PDA

View Full Version : 07 Toyota Tundra...?

HammerDown
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Kinda got my eye on a 07 Double Cab, anyone have the new 07...do ya like it?

Trailer Park Casanova
04-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Neighbor sold his 36' toybox.
A couple rolled in from Las Vegas to buy it driving a new Tundra.
We had our doubts, but the book said it'd easily tow it.
The purchasing couple had no clue about towing,,, we took them down to Simi RV and got a brake controller and hooked it up for them.
I drove it around the block towing the toybox up and down hills a few times and was really impressed with the power.
Lots and lots of power, felt teriffic,, excellent truck.
Tows what they say it will with ease.

ROZ
04-05-2007, 10:05 PM
can't make up my mind between the double cab or crew max... I dig it... A couple people around the neighborhood already have the new crew max. Both went from 2wd crew silverados to the Tundra... Both say they like it better than their old trucks...
I know I'm not the only one on the boards getting one either :D
Heard Toy is flirting with diesel for 08 , but....

uselessgrant
04-06-2007, 02:55 AM
pull something with a ford and you know what a real truck feels and tows like

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 04:52 AM
pull something with a ford and you know what a real truck feels and tows like
I have a F250 4x4 Super Cab Diesel...I know how it Tows.
*I'm looking for feedback from 07 Tundra owners...not info I already know about.

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Pearl Harbor (http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/pearlhbr/pearlhbr.htm)
:mad: :mad:

v-drive
04-06-2007, 05:32 AM
I have a F250 4x4 Super Cab Diesel...I know how it Tows.
*I'm looking for feedback from 07 Tundra owners...not info I already know about.
Maybe you just don't know how to drive.....v-drive

ahhell
04-06-2007, 05:34 AM
Pearl Harbor (http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/events/wwii-pac/pearlhbr/pearlhbr.htm)
:mad: :mad:
Isnt that a japanese quad in your sig line................:confused:
that must be differant

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Isnt that a japanese quad in your sig line................:confused:
that must be differant
Oh you caught me! :D
Does our great country make a racing quad? If so then I need to look into one. If not then I guess I had no choice! :confused:
The fact that Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge all make trucks with plenty of towing power it blows my mind that so many people think they have to buy a foreign truck to get a quality truck! Just my .02 :)

TaylorJet
04-06-2007, 05:56 AM
i hope you don't want to tow anything in 85*f or warmer weather. the new toyota has warnings about over heating.

callbob4homes
04-06-2007, 05:59 AM
might have been true at one time, but I think if you look at where most of the parts come from on "American" cars now, you might be surprised. and aren't Toyotas' made here now anyway?
<<<drives a cheby "colorado", with a bunch of "assembeled or made in mexico" stuff.:eek:

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 06:04 AM
might have been true at one time, but I think if you look at where most of the parts come from on "American" cars now, you might be surprised. and aren't Toyotas' made her now anyway?
<<<drives a cheby "colorado", with a bunch of "assembeled or made in mexico" stuff.:eek:
Nice truck! Unfortunately you are correct! Read this thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146293)
That's why american made vehicles are being built outside the U.S. :mad:

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 06:37 AM
Does our great country make a racing quad? If so then I need to look into one. If not then I guess I had no choice! :confused:
The fact that Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge all make trucks with plenty of towing power it blows my mind that so many people think they have to buy a foreign truck to get a quality truck! Just my .02 :)
So here's your loop-hole...>because (you) want it, and because our "Great Country" doesn't make it, and even though it's not made with an American Name Plate...it's then OK for you to purchase it...so much for Pearl Harbor eh :rolleyes:
Lets not forget the foreign name plate TV or DVD player and other appliances you (may) have in your home.

