PDA

View Full Version : Park Moabi changes some rules

mmered8299
04-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Just got back from a beautiful week at Park Moabi. Made reservations for next Easter and I guess we are sharing a 4 hook up site with some Snow Bird? If you donÂ’t reserve all of the hook ups on the site then Park Moabi can rent the rest out. This is all new for this year. I guess to generate money. I can only imagine the Security issues they will have.
Think about it. You have some Mormon family enjoying the tent camping and boating and along comes a group of Hot Boaters with there half million dollar RVs, horse shoe, country music playing and boozing till midnight. :idea:

Debbolas
04-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Just got back from a beautiful week at Park Moabi. Made reservations for next Easter and I guess we are sharing a 4 hook up site with some Snow Bird? If you donÂ’t reserve all of the hook ups on the site then Park Moabi can rent the rest out. This is all new for this year. I guess to generate money. I can only imagine the Security issues they will have.
Think about it. You have some Mormon family enjoying the tent camping and boating and along comes a group of Hot Boaters with there half million dollar RVs, horse shoe, country music playing and boozing till midnight. :idea:
I believe it's always been that way...:D
Deb<------has to make reservations for next year.......

Jbb
04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
That's the place that banned Tom Brown for life + 20.......but he wont talk about it...:jawdrop:

Coach
04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
You only deal with Snowbirds until 4/1 of each year. Now on the 10 sites you either have to reserve all the spots or you can end up with others on your site. I have end up with others on a site for a day or two and most have been cool but during winter with the snowbirds we have had the sheriffs called out on us a few times. The best is when the sheriff ends up with our kids in the car putting on the lights and giving out stickers to our kids (BTW our group has about 4 cops every trip). The snow birds can be a major pain in the ass some times. We had some old man kicking my buddies dog (a lazy boxer who can hurt a flea) and the guy called the cops on us for not having the dog on a leash. Nothing happend to us but the guy didn't come back out the rest of the week while we were there. Being the nice guys we are we came back out 4 time that winter to the same spot just so the guy would never come back. 2 year and counting he has not been back.

Riomouse911
04-07-2007, 09:42 PM
From what I understand, during the winter months a penninsula hook up is about 200 bucks a month...folks will grab one or two hook ups on a penninsula all winter. The other hook ups on that site are up for grabs. Summer months are different, you rent the entire 4-car site for the days you want. If it's a 10 siter, then you might have company on the unused hook ups. Since they did away with the waiting list two years ago, it's hell getting a site during the summer if you don't already have one for a weekend... and then reserve the same weekend the following year.

Mrs. casean
04-08-2007, 07:42 AM
I believe it's always been that way...:D
Deb<------has to make reservations for next year.......
Actually it just started this year. I got the "new rules" in my reservation confirmation. I think it's lame that you may end up sharing your peninsula with total strangers. Like he said, what if you get a bunch of punks and you have a family w/ you, that could cause some problems. So for our Sept trip we did reserve every hook up in advance. Not worth it to us to maybe have to share the site we have. We'll see how long it lasts :D Still my favorite place to camp on the water!

moneypit
04-08-2007, 08:16 AM
I didnt know Mormons couldnt afford to buy the same equipment or didnt like country music or stay up until midnight?