PDA

View Full Version : Mead on Sat.. 4-14

DaddyMack
04-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Anyone going? Will prob be at Sandy with Son and Nephew...:D
Don't mind taking a rider ;)

scarabrick2
04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
SAT afternoon spending the nite. Sunday @ swallow or over by hole 33 i think its called
270 hallett closed bow 3 adults 3 kids

Outnumbered
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Anyone going? Will prob be at Sandy with Son and Nephew...:D
Don't mind taking a rider ;)
Can you do me a huge favor and fly by the South Cove ramp (on the to Sandy Point) and tell me if they are working on it? LAME says they are going to be working on the ramp soon and I was wondering if they have made any progress. Thanks!!!

Outnumbered
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
South Cove
There is a considerable walk from the parking area to the launch ramp due to lowering water levels. Please do not park on the ramp. Currently, there is 42 feet of paved ramp in the water. Please note there is a one-foot drop at the end of that ramp. There is also a large boulder about 3.5 feet below the water between the channel markers. Use extreme caution and launch at your own risk. The NPS will begin work at South Cove to repair the existing ramp, create a temporary launch area in an alternate location, and relocate the river runners take out area. While this work is being done there could be times when the ramp is not available. The NPS knows this is an inconvenience to boaters who use that ramp and will strive to minimize the disruptions as much as possible.
Found this on their website

DaddyMack
04-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Not going to Big Sandy (Sandy Pointe) going to "little" Sandy out of Calville... sorry..

Outnumbered
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Not going to Big Sandy (Sandy Pointe) going to "little" Sandy out of Calville... sorry..
OK, no problem. I figured you were going to be close-by. Have a good trip and give us a full report when you get back:D