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 06:39 AM
i hope you don't want to tow anything in 85*f or warmer weather. the new toyota has warnings about over heating.
But does it shoot Flames out the tailpipe or will the owner need to pull over to let it cool down like the new Ford Diesel?

cc322
04-06-2007, 06:47 AM
I hear Toyota is working on a 1 ton dually diesel I cant wait:rolleyes:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/595738-toyotas-new-1-ton-dually-will-this-be-be-the-final-nail-in-fords-coffin.html

wright27
04-06-2007, 06:52 AM
My input on the 07 Tundra: It is the ugliest truck ever made.:D

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 06:58 AM
So here's your loop-hole...>because (you) want it, and because our "Great Country" doesn't make it, and even though it's not made with an American Name Plate...it's then OK for you to purchase it...so much for Pearl Harbor eh :rolleyes:
Lets not forget the foreign name plate TV or DVD player and other appliances you (may) have in your home.
You have a valid point. The problem is the fact that that if America doesn't make a product that you want to buy then we have no choice then to spend money on the slant eyed! I don't own a foreign vehicle because I had the choice to buy a domestic brand.
Keep in mind that GM's quality has doubled over the past couple of years, while Toyota's quality has been cut in half. Nobody knows it because this country has gotten it in their heads that they have to buy a toyota or honda in order to have a quality vehicle.
By the way if you don't want flames shooting out of your tailpipe then look into the new Duramax. In my opinion it's the baddest truck on the market. Not to mention 24 mpg.

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 07:00 AM
Take
Off
Your
Oversized
Tires
Asshole
:D :D :D

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 07:09 AM
By the way if you don't want flames shooting out of your tailpipe then look into the new Duramax. In my opinion it's the baddest truck on the market. Not to mention 24 mpg.
You mean the "Foreign Diesel" in the Chevy...lol
Seriously, I have no problem with the Duramax or the Alison Trany but...I just cant look at the new Chevy Truck > in my eyes fugly Big time.
Also 24 mpg is a tough pill to swallow...:idea: (must be special fuel out west):D
I personally know a few owners of the new D-Max and their lucky to get near the upper teens not towing/hwy...really.

Havasu1
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I have an 06 ford F250 diesel and it is great. It had a minor problem when I first got it but the dealer fixed it and it has been flawless since. It is a little over a year old and has 25k miles. I have had Jap cars and trucks that had more issues than the F250. So as far as reliablity is concered, I'm not sure the Jap vehicles are a whole lot better. It's a shame to see the big three having financial problems but what are you going to do? As for the new Tundra, it still doesn't look like a full size truck though it seems to have good capablities. As far as looks go, I think it is the ugliest truck out there. That is just my opion. I'm sure it is real nice inside. Sorry to hear about the issues with the new F250 because that is a sweet looking ride with a new 6.4 diesel. I have also owned Chevys. I like for and Chevys and Fords, I usually buy the one that has the best deal going. Last time it was a Ford because a local dealer had all 4x4 diesel crewcabs with $10k off factory sticker.

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 07:26 AM
You mean the "Foreign Diesel" in the Chevy...lol
Seriously, I have no problem with the Duramax or the Alison Trany but...I just cant look at the new Chevy Truck > in my eyes fugly Big time.
Also 24 mpg is a tough pill to swallow...:idea: (must be special fuel out west):D
I personally know a few owners of the new D-Max and their lucky to get near the upper teens not towing/hwy...really.
I work for a Chevy dealer in Maryland. We sold a reg cab duramax to a customer that drove about 800 miles the next week. He called us and told us he was getting 24 mpg highway. He also stated he was getting about 18 mpg in the city. I sold a 2004 crew cab duramax to a professional Bass fisherman that got about 21 mpg towing a 19 ft bass boat all over the country.
BTW there are still 2007 Classic Silverados out there with the LBZ Duramax if you don't like the new body style.

