PDA

View Full Version : Ford is screwing us in Ca...

Topock Junkie
04-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Went to have the 06E17 recall taken care of today on my 2003 F350 6.0 diesel. Because, If you do not have it taken care of you can not register your truck in CA without proof.
The service writer comes out. Slides under my truck. Then pops the hood. I'm thinking what the H*LL. He comes back out and says we can't fix this recall. You have an aftermarket Intake and Exhaust. Your truck will not run right if we flash it.
My problem is this. Since when is it illegal to put an intake and exhaust on your truck if you still have the cat and all sensors in place.
Has anybody else run into this problem yet. If not be prepared...

HTRDLNCN
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Go to a different dealer,they are full of crap..
Post on the F series board
( http://www.ford-trucks.com )
and ask for mod freindly dealers in Cali..

dumbandyoung
04-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Take it to another dealer. Service writers work off commission. They make no money off warranty or recall jobs. He probably didnt wanna take the time to write it up. The intake/exhaust shouldn't be an issue. I had to get a weather stripping replaced on my f250 a few weeks ago and I couldnt get anyone to help me till I told the guy that my mom was his boss there.:D.
by the way...I have an 06 Powerstroke f250, so im curious to what the 06E17 recal is??? Is it just that year?

DeltaSigBoater
04-10-2007, 02:53 PM
If this is the case then it looks like a lot of people are going to be screwed.

Coded-Dude
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
gotta love capitalism

justfloatn
04-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Try another dealer. I spent 9yrs at FORD and the aftermarket up-grade resistance was purely a management position. I've seen guys with blowers ans NOS on their mustangs get new motors under warranty. That dealer may have a stick up his a$$ for modified rigs, especially if you purchased elsewhere. You have allot more pull at your selling dealer.

shadow
04-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Take it to another dealer. Service writers work off commission. They make no money off warranty or recall jobs. He probably didnt wanna take the time to write it up.
by the way...I have an 06 Powerstroke f250, so im curious to what the 06E17 recal is??? Is it just that year?
Your screen name is perfect!
YES service advisors DO make money on warranty and recalls!
They make money by writing up vehicles for service.Flagged hrs are flagged hrs doesn't matter if the customer is paying the bill or Ford is paying the bill.

UHHH SUCKA
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I has the same issue on an '03 F-350 with the 6.0. Was loosing power from somewhere and they didnt even want to fix it if I paid them to do it. I told them to shove it. Service advisor said they were being strick on warranty work. I really think its because all the damn problems they have had with those 6.0 models and there probably spending alot to fix them. Traded it in the very next day for an 2500 H.D. No offense to anybody, but I will never buy another Ford truck again. They cant stand behind their sh*t.

dumbandyoung
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM
They make money by writing up vehicles for service.Flagged hrs are flagged hrs doesn't matter if the customer is paying the bill or Ford is paying the bill.
in some cases that is true that about my sreenname:D
But it is a fact that writers make less money on warranty and recall jobs. I should have changed "no money" to "less money". ;)

shadow
04-10-2007, 03:45 PM
It does in some cases that is true that my sreenname is right. :D
But it is a fact that writers make less money on warranty and recall jobs. I should have changed "no money" to "less money". ;)
Do yourself a favor and quit talking while you are ahead.I've been in the bussiness 20 yrs.
It's plain and simple the reprograms are designed to work with factory specifacations,now when a customer adds Inatakes,exhaust,chips,etc,etc,
weather it be Banks ,Edge,Bully,doesn't matter.Ford din't spend millions of dollars on updated programs to work with aftermarket products.
Now saty the dealer performs this updates and now the customer returns with a check engine light Due to the custmer installed aftermarket components not working with Ford programs.
Heres the problem.........
Now who pays the bill? Customer says he's not paying cause he is still under warranty and Ford is not gonna pay cause they warranty STOCK FORD products, Not Modifed by the custmer or an aftermarket installer.
I alway see people say they are going to wait on thier Mercury Boat engines to modify weather it be exhaust,whipple,pro chrger or whatever cause they don't want to void thier warranty.Whats the difference between the boat and truck?

Kachina26
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Take it to another dealer. Service writers work off commission. They make no money off warranty or recall jobs. He probably didnt wanna take the time to write it up. The intake/exhaust shouldn't be an issue. I had to get a weather stripping replaced on my f250 a few weeks ago and I couldnt get anyone to help me till I told the guy that my mom was his boss there.:D.
Nevermind, Daryl beat me to it.

