PDA

View Full Version : KISS - Guitarist Mark St. John RIP 2/7/1956 - 4/5/2007

HammerDown
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Excerpts from KNAC.COM Article:
KNAC.COM air personality Junkman just checked in with the following sad news:
"Just got a call this afternoon stating that my friend, former Kiss guitarist Mark St. John, died this morning from a cerebral hemorrage. He was 51.
I have known him for a long time. I roadied for his band White Tiger, and just spoke with him at the recent NAMM show.
As soon as I fid out more info I will let you know. My heart goes out to his family. A very sad day.
Junkie"
Wow what a bummer...he was a smooookin Guitarist! And for the short time he was with Kiss he turned that band on it's edge.
Fact is, Kiss would never have been able to do some of the high energy faster stuff if not for Eric Carr and Mark St John...great music back then.

76ANTHONY
04-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Excerpts from KNAC.COM Article:
KNAC.COM air personality Junkman just checked in with the following sad news:
"Just got a call this afternoon stating that my friend, former Kiss guitarist Mark St. John, died this morning from a cerebral hemorrage. He was 51.
I have known him for a long time. I roadied for his band White Tiger, and just spoke with him at the recent NAMM show.
As soon as I fid out more info I will let you know. My heart goes out to his family. A very sad day.
Junkie"
Wow what a bummer...he was a smooookin Guitarist! And for the short time he was with Kiss he turned that band on it's edge.
Fact is, Kiss would never have been able to do some of the high energy faster stuff if not for Eric Carr and Mark St John...great music back then.
huh? i thought kiss was paul stanley, ace freely, gene simmons and peter chris..i didnt even know the others. that is sad....i feel for the family, he was young

RiverToysJas
04-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I've never seen the Mark St John doll!!! http://www.***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
...sorry for the loss though, 51 is pretty young all things considered! :(
RTJas

HocusPocus
04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
huh? i thought kiss was paul stanley, ace freely, gene simmons and peter chris..i didnt even know the others. that is sad....i feel for the family, he was young
that was the original lineup.. over the years its just been gene and paul with various others. Eric Carr was one of their drummers who passes away November 21, 1991. Mark will be missed.. RIP

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-06-2007, 08:13 PM
that was the original lineup.. over the years its just been gene and paul with various others. Eric Carr was one of their drummers who passes away November 21, 1991. Mark will be missed.. RIP
Man, Mark St. John kicked ass on the Animalize album. My buddy used to take lessons from him when we were 13. Amazing guitarist. Just like Eric Carr...gone too soon. RIP.
:(