Cole Trickle
04-06-2007, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't compare it to a Heavy Duty Truck like what Ford,GMC and Dodge offers...I also wouldn't tow over 7-8K pounds with it no matter how impressive the commercials look.
With that being said they dominate the 1/2 Ton market in power and technology and the looks are kinda growing on me.
If ford and Chevy don't step up there power/transmission package Toyota/Nissan are gonna yank alot of business.
I still own GM:)

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
I work for a Chevy dealer in Maryland. We sold a reg cab duramax to a customer that drove about 800 miles the next week. He called us and told us he was getting 24 mpg highway. He also stated he was getting about 18 mpg in the city. I sold a 2004 crew cab duramax to a professional Bass fisherman that got about 21 mpg towing a 19 ft bass boat all over the country.
BTW there are still 2007 Classic Silverados out there with the LBZ Duramax if you don't like the new body style.
Were getting way off topic...I was simple looking for feedback from new 07 Tundra Owners.
But since this Thread took such a curve...obviously the owner of that Truck had no idea how to hand calculate his fuel mileage lol:D .
The only way I will ever believe a new 3/4 Ton Diesel is getting anywhere near or over 20 mpg hwy is if I drove it myself.
I've owned a Diesel for 20 years...I'm done paying the high price at the pump. Also, the newer Diesels are so much loaded down with Emissions crap and sensors that even the Dealer Techs can't fix'em right. All the Computer, re flashes etc are killing the once great simple efficient easy to work on Diesel Engine.
God forbid owning one out of warrantee...:messedup: :hammer2:

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Were getting way off topic...I was simple looking for feedback from new 07 Tundra Owners.
But since this Thread took such a curve...obviously the owner of that Truck had no idea how to hand calculate his fuel mileage lol:D .
The only way I will ever believe a new 3/4 Ton Diesel is getting anywhere near or over 20 mpg hwy is if I drove it myself.
I've owned a Diesel for 20 years...I'm done paying the high price at the pump. Also, the newer Diesels are so much loaded down with Emissions crap and sensors that even the Dealer Techs can't fix'em right. All the Computer, re flashes etc are killing the once great simple efficient easy to work on Diesel Engine.
5 year 100k mile warranty :D :D :D
Don't get me wrong Toyota make a nice looking truck. I just don't think the quality is there anymore! just my .02 :)

spectras only
04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
here's the chart for fuel economy , just for a reality check LMFAO :)
Never seen a full size pickup with V-8 [ esp 4X4 ;) ] going 24 MPG . Maybe
on the hill rolling down .
http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/pkup-06.htm

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Keep in mind that chart was for '06 models and the '08 have HUGE changes dealing with fuel economy (i.e. active fuel managment in all the gas engines). And the new diesel is suppose to be about 2 to 3 mpg more efficient as well.
Also keep in mind that my customers have no reason to lie to me. Facts are facts. We also had a DX driver drive a reg cab duramax just over 350 miles at 75 mph on a half tank of fuel!

riverracerx
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I have an '06 F150 FX4 and I LOVE it. (has it been in the shop...yes!)
If I were in the market for a new truck today, I would get the Toyota!

fat rat
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
:)
Ya the name of the company is Polaris.:) :eek:

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Ya the name of the company is Polaris.:) :eek:
I didn't know they made racing bikes. The only Polaris I have ridden was a 700 that my uncle has and it's a fuggin tank!:eek:

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Keep in mind that chart was for '06 models and the '08 have HUGE changes dealing with fuel economy (i.e. active fuel managment in all the gas engines). And the new diesel is suppose to be about 2 to 3 mpg more efficient as well.
Any feedback I've received from new Diesel owners (the honest ones) said their mpg is lower then their previous models...across the board.
So much for the 2-3 mpg on the more efficient side.
However, yes the newer Diesels are making more power at the same or slightly less mpg rating.
Thank the new tougher 07 Emissions regulations.

BajaMike
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Hard to get a straight answer around here, isn't it? (especially talking about brands of trucks or boats):idea:
:D

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Hard to get a straight answer around here, isn't it? (especially talking about brands of trucks or boats):idea:
:D
Nature of the Beast, Hot Boat.com that is...lol:D
Even with that, this is a great site that does offer up a good share of info.;)

wright27
04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Well you might want to go drive one. My 06 duramax on the Freeway going 75 will get 20 mpg.

