PDA

View Full Version : Gem Car Opinions... Good, Bad, Or Just...

Pussywhippled
04-08-2007, 07:32 AM
I've had the tricked out golf cart... Big deal.
I've had the Arctic Cat Prowler... Big deal.
I'm now looking at the Gem Car to leave at the river for the summer. I like the idea of actually being a real 4 seater and it being street legal.
Anybody have any info on them good or bad or are they just gay?

riverroyal
04-08-2007, 09:17 AM
had a Ford Think elec car for years,it was great.Only issue was parts,cant get them anymore.make sure the gem stuff stays avail for years to come

rrrr
04-08-2007, 09:28 AM
A friend of mine has one, it's pretty cool. His wife and the kids drive it to the ice cream store......he has a condo at Texas Motor Speedway and we take it out there for the races to take people to the infield and pits.
They have a high and low speed setting.....I think top speed is 25 MPH. Definitely nice to use as a gofer vehicle. The trunk will hold several bags of groceries.
I'd do it.

riverroyal
04-08-2007, 09:29 AM
one,he put a speed controller on his,it hauls ass now

Baja Big Dog
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
AND YOU POSTED PICTURES OF THE ARTIC CAT AND THE GOLF CART BECAUSE??????:confused:

707dog
04-08-2007, 06:51 PM
we got one for a shop cart to run back and forth between buildings..pretty much ordered it the way we wanted....got cd player,heater,windshelid wipers,fully enclosed and the cool trunk option.....i like it!! go for it

Tom Brown
04-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I have something very similar to a gem car that I use for the commute to work. I use it a lot at the lake too.
Mine has fenders. It has windows too. ... heater, A/C, it has a gasoline engine and get's about 36mpg. I find it very comfortable.
Seriously, why don't you just get a used Geo for 200 bucks?

2Driver
04-09-2007, 08:16 AM
I have something very similar to a gem car that I use for the commute to work. I use it a lot at the lake too.
Mine has fenders. It has windows too. ... heater, A/C, it has a gasoline engine and get's about 36mpg. I find it very comfortable.
Seriously, why don't you just get a used Geo for 200 bucks?
We bought 2 Gems during the big tax credit debacle in AZ a few years back . We kept one here and one at our house in Parker. If you are doing all road or dirt road they are great. They make a slightly larger tire for them and you can pull the limiter and get another 8-10 MPH more, although we never did it. There are a fair number of used ones since the AZ tax credit thing spurred a lot of GEM buying. Be sure to have the batteries checked since a new set will run you around $400-$600 installed. The main reason I got it was for the crazy tax credit, but they were pretty fun to buz around in.

Pussywhippled
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
AND YOU POSTED PICTURES OF THE ARTIC CAT AND THE GOLF CART BECAUSE??????:confused:
Just to try and be as cool as you... Why did you click on them??????