PDA

View Full Version : Laptop to Desk Top

Wet Dream
04-08-2007, 06:30 AM
Can I install and do my Turbo Tax on my laptop and then transfer the files over to the PC via USB or how do I do that? I want to be able to free up the memory again in the laptop when I'm done.

HocusPocus
04-08-2007, 07:30 AM
that wont be a problem at all, we do it all the time as long as turbo tax is installed on each computer of course.

photo chick
04-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Can I install and do my Turbo Tax on my laptop and then transfer the files over to the PC via USB or how do I do that? I want to be able to free up the memory again in the laptop when I'm done.
Yes you can, you may even have infrared on both puters and then you can beem them across, that's what I do...Now stop playing on the computer and get your taxes done already!!

bigq
04-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Your freeing up disk space not memory and yes you can save the file from turbo tax to a CD, USB Drive, transfer through serial, USB. You need to uninstall the software from the laptop and reinstall Turbo Tax on the desktop.

Wet Dream
04-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Yes you can, you may even have infrared on both puters and then you can beem them across, that's what I do...Now stop playing on the computer and get your taxes done already!!
Alright already. :mad: Jeeez. Thanks for the help, everyone.

Xlration Marine
04-08-2007, 08:45 AM
If the nodes are networked than it's a piece of cake. Can just use a patch cable from one to the other. Or better yet get a router and share the internet conection. I have a little cisco network that I have set up in my house with 4 computer and a UPS. Works out great.

Wet Dream
04-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I have a router, wired to the PC, and wireless to the lap. I think or now I'm going to burn to cd, and xfer over to the pc.