Lacolaw
04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
I have a 07 classic Duramax crewcab 4x4. The best mileage I have seen is 16 mpg on the highway keeping it at 1800 rpm. I am averaging about 14.5 mpg. I was told it should improve once it fully breaks in.
I hope it does, I was expecting closer to 18 mpg.

fat rat
04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
I didn't know they made racing bikes. The only Polaris I have ridden was a 700 that my uncle has and it's a fuggin tank!:eek:
Polaris Predator 500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1466CIMG1297.JPG

dmontzsta
04-06-2007, 02:16 PM
I like how the toyota commercial has super duties in the background hooked up to the trailers that towed the stuff in to the commercial shoot. :D

dumbandyoung
04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Hey..Take that back!!! The Dodge Dakota is the ugliest truck ever made!!:D :D

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey..Take that back!!! The Dodge Dakota is the ugliest truck ever made!!:D :D
I'll concur about that...then and the new Chevy...Ewwww.

dumbandyoung
04-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I'll concur about that...then and the new Chevy...Ewwww.
Right on brotha!! ;) I think the designers for Chevy and Dodge smoked some awefull shait while drawling the new trucks. The new Ram is pretty cool, Id never buy one, but there not bad to look at.:D
I think the that Toyota Crew max Commercial is a crack up when they show the rear seat slide back for more leg room. Why dont the just mount the seat back there originally?? Pretty stupid. Its funny because before they move it theres no leg room at all. haha
My truck has plenty of room without the dumb sliding seat.
heres a video that shows ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IGuXR-Cw38

LAND_LOVER69
04-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Polaris Predator 500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1466CIMG1297.JPG
I stand corrected!

dumbandyoung
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Have you guys compared the looks of the new Chevy to the current F-150? The front ends look sooooo similiar. The headlights (the part I dont like the most) look pretty damn similar to the Fords. And Im not talking about exact shape but the fact that its a big square versus the 2 rectagular ones like Chevy has had for about 25 years before this. Really to me it seems the Chevy designers got a lot of inspiration for the front end from the Ford. I love the rest of the truck though. The Dakota just looks down right weird though. trying too hard to make it look like a mini ram.
Yeah copying someone else's design means you admire it more than your own. I guess thats Chevy's way of say thumps up to Ford;) .
I think in the next few years we'll see the bowtie go for a more oval shape:D

PHOTOGLOU
04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Any feedback I've received from new Diesel owners (the honest ones) said their mpg is lower then their previous models...across the board.
So much for the 2-3 mpg on the more efficient side.
However, yes the newer Diesels are making more power at the same or slightly less mpg rating.
Thank the new tougher 07 Emissions regulations.
This is ALSO due to the new ULTRA low sulfer fuel.....

superdave013
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Uh yeah I dont think that will happen. Chevy just wants Ford's sales numbers so they are trying to confuse them a little and then when the buyer gets in and drives it and says "Wow! Where did all this power come from?! Im not used to that in a Ford. OH MY GOD!!! This is a CHEVY?!?!"
Ive owned both a Ford and a Chevy. The chevy hasnt given me ANY problems and it has 140,000 miles on it. The Ford...... New engine, new tranny, new suspension pieces and it has 130,000. Oh and I cant sell that blue oval piece of shit to save my life.
My Burban broke a push rod the first week I owned it.
I've owned them all and you know what? They all have problems at some point. (with my burban costing the most and being the worst of the heap)

Wet Dream
04-06-2007, 04:55 PM
I checked out the new Tundra's. I like the power and the 6 speed tranny, but I really didn't like the small front end on them. That might take some getting used to. I like a truck with some meat in the front. Another turn off was the lack luster dash.

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
I think the that Toyota Crew max Commercial is a crack up when they show the rear seat slide back for more leg room. Why dont the just mount the seat back there originally?? Pretty stupid. Its funny because before they move it theres no leg room at all. haha
I think the idea is the option to recline the seat a bit.

dumbandyoung
04-06-2007, 05:15 PM
I checked out the new Tundra's. I like the power and the 6 speed tranny, but I really didn't like the small front end on them. That might take some getting used to. I like a truck with some meat in the front. Another turn off was the lack luster dash.
I aslo noticed that the distance between the driver and the windshield is very close too.