Havasu1986
04-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey Darrell...back in rare form again.:) 2 more weeks before I get my house back from the snowbird.:)

dumbandyoung
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Do yourself a favor and quit talking while you are ahead.I've been in the bussiness 20 yrs.
It's plain and simple the reprograms are designed to work with factory specifacations,now when a customer adds Inatakes,exhaust,chips,etc,etc,
weather it be Banks ,Edge,Bully,doesn't matter.Ford din't spend millions of dollars on updated programs to work with aftermarket products.
Now saty the dealer performs this updates and now the customer returns with a check engine light Due to the custmer installed aftermarket components not working with Ford programs.
Now who pays the bill? Customer says he's not paying cause he is still under warranty and Ford is not gonna pay cause they warranty STOCK FORD products, Not Modifed by the custmer or an aftermarket installer.
I alway see people say they are going to wait on thier Mercury Boat engines to modify weather it be exhaust,whipple,pro chrger or whatever cause they don't want to void thier warranty.Whats the difference between the boat and truck?
Hey bro Im not trying to prove anything. Im basing this off what I have been told from other service writers and service Managers.
If im wrong, im wrong. If your right your right. i could give a shit. dont wanna argue

SummitKarl
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
.Whats the difference between the boat and truck?
usually about 2 liters:) :) :D

riverroyal
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
truck will be staying stock

rivrrts429
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM
I has the same issue on an '03 F-350 with the 6.0. Was loosing power from somewhere and they didnt even want to fix it if I paid them to do it. I told them to shove it. Service advisor said they were being strick on warranty work. I really think its because all the damn problems they have had with those 6.0 models and there probably spending alot to fix them. Traded it in the very next day for an 2500 H.D. No offense to anybody, but I will never buy another Ford truck again. They cant stand behind their sh*t.
Same issues with my 04 350 with the 6.0. Probably worst truck I've ever owned. Replaced computer 2 times/ reset once, new tranny, new rear end and just installed new turbo plus the new warranty update and the truck only has 40k miles. This last time I left the dealer for the update I got a mile down the road and the check engine light went on. Chevy looks real good right about now.

BoatFloating
04-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Your problems can be summed up in 4 easy letters....
F O R D
Nuff said....:D

rivrrts429
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Your problems can be summed up in 4 easy letters....
F O R D
Nuff said....:D
:D :D :D
I couldnt pass the deal at the time, guess they saw me coming
get what you pay for!

3 daytona`s
04-10-2007, 06:26 PM
LOL, appears there is cheap advice on here. Thanks for the set straight

YeLLowBoaT
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
ding, ding, ding...

That Guy
04-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey bro Im not trying to prove anything. Im basing this off what I have been told from other service writers and service Managers.
If im wrong, im wrong. If your right your right. i could give a shit. dont wanna argue
and you really don't want to argue with my buddy Darrell...:D :D
D, missed you guys the past few times out, I will call you to get together.:)

RiverRatMike
04-10-2007, 07:16 PM
It's not Ford it's because it's a diesel

catman-do
04-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Whats the recall for? Does it pertain to all mfgr's? Ive got a Dodge.

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Ok here is the issue with to 6.0, when you install a less restrictive exhaust system, the exhaust back pressure sensor is now outside of the computer paramaters and you will have issues, (excesive turbo lag ect.) when they reflash the prom, the paramiters are for (X) amount of backpressure, you are outside of this # and they dont want to wast time and $ . now dont get me wrong, my Cummins is modified!

justfloatn
04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Ok here is the issue with to 6.0, when you install a less restrictive exhaust system, the exhaust back pressure sensor is now outside of the computer paramaters and you will have issues, (excesive turbo lag ect.) when they reflash the prom, the paramiters are for (X) amount of backpressure, you are outside of this # and they dont want to wast time and $ . now dont get me wrong, my Cummins is modified!
Spoken like a real Technician.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Ditto! We have a 2006 F350 that will be staying stock. ;)

Liberator TJ1984
04-11-2007, 07:08 AM
exhaust back pressure sensor ???
Hey Brown ! didn't you have a BranMuffin pluggin' yours up once :D

grads2112
04-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Affected vehicles: Certain 2003-2004 Ford F-250/350/450/550 and Excursion vehicles
Situation: On certain affected vehicles, corrosion may exist at the electrode surface on the Exhaust Pressure sensor; fuel delivery timing during cold weather may not be optimal; and/or Exhaust Gas Recirculation system operation at idle may not be optimal. These conditions may cause “Check Engine” light illumination, lack of power, hard starting, and/or rough engine operation. In addition, the on-board diagnostic system on F-250/350 and Excursion vehicles may not properly monitor the performance of the emission control systems.

