PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans vs Clipper fans

GAME TIME
02-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Ok, so we are thinking of putting together a friendly game of b-ball. Laker fans vs Clipper fans (if there are enough Clipper fans). Who would be interested? It's all in fun as I'm just a FAN and have a worse free throw percentage than Shaq.

Jyruiz
02-05-2006, 09:25 PM
A sprained knee (got it playing BB) prevents me from playing for another two months, but if it was before that, I would show up to check it out. Who knows, I might heel faster than the doctor thinks.

GAME TIME
02-05-2006, 09:30 PM
It's just a thought right now. Trying to see how many people we can get together.

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 07:15 AM
This will never happen, there is not enough clippers fans to make a team. :)

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Yeah, and the ones that are fans are old and slow. :D
You said it, not me. :D

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Yeah, and the ones that are fans are old and slow. :D
Maybe I should play with my bad knee then, that way the game can be fair.

a catered life
02-06-2006, 08:38 AM
It's just a thought right now. Trying to see how many people we can get together.
we will be happy to support the purple and gold :p

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Where/when do you guys want to play?

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
I am sure there are plenty of Lakers fans but it seems we are having a hard time finding Clippers fans to play. Game Time and I were just wondering who would want to play IF we could get enough. Too bad as it could have been fun....
Hell, jsut to play and whop on some people here I'll get on the Clipper bandwagon.

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Count me in. I'm 6'3, if I stand up straight. Although, I'm over 40, so I've got a credit card vertical (that's when I jump so high, that you can slip a credit card under my feet :jawdrop: ). Probably, out shoot Shaq at the line. Sounds like fun.

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 09:52 AM
We don't need to play full court. Let's just get a 4 on 4 thing going.

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
We don't need to play full court. Let's just get a 4 on 4 thing going.
Full court is better, it seperates the men from the boys.

slink
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Come on now....You got some fire in you still. I got a bad knee with three operations on it (all from bb) and haven't played in a few years but I am ready to have a good spirited game. Just take your advils early :) We have a 6'4" power forward that will go with us. Yes, he is from the boards.
We can do this SWB......
Either there aren't enough Clipper fans or else they don't know how to play basketball...lol
Tom, Have you forgot I'm a Laker fan........6'5" and elbows like razorblades :) :) . Just need some time to heal up some, we just had our Old guys vs. New guys football game last weekend and Im still alittle sore :cry:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Size don't matter, I have played with 7 footers, and play with big guys all the time, the only difference is, the big guys hated even more when a little guy schools them. Come out and try to block my jump shot, but if you do, you better hope I don't drive by you. :D

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Full court is better, it seperates the men from the boys.
True especially if you have some fatties that can't run up and down the court.

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Laker for Life, you can count me in. Will this be a local thing??? If not, I'll have to charge my traveling fee to the team :rollside:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I got a big kick out of seeing some of the peeps that would come out to play in Lag Bch. One time Cheryl and Reggie Miller came out there and played. Cheryl dominated the guys and I just watched in amazement. Tyrell Biggs came up and asked if he could run with me. He was pretty good.
I understand what you are saying but if you do have a bad knee and pivot/push too hard you might blow it out. Been there done that. Hurts like a mofo
I hear you, that is why I won't play unless I am fully healed. Dude, I use to play at LB State every Tuesday night,years ago, but it was great competition out there.

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 10:39 AM
I have a full court right in Corona at the clubhouse. Picnic area and all next to the river. It could be a nice area to do this and the families could come and have a picnic.
Traveling expenses...shiat :)
That'll work...

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
I have a full court right in Corona at the clubhouse. Picnic area and all next to the river. It could be a nice area to do this and the families could come and have a picnic.
Traveling expenses...shiat :)
Sounds like a plan. Let me know on the date. I need to go study my Magic Johnson training tapes now ;) :squiggle:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I wish I had the knees and lungs I used to have :( The days of 3-4 days a week at 3-4 hours of playing BB are long gone for me. That was how I used to re-energize myself. Now, I am sounding old.............and shit :)
I am not far behind you, that is why I play in a gym now, no more asphalt for me.

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
We will just call you guys Showtime and we will go by Old Skool.
Sounds good.

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 10:54 AM
traveling fee??? LOL
I want an appearance fee than!

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
I am going to have to practice my hoops. :)

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 11:10 AM
I won't be practicing...
:rolleyes: ;) :notam:

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 11:12 AM
We should pick a date (not this w/e, give injured guys a chance to heal), and start a list.

