PDA

View Full Version : Is Revenge OK?

burtandnancy2
04-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Let me start by saying that a group of very friendy boaters (and 99.9% are) met for a few days at Glamis for some fun in the sand, and 99.9% of these people are also great, but as you know in every aspect of life, the .01% azzholes show up. In this case, they came in late at nite, parked within feet of our rigs and blocked us in about 270 degrees. But nothing was said until the next night when they decided to start partying about 11:30 and had boom boxes that were raising the sand right off the earth. I walked over and there were 2 men and maybe 10 teenagers or early twentiers. They were polite, apologized and the music(?) went off until about 5:30 AM!!! Its too late now for payback, we pulled out a few hours later. But had I been properly prepared, how do you get even with these kind of people? I'm thinking two things; Train Horn or a cannister of tear gas rolled into thier camp? I'm looking for ideas here. Any suggestions?

phebus
04-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Move on, it's not worth the agravation.

Ken F
04-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Shotguns work well. If you don't want to go that far, get a boat horn with a can of compressed air. Start tooting it in time with the music. They get the hint really quick. I do this with my truck horn at stop lights when people pull up with boom boxes in their cars.

TCHB
04-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I bet they left trash all over the area!!!!!!!! No respect for others.

DeltaSigBoater
04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
We've all had run-ins with morons and thought about doing this, that, or the other to try and get back at them for their being inconsiderate. I avoid getting in pissing matchs, unless I know I will WIN :D

little rowe boat
04-08-2007, 07:40 PM
This is the best advice.

phebus
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Yep, life is too short to go around angry.

racecar.hotshoe
04-08-2007, 07:46 PM
This is why we dont do Glamis anymore we go to Dumont....

riverbound
04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Next time go with a different group ;)
I have to say I am usually the one with the radio going the better part of the night and then its back on in the morning...but all the people in our camp know that and chose to still camp with me.

3 daytona`s
04-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Let me start by saying that a group of very friendy boaters (and 99.9% are) met for a few days at Glamis for some fun in the sand, and 99.9% of these people are also great, but as you know in every aspect of life, the .01% azzholes show up. In this case, they came in late at nite, parked within feet of our rigs and blocked us in about 270 degrees. But nothing was said until the next night when they decided to start partying about 11:30 and had boom boxes that were raising the sand right off the earth. I walked over and there were 2 men and maybe 10 teenagers or early twentiers. They were polite, apologized and the music(?) went off until about 5:30 AM!!! Its too late now for payback, we pulled out a few hours later. But had I been properly prepared, how do you get even with these kind of people? I'm thinking two things; Train Horn or a cannister of tear gas rolled into thier camp? I'm looking for ideas here. Any suggestions?
This is how many really bad things have started,and have been regretted,for a very long time.The big thing if you have children? do you wish in the future to have been a good role model or?

EAZYKILLER2006
04-08-2007, 08:09 PM
wow, thats what glamis is all about...partin...i guess nothing really bothers me...and i dont believe in any sort of revenge...just believe in karma...

BADBLOWN572
04-08-2007, 08:15 PM
It is sometimes more fun to not let it go though. Just do it tactfully. Wait until they go to bed then start firing up your stereo. If they say something. Just say that you are picking up where they left off. ;) :D

SmokinLowriderSS
04-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I like the tear gas, but prob wouldn't do it myself. Would decide on different party friends.

BADBLOWN572
04-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Just go pull the handle for their black tank. ;)

XtrmWakeborder
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
It is sometimes more fun to not let it go though. Just do it tactfully. Wait until they go to bed then start firing up your stereo. If they say something. Just say that you are picking up where they left off. ;) :D
I like your style...

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
remind me never to piss you off. :D

BADBLOWN572
04-08-2007, 10:20 PM
remind me never to piss you off. :D
Never have, never will. ;) :)

TBONE1904
04-08-2007, 11:50 PM
I would say go to Gordons...

ONAROLL
04-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Shotguns work well. If you don't want to go that far, get a boat horn with a can of compressed air. Start tooting it in time with the music. They get the hint really quick. I do this with my truck horn at stop lights when people pull up with boom boxes in their cars.
Or you just yell, its 3:30 shut off the f****n lights you dickhead, or I will......., Tablerock a few years ago, your so busted.........Vic:eek:

Jbb
04-09-2007, 12:47 AM
revenge! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU)

Wheeler
04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
If you really need to quiet them down, and do not want to get in a pissing contest, get a propane cannon. It keeps the birds away from my ranch, it should, get these unruly people to move along also.
http://www.banthecannons.com/propanecannon.html

DCBob
04-09-2007, 05:59 AM
revenge! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31vm3-BQRJU)
What a perfect solution for the folks who think everyone on the lake wants to listen to their music tastes playin so loud the fish bump outta the water:rolleyes: :D

fatboy95
04-09-2007, 06:37 AM
I like the tear gas, but prob wouldn't do it myself. Would decide on different party friends.
We had a lot of A-- holes up north. One night we got into it over the same stuff. We hung out by the portable crapper one night and grabbed the most obnoxious of the group. We softended him up a bit then wrapped him in shrink wrap and dropped him feet first into the ole crapper. They all left the next morning after finding him very well marinated. :)

catman-do
04-09-2007, 06:41 AM
If its so crowded that they need to back right up to your camp, then I would suggest you go out further and camp somewhere more isolated. Glamis is known for people that party all night. Its like going to the sandbar and expecting to see people in knitted sweatshirts and no music. Not gunna happen, pasties, booz, and loud music. I used to get mad, but now we just air down and pull into the sand to get away from camps. (if you have a coach and cant pull into the sand, well.... you knew what you were getting yourself into before you bought it).

Magic34
04-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Some #$*(#^$#)( did that to me last time. We were a respectful group too. They just go around from camp to camp pulling the handles.

Baja Big Dog
04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Two Words
DRAIN
PLUG:devil:

dirty old man
04-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I think JBB's was a bit severe, but the tear gas sounded good, and blown is right on

TAF
04-09-2007, 07:50 AM
wow, thats what glamis is all about...partin...i guess nothing really bothers me...and i dont believe in any sort of revenge...just believe in karma...
Now if it gets way out of hand then its time to call in "The Man":sqeyes:
I have many anecdotes showing Karma at work.
Be good

BADBLOWN572
04-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Some #$*(#^$#)( did that to me last time. We were a respectful group too. They just go around from camp to camp pulling the handles.
Now thats F'ed up. Pulling the tanks for no reason is bad. However, if someone is being a pain in the ass, I would have no problem doing it what so ever. :eek:

Ziggy
04-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Fresh water drain ;) :D

burtandnancy2
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Thats it then; (1) pull the black water drain plug,(2) toss the tear gas grenade, (3) let go a blast on the train horn and finally (4) dial 911. I like it... or (5) get over it, I can always sleep in on Monday...

riverbound
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Now thats F'ed up. Pulling the tanks for no reason is bad. However, if someone is being a pain in the ass, I would have no problem doing it what so ever. :eek:
Im glad mine are in a locked area ;) If someone were to pull my black tanks and I found them....it would NOT be good:devil:
In all reality if you are that annoyed by other people dont go. My parents are the same way. they cant stand crowds and go to bed at 9pm (latest) that is the reason they dont go to Glamis or Ocotillo. They do Hit up Pismo, but only because we have a house there. Going to Glamis or any place like that you know what you are getting into before hand.
Its like getting pissed at the guy running his flatbottom down parker at sunrise....its part of the atmosphere.

LAND_LOVER69
04-09-2007, 03:12 PM
If you really need to quiet them down, and do not want to get in a pissing contest, get a propane cannon. It keeps the birds away from my ranch, it should, get these unruly people to move along also.
http://www.banthecannons.com/propanecannon.html
I gotta get me one of them!!!!
:D :D :D

dumbandyoung
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
this first post should have been the last post.;)

spectras only
04-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Get some classical music , and crank your stereo up . Most folks can't stand classical music nowdays ;) You asked if revenge is OK !

Wake Havasu
04-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Let it go.
Unless its a bass fisherman fishing right on the boat ramp.
They are fair game!

Wake Havasu
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Let it go.
Unless its a bass fisherman fishing right on the boat ramp.
They are fair game!

billet racing 1
04-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Usually we just pack up and leave.
But, Onetime at about6am, we fired up the alcohol motor, aimed into thier tent. Poor guys bloody eyes were burnin so bad. They cried like babies.
Jerry