fat rat
04-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I stand corrected!
No problem.............................just messing.:D

cc322
04-06-2007, 06:40 PM
But does it shoot Flames out the tailpipe or will the owner need to pull over to let it cool down like the new Ford Diesel?
So Ford Recalls 37,000 vehicles because three of them had a problem with fuel leaking into the exhaust...I say big deal. Only two of the leaks have been attributed to injectors. So 2 trucks in >9,000 already sold had the same confirmed problem(s); some disagree, but that seems like a pretty good ratio to me. It's amusing to me how so many people are automatically assuming that this will be the end of the 6.4 and Ford. If three torqshifts in 9,000 were reportly taken back to dealership with the same problem (which i'm sure was the case), nobody would care...a lot of people seem a little trigger happy with this.

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 06:57 PM
So Ford Recalls 37,000 vehicles because three of them had a problem with fuel leaking into the exhaust...I say big deal. Only two of the leaks have been attributed to injectors. So 2 trucks in >9,000 already sold had the same confirmed problem(s); some disagree, but that seems like a pretty good ratio to me. It's amusing to me how so many people are automatically assuming that this will be the end of the 6.4 and Ford. If three torqshifts in 9,000 were reportly taken back to dealership with the same problem (which i'm sure was the case), nobody would care...a lot of people seem a little trigger happy with this.
Trigger happy I hope not but they do need to pull themselves out of quite a BIG hole from the 6.0.
I remember the good old days when I purchased my ol 7.3 Ford Diesel....in the first 1000 miles it tossed a Alternator belt, and I was pissed about that!

ROZ
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
The Tundra Crew Max has a lot more room than you think. I'm 6'2" and had more than enough room in the back seat. In fact, I slid the seat foward and reclined the seat back for an even more comfortable ride. Even while riding in the reclined position with the front passenger seat all the way back, I had penty of room...
Not that it really matters...It's not like I plan to sit in the rear seat of my own truck :D

ROZ
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
I aslo noticed that the distance between the driver and the windshield is very close too.really? I think the truck has a cab foward design... It feels a little further away to me...

Wake Havasu
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Tundra's are built right in the heart of America, Indiana, and Texas parts and all. The company that profits is Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. and they are traded on the U.S. stock exchange in turn paying profits to individuals all over the world just like Ford, and GM. Well not just like they continue to provide american's with more and more jobs, while Ford and GM continue to move operations to the U.S. and Canada.
Aint that true!
Toyotas made here Ford and Chevys made there!

cc322
04-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Aint that true!
Toyotas made here Ford and Chevys made there!
Louiville Kentucky is here:confused:

superdave013
04-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Louiville Kentucky is here:confused:
it's more here then F'in Mexico!
Some good red blooded Americans in Kentucky. C'Mon

cc322
04-07-2007, 05:59 AM
it's more here then F'in Mexico!
Some good red blooded Americans in Kentucky. C'Mon
?????????? you lost me

BoatPI
04-07-2007, 06:05 AM
My 06' Ford 4x4 crew cab diesel first got between 16-17 MPG non towning between Havasu and the O.C. Now that it is broken in it gets 18-20 MPG. Diesel is now less than regular gas at about $2.89 in Long Beach and about $2.60 in Havasu.
Having owned 10 4x4's in my days, NOTHING tows or has the sheer power as this truck. Towing 7K pounds in any 1/2 razted truck aside from locally is a joke. Been their done that.

cc322
04-07-2007, 06:24 AM
JEFFERSON COUNTY, KY . is known as KTP Kentucky Truck Plant. These trucks are shipped to the U.S. Dealers and I think Canada. The plant in Mexico ships these trucks to the rest of the world.

steve d
04-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Been looking at Tacomas. Waked through a dealership and found that half of them were assembled in Mexico.......Same price.
Is the Tundra next???

fatboy95
04-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Obviously you haven't looked at a Nissan lately:(

LLGirl
04-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Been looking at Tacomas. Waked through a dealership and found that half of them were assembled in Mexico.......Same price.
Is the Tundra next???
No, the Tundra is not next. They just completed the state-of-the-art plant in San Antonio, TX just for the Tundra. I've gone on a tour through that plant, very impressive!