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM
It isn't like that. Just show and you can play. I won't be practicing...
Well, I dont want to be bricking every shot.
:)

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Don't shoot.....lol
Just rebound and play D. Are we going to wear Lakers and Clippers jerseys?

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 11:17 AM
We don't have enough Clippers yet
Hmmm.....will there ever be? :idea: :D

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Don't shoot.....lol
I am a Lakers fan and we do have Kobe, so...
Actually, I have been going to the park with my son for the last few weekends, he can SHOOT, he is insane for being 7, he plays on the full courts and can make shots. Maybe I can put him on the team.

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Just rebound and play D. Are we going to wear Lakers and Clippers jerseys?
good idea... :D

totenhosen
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Hell no...wearing another man's jersey is something that just don't cut it for me....lol
Damn straight! Never have and never will buy a guy's jersey only to have him go to another team than on top of that.

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Damn straight! Never have and never will buy a guy's jersey only to have him go to another team than on top of that.
I got two jerseys, Kobes and Malones when he played for the Lakers, didn't pay for them though, they were free.

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 11:44 AM
I got two jerseys, Kobes and Malones when he played for the Lakers, didn't pay for them though, they were free.
I paid for my Malone jersey, sucks that he left right after. I havent worn it since I went to the playoff game against the Spurs, two years back.
I dont know if I would wear a jersey though, afraid to get it dirty. :D

dmontzsta
02-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Naw, we can call our own. No problem there. This isn't my NBA championship. If someone wants to come out trying to throw elbows and undercut people I think we will just deal with it right there. No need to make this more than it is.
I expect this to be a good spirited game with some respect for each other. Nothing more and nothing less
yeah, none of that street ball crap. I used to play with my cousins and their friends, when I was younger. They were the biggest hacks, pushing you on screens, slapping the crap out of your forearms, pushing, shoving, none of that!
Your arms would be red afterwards, and they say they dont foul. :rolleyes:

Mrs.HLB1
02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
If this pans out... it is going to be good!!
I will watch from the sidelines.. Midlife advantage & Beer Factor where are you?
Mrs.HLB

Mrs.HLB1
02-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I can see Beer Factor playing but MLA....no way :)
He can be the cheerleader... :rollside:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
No blood, no foul. J/k

Tom Brown
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Lakers suck. :yuk:

Tom Brown
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
We may have to fly in TB.....lol
If you find a hockey game breaking out... that would be a wise move. :cool:
Basketball.... not so much. :D
BTW, I used to like the lakers when Kareem was playing. ... then I went to university and lost track of my spare time and old hobbies. That should give you an idea how long it's been.
... so I don't know a thing about basketball, who plays for who, team stats, etc.
... but there is one thing I do know:
Lakers suck. :D

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
We may have to fly in TB.....lol
But is he a Laker hater or Clipper fan?

AirtimeLavey
02-06-2006, 01:25 PM
No hackers....gotta be in control. I recently took 5 stitches over my left eye from a Kobe wannabe that got outta control, and tagged me. Real players, don't hack. If you're beat, you're beat. I hate those lazyass, cheapshit fouls. :yuk:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Yep....usually when they resort to that it is like you said. They can't keep up.
Yup, lets keep it clean, I have had to throw blows before cuz of this.

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Ok, I'll play, but don't expect much. I haven't touched a basketball in like 9 years. When I met the current mrs. ShockwaveBob, she told me "it's me or the basketball, because I'm not marrying a guy that can't walk." Put the ball away and never touched it again. My knees are thanking me.
I have a recommendation for the date, sometime around the 17th or so, my wife and kids will be taking a 5 day train trip with my in laws and I'll pretty much be free to do whatever the hell I want, otherwise I'll have to bring the kids and play on a weekend for sure.
For get Basketball, lets go to Vegas!!!

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 08:41 PM
I could definately be down with something like that. Been awhile since I had any "alone" time, like 7 years. :D
I'm leaning towards Vegas.... we could watch Basketball while sipping on some cocktails :D

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 08:56 PM
Now, there's a sport. :D Don't forget checking into the sluts and ho's. :D
I was thinking it but I let you say it :D

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
hows the laker players looking - (1) keyes ???????? i know hdd will play w/ me (even though asians don't play hoops - well, except yao) - and deano might play, but he's a short shit w/ gray hair - ???? what up laker peeps ??
I've been here since page 1. Name the day and time.

