PDA

View Full Version : Home Vandalized After Craig's List Ad

RitcheyRch
04-06-2007, 08:31 AM
This sucks.
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/11536665/detail.html
A home in Washington state was cleaned out and nearly destroyed after someone placed an online advertisement inviting people to come and take what they wanted.
Laurie Raye said she had renovated the house after recently evicting the tenant. Before it was looted, she had hoped to sell the house.
"By placing an ad and having people come and take everything, it stops you in your tracks," Raye said. "I don't know."
After investigating, police found out that the ad had been placed on CraigsList.org, a popular online classified advertising service. It told people they could take whatever they wanted from the home for free.
And they did -- right down to the kitchen sink.
Raye's renovations included installing new vinyl windows. Now they are gone, and so is the water heater and the light fixtures.
"They wanted to not only destroy it and steal, but they wanted to just make it feel like it's impossible to consider cleaning up," Raye said.
Tacoma police said they are trying to track down the person who placed the ad.

Jordy
04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Tacoma police said they are trying to track down the person who placed the ad.
Gee, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they might start with the tennant who was evicted. :notam:

rrrr
04-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Gee, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they might start with the tenant who was evicted. :notam:
That's what I like about Jordy......always able to figure things out in seconds......a real CSI kinda guy. :D :D

Jordy
04-06-2007, 08:39 AM
That's what I like about Jordy......always able to figure things out in seconds......a real CSI kinda guy. :D :D
Yeah, I had to take my sunglasses off and put them on a few times, but it all came to me. :D :D :D

Jbb
04-06-2007, 09:10 AM
That Jordy......always a keen insight into the obvious.

Baja Big Dog
04-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Gee, I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that they might start with the tennant who was evicted. :notam:
Ill bet Jordy has some secret powder of spray with UV lights that told him who it was!!!!
This is tragic, but dam its sure funny shit!!!!

Jordy
04-06-2007, 09:16 AM
That Jordy......always a keen insight into the obvious.
Brian... stop hating. ;) :D

MudPumper
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Gotta give a high five to the neighbors who obviously didn't raise an eybrow or ask any questions to the people destroying the house. :eek: