PDA

View Full Version : So I get a call from kids school.............

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Somebody needs to come get my girl she hurt herself on the playground.I was in Palm Springs so I couldnt make it I call the wife and tell her to go.The phone rings again its the school we think her leg is broken.So I say did you call 911 she says no.I got pissed and told them to call 911 30 mins later she is on her way to Loma Linda this 8yr old has a broken tibia and fibula in her left leg.Why they didnt call 911 in the first place I will never know.School nurses suck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/19171.jpg

HocusPocus
04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
that makes no sense why they didn't call 911 before even trying to call a parent.. the kid is sitting there in pain and they are waiting for a parent to get there! :mad:

73kona455
04-05-2007, 07:09 PM
hope everything works out good for her...

shueman
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Damm....sorry to hear...:( F'n PC world needs parental permission for everything these days...:confused:

Jyruiz
04-05-2007, 07:11 PM
That sucks, hope she is not in to much pain. Oh, and buy her some flowers and a teddy bear and tell her it is from Jyruiz.:)

mrs.rvrluvr
04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Sorry to hear that.....I agree, school nurses suck. We've had a bunch of run-in's with school nurses who couldn't find there way out of a paper bag, much less take care of my kids. Hope your kid feels better soon.

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.Morphine is a good thing :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/Picture_017.jpg

RaceFace
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Talk about pissed!! I would have BLOWN A GASKET!!!
Care for the kid...THEN call me!!!!

JetBoatRich
04-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Sucks, 911 seems like the right call to me:sqeyes:
Hope she heals quickly;)
You have been busy with the kids this year

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Sucks, 911 seems like the right call to me:sqeyes:
Hope she heals quickly;)
You have been busy with the kids this year
Its all part of being dad..............:coffeycup :D

JetBoatRich
04-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Its all part of being dad..............:coffeycup :D
yes it is:D would not give it up for anything:D

Coach
04-05-2007, 07:32 PM
They don't need to contact you to call 911. When in doubt call. They do need to contact you once 911 has been called and if they will need to transport and what is filled out on your daughters emergency card. I have called 911 many of times in my 12 years of teaching. Kids passing out, broken arms, racquetball to the eye, broken legs, broken collar bones. Why a school would hesitate to call is beyond me. I would call and talk to the principal about the school / district policy about these situations and ask as to why 911 was not called once it was thought to be a break. Most will be receptive to what you have to say. Express you are mad but blowing a gasket or anything that extreme will not solve anything.

RaceFace
04-05-2007, 08:03 PM
I was just reading this story to my wife and she informed me that due to district budgeting, our elementary school doesn't have a full time nurse. The nurse rotates to different schools in the district. I would think even though its not a "certified" nurse, the adult overseeing the situation would have enough common sense to make the call to benefit the child....which should be 911 first. I'm with Coach all the way, make your opinion heard to the district.

twowheeledfish
04-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Awww... poor thing. What a pretty little girl. Wish her the best from all of us.

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Awww... poor thing. What a pretty little girl. Wish her the best from all of us.
I will and thank you.

DeltaSigBoater
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Is the morphine for you or her, :D
just kidding...
Sorry to hear that... what was she doing that caused her to break both her tibia and fibula in her left leg?

DeltaSigBoater
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
just kidding...
Sorry to hear that... what was she doing that caused her to break both her tibia and fibula in her left leg?

racecar.hotshoe
04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
just kidding...
Playing soccer at school.

DansBlown73Nordic
04-06-2007, 12:43 AM
My 10 year old daughter was in school a couple weeks ago in Gym class. She was running and popped her knee cap out. She went to the nurse and was sent back to class. By the time she got home from school she couldn't walk on her leg.:sqeyes: :sqeyes:
I was PISSED to find out the nurse thought she was OK.....I made a phone call to the principle the next day. The nurse called me back in tears. I told her if one of my kids has a hang nail CALL ME!!!!!
My daughter had to wear a brace for two months. :idea:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-06-2007, 05:37 AM
I think most schools in this area do not have a nurse on staff. The district has a nurse and while the nurse is not at a school, the "health technicians" take care of whatever they can. Aggravating, I know. I remember I got a shot from my school nurse when I was in elementary school (innoculation). Nowadays, they can't even give them a cough drop. :rolleyes:
Along the same note, my daughter is on the track team at the high school. She told me a couple of weeks ago that one of the girls had a seizure during a practice after running the mile. I asked, "Did the coach call an ambulance?" No "Did he send her home with her parents ordering her to the doctor?" No. WTF?? I haven't even seen the girl, but knowing kids, I ask, "Does she eat? Is she anorexic?" Katrina responds, "I think she might be, mom." The kid is still running and hasn't seen a doctor yet. Isn't the coach afraid of the liability here? I wouldn't let her run again until I got a doctor's note clearing her. BTW, my daughter told one of the female PE teachers the next day.

4trax
04-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Look like twins:D The casts anyways. Sorry to hear about your girl. This is my son. Flat feet surgery. Just some thing to show her to let her know she is not alone. This happened 4/5/07 for him.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/4trax67/Robert/100_2263.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r162/4trax67/Robert/100_2271.jpg

4day!!
04-06-2007, 07:01 AM
So she was on the playground when she broke it. So did they tell her to shake it off and walk to the nurses office?:confused: Even if they carried her or moved her without splinting it, they could have caused alot more damage, and pain to your little girl. As a dad of a 11 yo boy and 7 yo girl i would have been f'ng irrate.

a catered life
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
Somebody needs to come get my girl she hurt herself on the playground.I was in Palm Springs so I couldnt make it I call the wife and tell her to go.The phone rings again its the school we think her leg is broken.So I say did you call 911 she says no.I got pissed and told them to call 911 30 mins later she is on her way to Loma Linda this 8yr old has a broken tibia and fibula in her left leg.Why they didnt call 911 in the first place I will never know.School nurses suck.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/19171.jpg
so sorry to hear the sad news and i hope she has a speedy recovery...regarding the school nurse i must say they suck...many of them are not even real nurses anymore just glorified clerks..:mad: since i work for a school district and hear many of the calls for emergency nurse help i have seen first hand what they dont know.....its sad how their budgets have been cut so bad that many school district only have a handful of real nurses that rotate around the district...sorry again about your little girl:(

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-06-2007, 09:33 AM
we are so sorry to hear about the little one getting hurt.. Hope she is doing well.. Poor thing.. :(

Debbolas
04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I hope she feels better soon, poor little thing:(

lewiville
04-06-2007, 09:53 AM
oh man. this is not going to be a spring "break" to remember

PHX ATC
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Give that young lady a beer...okay, at least sit down beside her and drink one for her.:D
I'd run it right up the flagpole to the super of whatever school district you live in. :mad: