PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Houses Safe ?

PBOCOP
04-06-2007, 12:24 PM
I wonder if my door is wide open !! Doh !!
Cops nab 5 burglary suspects
BY DAVID BELLL
Friday, April 6, 2007 8:58 AM MST
Sam Scarmardo knew something was fishy when he was asked to buy what looked like tens of thousands of dollars worth of jewelry for just $900.
The owner of Sam's Shooters Emporium alerted Lake Havasu City police when two women attempted to sell what turned out to be $40,000 worth of gold and jewels.
Undercover officers entered the McCulloch Boulevard store and with uniformed officers outside, arrested the two women. That led police to three others, all of whom are suspected of burglarizing at least four Lake Havasu City homes in the past two weeks.
Taken into custody were Michael W. Lawlor, 22, of Pasadena, Calif.; David W. Wright, 24, of El Monte, Calif.; Julie A. Noble, 23; Xana D. Marks, 22; and Joshua R. Ellis, 19, all of Monrovia, Calif.
“I just feel good that we could help take a bite out of crime,” said Scarmardo.
Investigators recovered several items, including an estimated $40,000 in jewelry and other household items believed to be stolen property. Credit cards taken in all four burglaries were either in the suspects' possession or in the vehicles they were using.
Detectives said one of the vehicles, a Toyota pickup, was reported stolen in Los Angeles, as well as a H & K .40-caliber semi-automatic handgun, which was reported stolen from a vehicle in California.
Investigators found 1 ounce of methamphetamines and one-half ounce of marijuana in the subjects' possession.
Lawlor was charged with possession of dangerous drugs, marijuana, drug paraphernalia, conspiracy and being a fugitive from justice. He was ordered held on no bond.
Marks was charged with possession of dangerous drugs, theft of a means of transportation, trafficking in stolen property, possession of dangerous drugs for sale, stolen property and drug paraphernalia. She was ordered held on $100,000 bond.
Noble was charged with possession of stolen property and trafficking in stolen property. Wright was charged with conspiracy and three counts of theft of a credit card. Ellis was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, marijuana and conspiracy. Each was ordered held on $75,000 bond.
Each suspect was assigned a public defender and preliminary hearings are set for April 13.
Lake Havasu City police detectives continue to investigate the case and the suspect's potential involvement in other incidents. Additional charges against all five suspects are expected.
You may contact the reporter at dbell@havasunews.com.

Jyruiz
04-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Our house screams welfare, nobody is going to break into it.:D

Run_em_Hard
04-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Its funny how people that do shit like this always seem to have drugs:idea:

Coded-Dude
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
These things happen all the time all over the US.
But I can imagine recreational/tourist areas would often times be more prone to such "attacks."

Ziggy
04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Its funny how people that do shit like this always seem to have drugs:idea:
Smart enough to stay in town to off the merchandise too :rolleyes:

SummitKarl
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
I wonder if my door is wide open !! Doh !!
Cops nab 5 burglary suspects
BY DAVID BELLL
Friday, April 6, 2007 8:58 AM MST
Taken into custody were Michael W. Lawlor, 22, of Pasadena, Calif.; David W. Wright, 24, of El Monte, Calif.; Julie A. Noble, 23; Xana D. Marks, 22; and Joshua R. Ellis, 19, all of Monrovia, Calif.
can anyone say.................SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

INSman
04-06-2007, 01:13 PM
DUMB FOCKS !!!!! :mad:
Good thing I ain't got 40g worth of anything lying around, much less gold and jewels.

Boozer
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Stuff like this is exactly why I ALWAYS keep my dope at home or in my hotel room. You never known when the pawnshop owner is going to snitch you out.
Anyone want to buy a Rolex?

Ziggy
04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Stuff like this is exactly why I ALWAYS keep my dope at home or in my hotel room. You never known when the pawnshop owner is going to snitch you out.
Anyone want to buy a Rolex?How'd ya get it to the hotel room ya dinga a ling?? :rolleyes:
LMAO

jdf
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
How'd ya get it to the hotel room ya dinga a ling?? :rolleyes:
LMAOcause he's boozer the ding a ling