Phat Daddy
02-06-2006, 09:55 PM
nice, "p-daddy" are you related to p-diddy ?? anyways, lets do this, it would be fun :rolleyes: - bunch of river trash getting together, gotta love it - a reason to have a few beers and laugh - :idea: ketes
I think we have the same shoe size but thats about it. :D
Keyes, I'm down, lets show these Lippers Boys how its done. :crossx: :rollside:

Jyruiz
02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
not the 17th, that is a Friday, I don't get off work till 5 and I am in Norwalk, and if I can't play, I at least want to make it and shot the shit.

Midlife Advantage
02-07-2006, 11:18 AM
I can see Beer Factor playing but MLA....no way :)
Thanks Tom, but you're right. I might give it a shot, but I have never got into the game, was never any good at it. Beer Factor will just turn it into a fight anyway...
You can just bounce your passes off of me, I'll just stand in the right spots.. :)

Midlife Advantage
02-07-2006, 11:22 AM
He can be the cheerleader... :rollside:
Nice, thanks for that.

Midlife Advantage
02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Hey Beer Factor....You can play but leave the thug tactics at hoem. It won't go over well :) We intend to play a BB game and have no desire for a hockey game to break out.
Good Luck. just stay away from the fences down there at the clubhouse, he'll think they're the boards! CHECK!

Midlife Advantage
02-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Aren't you a Lakers fan -vs- a Clippers fan?
Neither, never watch the game. I might make some noise about the Lakers once in a while, just to counter your Clippers noise!
But hey, I'll play on the Clippers side, it might benefit the Lakers side though! Just don't want to end up back on the surgeons cutting board...

Midlife Advantage
02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
You are too wishy washy...you are out :) Not worth the injuries Tim
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :cry:

dmontzsta
02-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I am getting scared. :cry:

dmontzsta
02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
LOL...Where TF is Game Time?
Maybe he is scared too...
:cry:

Mrs.HLB1
02-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Nice, thanks for that.
You know I don't want you to hurt yourself.. :)

Beer Factor
02-07-2006, 03:20 PM
If this pans out... it is going to be good!!
I will watch from the sidelines.. Midlife advantage & Beer Factor where are you?
Mrs.HLB
I'm in. Go Lakeshow! Midlife advantage can be on the Clippers team. lol The clubhouse court would be good, ya think Tom

Beer Factor
02-07-2006, 03:40 PM
If you find a hockey game breaking out... that would be a wise move. :cool:
Basketball.... not so much. :D
BTW, I used to like the lakers when Kareem was playing. ... then I went to university and lost track of my spare time and old hobbies. That should give you an idea how long it's been.
... so I don't know a thing about basketball, who plays for who, team stats, etc.
... but there is one thing I do know:
Lakers suck. :D
I'm up for the hockey game also. Next to the basketball court is a hockey rink. We've got it all out here in the 951. We can go Ducks VS Kings, but you better bring some pads for this one.

Beer Factor
02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I would trade Kwame Brown straight up to get Tim even if he is on the IR :)
He bashed the Clips in the past and is not on record as a Clipper fan. If he plays he plays for you guys.
He can be the Lakers water boy. Or we can slick his hair back and he can be our coach-Pat Reily

Beer Factor
02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey Beer Factor....You can play but leave the thug tactics at home. It won't go over well :) We intend to play a BB game and have no desire for a hockey game to break out.
Holly shiat- I'm just up for a fun game- no hacking-B-ball was never my sport but i can hold my own.

HYPNAUTIC
02-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Sounds like fun! But, Im a smoker can it be a half court game. :skull:

Jyruiz
02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Funny, the Lakers got smoke tonight. :) :cry:

Beer Factor
02-08-2006, 07:34 AM
Good. That's what we are looking for...a BB game, with beers afterwards :) I think all of us just want to make sure this thing doesn't go south. Plus it gives some people an opportunity to meet others from the boards.
Alright i'll just play basketball, no crosschecking.

Jyruiz
02-08-2006, 08:25 AM
easy there my laker brother !!! - we ran into the hottest team in the nba tonight, we put up a good fight, but lost the marathon - one good stat, b-cook w/ 28 and outscoring ocho - nice positive - :) keyes
Sorry bro, I don't believe in moral victories. I know what kind of team the Lakers are though, and I did not expect them to win it, so it is ok.