PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm Street Party - For Everybody

C-2
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Looks like this street party is really starting to take shape.
EVERYBODY IS INVITED!
When: Thursday, April 26, 2007
Where: “Main Street” McCulloch Blvd N. between Querio and Mulberry
Time: 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Cost: Free
SPREAD THE WORD, we are looking for good attendance to help strengthen the relationship between us boaters and the local business community.
This inaugural street part is open to anybody who can attend.
Some of the wildest poker run boats will be on display, including:
51 Outerlimits Cat "Goldigger"
51 Outerlimits V - "Mamba II"
44 MTI – "Team CRC"
36 Eliminator "CITGO"
44 Aluminum Liquid Technologies
40 Skater "Predator"
40 Skater "Risky Business"
40 Skater "SAFA1"
38 Cigarette Top Gun "Lit"
35 Cigarette Playboy "Heat Her Up"
E-ticket Boats
Conquest Boats
Trident Marine Boats
DCB F-32 Raisch Powersports
SCHLOTZSKY’S DELI , BJ’s TAVERN and DESERT MARTINI are also looking forward to your attendance.
Know a vendor or company who would like to join in? Have them send me some mail at cbassham1@charter.net.

Jbb
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I have seen the first boat on the list in person....I think you are gonna like it!

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I have seen the first boat on the list in person....I think you are gonna like it!
Will it actually make it off the trailer this year? :jawdrop:

Jbb
04-10-2007, 12:06 PM
:D No guarantees......but im thinking yes....

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 12:16 PM
:D No guarantees......but im thinking yes....
Great!
Now, once it's off the trailer....will it actually get on plane?
:jawdrop:

Jbb
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Great!
Damm Jeff.....One step at a time!

Jordy
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Great!
HH, stop hatin' as you're confusing The JBB... :D :D :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Damm Jeff.....One step at a time!
Once on plane...will it be watertight?

Jordy
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Once off the trailer, on plane, and watertight, will it turn??? :D :D :D

Jbb
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Once on plane...will it be watertight?
Ok ...these questions are going completely out of line....
No more questions....:mad:
:D

SummitKarl
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Looks like this street party is really starting to take shape.
find me a 110v plug to hook up to and you got yourself some music and a PA system;)

djunkie
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately I won't be in till late that night so make sure to take pics. :D :D

ToMorrow44
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Who's 32 DCB is going to be there?
Thanks
-Tom

C-2
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
find me a 110v plug to hook up to and you got yourself some music and a PA system;)
Hmmmmmmm...lemme check on that.

Phat Cat
04-10-2007, 06:27 PM
It doesn't matter, I can bring my GTX to beat that lil Cig into submission

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 06:41 PM
It doesn't matter, I can bring my GTX to beat that lil Cig into submission
You should bring it out. That way, I won't feel so bad passing you three or four times (like last year). :jawdrop:

Phat Cat
04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
You should bring it out. That way, I won't feel so bad passing you three or four times (like last year). :jawdrop:
It was 15 for 15 last year in real poker runs. It will run faster on one motor than a cig

Jbb
04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
It was 15 for 15 last year in real poker runs. It will run faster on one motor than a cig

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Poker Runs in your bathtub don't count.
Speaking of bathtubs...is Golddigger at least watertight?

Jbb
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Poker Runs in your bathtub don't count.
Speaking of bathtubs...is Golddigger at least watertight?

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 07:28 PM
Don't be a hater, JBB.
I'm a "half full" kind of guy- if Fat Cat has only one motor running this year, at least he'll be doing twice as good as last year!

Jbb
04-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't be a hater, JBB.
I'm a "half full" kind of guy- if Fat Cat has only one motor running this year, at least he'll be doing twice as good as last year!
I actually think that lil Outerlimits cat is going to come to town.....and do very well!

Havasu Hangin'
04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I actually think that lil Outerlimits cat is going to come to town.....and do very well!
That would be a nice change! :jawdrop:
If not, Fat Cat can ride with me (if he wants to lower himself to a "lil slow Cig"... :notam:).

Jbb
04-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Golddigger is probably gonna clean up in that little pond you call a lake......He will,however .....be second cat to the bridge in Jacksonville in June....behind the Team Jbb Eliminator...:D
ps...Bill....you are still gonna let me borrow Golddigger for the annual Lake Allatoona Invitational......right...?..:)

Phat Cat
04-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Golddigger is probably gonna clean up in that little pond you call a lake......He will,however .....be second cat to the bridge in Jacksonville in June....behind the Team Jbb Eliminator...:D
ps...Bill....you are still gonna let me borrow Golddigger for the annual Lake Allatoona Invitational......right...?..:)
:D That maybe more like a run for the Skater

Jbb
04-11-2007, 03:50 AM
:D That maybe more like a run for the Skater
Well......If all I can get is your Skater...It will have to do......please make sure the gas tanks are full,as I am on a limited budget.......:)

Inked
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
nice, a party !! Im brining the thong:jawdrop:

MACH26
04-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Gonna be a great time....can't wait

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Gonna be a great time....can't wait
agreed

BDMar
04-11-2007, 10:24 AM
SPREAD THE WORD, we are looking for good attendance to help strengthen the relationship between us boaters and the local business community.
Some of the wildest poker run boats will be on display, including:
51 Outerlimits Cat "Goldigger"
51 Outerlimits V - "Mamba II"
44 MTI – "Team CRC"
36 Eliminator "CITGO"
44 Aluminum Liquid Technologies
40 Skater "Predator"
40 Skater "Risky Business"
40 Skater "SAFA1"
38 Cigarette Top Gun "Lit"
35 Cigarette Playboy "Heat Her Up"
38 Cigarette TS Top Gun "Out of Control"
E-ticket Boats
Conquest Boats
Trident Marine Boats
DCB F-32 Raisch Powersports
SCHLOTZSKY’S DELI , BJ’s TAVERN and DESERT MARTINI are also looking forward to your attendance.
Know a vendor or company who would like to join in? Have them send me some mail at cbassham1@charter.net.