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Ok so here we go.......the EBP sensor is a negative coefiecent sensor, 0 to 5 VDC or refrence voltage, high pressure-low volts, low pressure-refrence voltage, if the sensor sees a compramized low voltage due to high resistance due to corrosion the computer will see it as false high back pressure in the exhaust, and think you are running down the road (while at idle) and will engage EGR to reduce Nitrates of oxide (by introducing an inert gas Co2 exhaust byproduct) in the compression chamber ( dam tree huggers ) by therefore causing an incomplete combustion cycle at idle and causing more smog than we would otherwise have if we just left all this dam smog equipment off in THE FIRST PLACE!

Baja Big Dog
04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Damn, Im getting old and I dont like it.
Ten years ago I would buy the biggest, baddest truck and "JUICE" it to the moon. And damn I was cool!
But I didnt cry like a little girl on her first period when I blew up or damaged something that was the result of my "cool" factor.
Here you have a truck that will pull a 30 foot boat up Cajon pass in O/D. and you want to pump it up?
Granted some simple mods to improve mileage is logical, but throwing up a smoke screen passing cars while towing said 30 foot boat up Cajon wearing your Raiders cap sideways is a little overboard.
And then complain that the manufacturer is a piece of crap cause they wont put a new motor in the truck with a hole in the side of the block.:sqeyes:

BoatFloating
04-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Ok so here we go.......the EBP sensor is a negative coefiecent sensor, 0 to 5 VDC or refrence voltage, high pressure-low volts, low pressure-refrence voltage, if the sensor sees a compramized low voltage due to high resistance due to corrosion the computer will see it as false high back pressure in the exhaust, and think you are running down the road (while at idle) and will engage EGR to reduce Nitrates of oxide (by introducing an inert gas Co2 exhaust byproduct) in the compression chamber ( dam tree huggers ) by therefore causing an incomplete combustion cycle at idle and causing more smog than we would otherwise have if we just left all this dam smog equipment off in THE FIRST PLACE!
You lost me after...."Ok so here you go" :idea:

76ANTHONY
04-11-2007, 09:18 AM
i've been a service advisor for ten years, and yes sometimes its up to the service advisor or manager to repair vehicles with aftermarket parts, buttttt. what the issue is just what shadow said, if the puter gets a reflash and the check engine light comes on or there is a loss of power, the first things customers do is blame the dealer, hey, the dealer deals in dealer parts and if its gonna cause an issue with your vehicle put the stock stuff back on and get back down to the dealer and get it recalled for whatever. its a simple fix and no one is tryin to screw anyone its just simple facts. and i have to admit, making money on warranty or customer pay makes me happy, i dont care which one it is, the techs do.....:D

UHHH SUCKA
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Same issues with my 04 350 with the 6.0. Probably worst truck I've ever owned. Replaced computer 2 times/ reset once, new tranny, new rear end and just installed new turbo plus the new warranty update and the truck only has 40k miles. This last time I left the dealer for the update I got a mile down the road and the check engine light went on. Chevy looks real good right about now.
Do your self a favor and make the change before you end up having to do something again. To me its not worth driving out to the river or somewhere on a long trip with you family in the car and breaking down in the middle of no where when you know there is nothing but problems with these trucks on the road. Its just not worth it to me. Took a little loss, but I do have a good peice of mind now and no worries.

MKEELINE
04-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Is this problem just with the 6.0 motor?

UHHH SUCKA
04-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Is this problem just with the 6.0 motor?
'03 & '04 models is what I heard had the problems. I had the '03 and nothing but problems. It had 85,000 miles.

MKEELINE
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
'03 & '04 models is what I heard had the problems. I had the '03 and nothing but problems. It had 85,000 miles.
My 03' F250 has a 7.3, it sound like this is a recall on the early 6.0's.

rivrrts429
04-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Do your self a favor and make the change before you end up having to do something again. To me its not worth driving out to the river or somewhere on a long trip with you family in the car and breaking down in the middle of no where when you know there is nothing but problems with these trucks on the road. Its just not worth it to me. Took a little loss, but I do have a good peice of mind now and no worries.
Know anybody that wants to buy a great running F-350 with 6.0 powerstroke:D :D :D