PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!! Hawaiian Custom Boats/Team Hawaiian boat looking to BUY!!!

Havasu Sun
04-06-2007, 04:30 PM
There are few better http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/88131865.htmresources about custom boats than the guys on this site.
I am looking to upgrade from my '84 eliminator day cruiser to something newer and bigger. I spotted this Hawaiian in the trader. http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/88131865.htm
What do you guys think? There seems to be a stormy history behind the manufacturer but if I can get it at a good price would it be worth it. Unfortunetly I live about 12 hours from the boat so I have not seen it yet. Actually I haven't even called him yet. I was waiting to get some background from you guys first.
What do ya think???????

Havasu Sun
04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
sorry for the double link! DAMN NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!

Havasu Carrera
04-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Your trading UP from a Eliminator to a Hawaiian? Would that be a Hawaiian hoola dancer maybe? Otherwise thats probibly not a trade UP. Ok maybe in size and weight but....You wanted oppinions right?

76ANTHONY
04-06-2007, 04:44 PM
There are few better http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/88131865.htmresources about custom boats than the guys on this site.
I am looking to upgrade from my '84 eliminator day cruiser to something newer and bigger. I spotted this Hawaiian in the trader. http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/88131865.htm
What do you guys think? There seems to be a stormy history behind the manufacturer but if I can get it at a good price would it be worth it. Unfortunetly I live about 12 hours from the boat so I have not seen it yet. Actually I haven't even called him yet. I was waiting to get some background from you guys first.
What do ya think???????
well first off, when you write an ad you might wanna check it out after your done, this guy put NO info on his ad, what size engine and so on. thats enough to make me back off. then theres the talk of crappy manufacturing, of witch i know nothing about so i wont give any opinion i have on the subject....
ok thats my opinion:D

boats&bars
04-06-2007, 04:45 PM
the newer hawaiians are not the same as the older ones ,Im a proud owner of a classic hawaiian but you are only asking for problems with a newer one
I would pass and buy an older elim mojave or sleek craft

Havasu Sun
04-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll stick to my search for an eliminator, lavey, ect.
see ya at the river, hopefully soon!

atomickitn
04-07-2007, 06:49 AM
actuly i rigged for hawaiian, from 97/99....and more than likly i did that boat, it is a 24 open bow with a 7.4 omc/volvo i think they went around 65mph....however i did alot of them, and most of them were the same graphics...not bad back then .....but anything after that .....just be sure to look at everything, as the owner well........ill keep my mouth shut.:)

catman-do
04-07-2007, 07:23 AM
To me that looks like this guy Brians boat that I used to know. He was the GM of Romero Mazda in Ontario, so you would think that the motor would be maintained fairly well with all the mechanic connections. The boat was fairly clean from what I remember, but then again, like posted earlier... It is a Hawaiin.

havasurat27
04-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Very bad rep. Heavy and typically underpowered. Horrible gel and interior work historically. Just my 2 cents.

havasurat27
04-07-2007, 08:49 AM
the newer hawaiians are not the same as the older ones ,Im a proud owner of a classic hawaiian but you are only asking for problems with a newer one
I would pass and buy an older elim mojave or sleek craft
How was your honeymoon?......can't wait to see your pic in ***boat! Funny shiat! By the way.....nice wedding! Thanks!

SJRS1
04-07-2007, 09:25 AM
I WAS going to puchase one about 3 years ago, several banks would not even deal with them becouse he had claimed to delivered boats and so he could get paid from the bank and the boat was bareley out of the mold, I would stay far, far away

boats&bars
04-07-2007, 09:31 AM
How was your honeymoon?......can't wait to see your pic in ***boat! Funny shiat! By the way.....nice wedding! Thanks!
honeymoon was great , thanks for coming, I will send you some photos soon.

RP2
04-07-2007, 11:25 AM
actuly i rigged for hawaiian, from 97/99....and more than likly i did that boat, it is a 24 open bow with a 7.4 omc/volvo i think they went around 65mph....however i did alot of them, and most of them were the same graphics...not bad back then .....but anything after that .....just be sure to look at everything, as the owner well........ill keep my mouth shut.:)
I think this is a clue... the guy is advertising the boat as a 25', when in fact it is only a 24'...

talbert450r
04-07-2007, 11:34 AM
I know of a much better quality boat for sale and the builder backs their product 100%. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134207
Buy my boat.

atomickitn
04-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I think this is a clue... the guy is advertising the boat as a 25', when in fact it is only a 24'...
there is a reason i dont work there any more .....his version of quality ,and my version are sooooooo different......i have been at dana performance boats for the last five years, and people say nice things ...so we must be doing something right ...:D

Havasu Sun
04-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Thanks again for the info.
You had me at "they suck"
I will just keep looking. My perfect find would be an Eliminator 250 Eagle, 1997-1999, big motor, low hours, low price, open bow. It may be a long search!

Havasu Sun
04-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I know of a much better quality boat for sale and the builder backs their product 100%.
Thanks,
You have a nice boat but it is more than I can spend! My bro has a 23 shadow deck. He will never own anything but an ultra. From being in his it is hard to argue with him.

Legal Chemistry
04-08-2007, 12:57 PM
the boat is a 25'... I think it's 24' 8" at the transom + the "euro-style" swimsteps it is 25'. So I can see why the seller wrote that
I have same mold of the Hawaiian euro Offshore (1996). I've heard horror stories from others about their past. In my case, I bought a used boat and dealing with the companys past history really isn't an issue for me -I'm not looking for a factory warranty or counting on someone standing by there work on an 8 or 10 year old boat. They aren't the top teir boats, but taking into consideration that for <30k you get a 25' open bow, bbc, and your on the water having fun: that's really what counts. I'm not standing by the manuf. but this boat fit my price, size, and style: I'm happy with what I have for now. Yeah, for 60k you can get a newer Ultra... try comparing apples to apples next time.