Liquid Courage
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
It should also be noted that the City of Lake Havasu is happy to help with this event (issuing permits) and look forward to hopefully make it a yearly event (like their rod & run event every year). I reviewed a letter from the powers at be in regards to this event and this is a direct quote.
"My goal is to give your people the feeling that Lake Havasu welcomes you
and appreciates the economic contributions you make to your community
while stressing all the other positives of this event. "
I have heard this direct concern brought up in many threads on ***boat about boaters/tourists not feeling appreciated for their contributions to the city. If this doesn't give you an idea of welcoming the poker runners with open arms, I don't know what will.....
We'll see you all out there....
Best,
Tank

ADDICTED
04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
It should also be noted that the City of Lake Havasu is happy to help with this event (issuing permits) and look forward to hopefully make it a yearly event (like their rod & run event every year). I reviewed a letter from the powers at be in regards to this event and this is a direct quote.
"My goal is to give your people the feeling that Lake Havasu welcomes you
and appreciates the economic contributions you make to your community
while stressing all the other positives of this event. "
I have heard this direct concern brought up in many threads on ***boat about boaters/tourists not feeling appreciated for their contributions to the city. If this doesn't give you an idea of welcoming the poker runners with open arms, I don't know what will.....
We'll see you all out there....
Best,
Tank
Why don’t we go ahead and add the Gibson Performance 39 MTI and Freightliner to the list.
Shawn
GIBSON Performance Exhaust

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Most of the threads revolve around the Marina. If the city puts the hammer down on the Marina, I bet it would go alot farther toward healing wounds than issuing a permit.

Jbb
04-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Most of the threads revolve around the Marina. If the city puts the hammer down on the Marina, I bet it would go alot farther toward healing wounds than issuing a permit.
No problem HH ....I'll just get Bill to buy the damm marina........and rename it JBB's.....There will be some new rules,of course.....and I will be deciding who gets in....and who dont...;)

Keith E. Sayre
04-11-2007, 11:57 AM
For what it's worth, I spoke with James Chapman yesterday and he's excited to get out here. apparently
his buddy is the developer that owns the new Golddigger
boat and had the others in the past. He's the guy that
steers the boat while the owner plays the throttles.
I'm excited to think that these East Coast guys have a burning desire
to come to our lake and play with us. We're very fortunate.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Havasu Hangin'
04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Now thats funny....:D
Now that is one "Fat Cat"!

40FlatDeck
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
The new OL cat is crazy and I'm sure it runs great but................... Golddigger is gonna have to deal with Predator before it moves on to "real" poker runs.:eek: :D

Keith E. Sayre
04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Every year we all sit back and speculate who is going to beat who and it always seems to be a great poker run
but often I never figure out who really could run the
hardest. Heck I remember one year, we had the Racecrafters boat "the sorceror" here along with the
"Lick This" Skater and many others and when the flag
got dropped, The Lick This boat was over getting gas!
Maybe when it gets to that caliber of a game, some don't want to play anymore because obviously only one guy
goes the fastest. Until the last year or so, it always
ended up with Predator way out front and everyone else
fighting for scraps. That Golddigger boat will probably
be the coolest looking and who knows maybe the fastest,
but getting by Predator and CRC won't be easy.
I need a helicopter!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

UnionJack
04-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Team CRC was leading the way last year

40FlatDeck
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Team CRC was leading the way last year
They ran awesome last year. We all know this is not a race but it's fun to see what the big dogs can do. I know Predator went on a strict diet this winter and added some more hp so I am looking forward to seeing Gary run. I would love to be in the first group and take off together but I think the first guys leaving will have no back seat passengers so that leaves me out of it. Anyway, I can't wait.:D

Jbb
04-11-2007, 02:06 PM
The new OL cat is crazy and I'm sure it runs great but................... Golddigger is gonna have to deal with Predator before it moves on to "real" poker runs.:eek: :D

Throttle
04-11-2007, 10:46 PM
this is going to be a great start for an action packed weekend of events!

UnionJack
04-12-2007, 10:24 AM
how many people do you think will be there

C-2
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
how many people do you think will be there
We expect a sellout at 200 boats - we know of several heavy hitters who have not registered yet...then of course we are waiting for JBB and his Eliminator...
-------------
This thing is really taking off - Fox Sports Channel 4 is now covering the event, as well as Powerboat TV - so now we have TV coverage!

Jbb
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
We expect a sellout at 200 boats - we know of several heavy hitters who have not registered yet...then of course we are waiting for JBB and his Eliminator...
-------------
This thing is really taking off - Fox Sports Channel 4 is now covering the event, as well as Powerboat TV - so now we have TV coverage!
Ya know ...the Team Jbb Eliminator was gonna be there.....but Golddigger didnt want me stealing his thunder.....again..:D
besides.....Im having my back hair waxed that weekend...... :jawdrop:
Be careful everyone!

SHARKEYMARINE
04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
I wish all a SAFE and GOOD event!
A successful Poker Run is when everyone can walk away at the end of the day and join each other for some food and drinks!
Best of luck to all!