PDA

View Full Version : Must have River tunes.......

riverbound
04-11-2007, 05:00 AM
getting the ipod ready and wanted to see what some of everyone's favorite River tunes are...

NOTALENT
04-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Anything by 2 Live Crew.

AZJD
04-11-2007, 05:57 AM
Luda!
BTW nice siggy!:D :D :D

catman-do
04-11-2007, 05:58 AM
Mine is the old school Easy-E for hip hop, and NOFX for punk, and a little bob marley thrown in the mix every once in a while.

parker guy
04-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Anthing buy Creed / Metallica

racecar.hotshoe
04-11-2007, 06:03 AM
Anything played with a Train horn.:coffeycup :D

mrs.rvrluvr
04-11-2007, 06:13 AM
We like to have a good mix of different types of music. For example, we've got some Sublime, Luda, Eminem, Van Halen, Saliva, 311 for when we are in the Channel. At the sand bar, its all about rap....hubby says it makes the girlies want to dance.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-11-2007, 06:21 AM
You know what is missing from your Ipod and what needs to go back on it. ;) :D I feel a birthday duet!!! :D

Mr. Crusader 83
04-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Deftones, 10 years, story of the year, chevelle, kotton mouth kings, big b, luda, TI,

Mr. Crusader 83
04-11-2007, 06:23 AM
and defently download a song by Smokey called " Alice? Who the f**k is Alice" its my river classic.

ANXIETY ATTACK
04-11-2007, 06:32 AM
did new version download last night 1.1.2

RiverToysJas
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Being a new Ipod owner I am just getting my playlists set up. I'm from the old school though......lotta 80's stuff, cuz that's what I like....
Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Poison, Skid Row, Ratt, Metallica, Warrent, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Guns N Roses, Twisted Sister......you get the idea......Then a little of the more tame 80's stuff...Stray Cats, Robert Palmer, Tears for Fears, .38 Special, etc......
I'm sure I'll be rockin' the Kid Rock, & Eminem down at the sandbar though! ;)
RTJas :D

wolfie
04-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Got to have Lynyrd Skynyrd & ZZTop.

76ANTHONY
04-11-2007, 07:45 AM
what no britney spears? sheesh i thought she was in again:D
im with rivertoyjas on this one, bring on the 80's and keep it low, rap in the cahnnel and bam, girlies are a dancin:D :D

rsoscia
04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Led Zepplin and The Rolling Stones are always good at the river

Jesster
04-11-2007, 08:29 AM
The latest Nickleback CD.

RiverToysJas
04-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Anything by 2 Live Crew.
Are you the Pete Piper of the 1980's???? :D ;) :D

syke-o
04-11-2007, 08:42 AM
:D anything that gets the girlies asses shaking..

aoffshore1
04-11-2007, 08:51 AM
too short

DeltaSigBoater
04-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Being a new Ipod owner I am just getting my playlists set up. I'm from the old school though......lotta 80's stuff, cuz that's what I like....
Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Poison, Skid Row, Ratt, Metallica, Warrent, Quiet Riot, Judas Priest, Scorpions, Ozzy, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Guns N Roses, Twisted Sister......you get the idea......Then a little of the more tame 80's stuff...Stray Cats, Robert Palmer, Tears for Fears, .38 Special, etc......
I'm sure I'll be rockin' the Kid Rock, & Eminem down at the sandbar though! ;)
RTJas :D
So your the one that found my iPod :D
afew of my other favorites are: Pepper, Kotton Mouth Kings, The Outfield, Journey, some off color comedy songs, and some Country thrown in for good measure.

RiverToysJas
04-11-2007, 08:57 AM
So your the one that found my iPod :D
afew of my other favorites are: Pepper, Kotton Mouth Kings, The Outfield, Journey, some off color comedy songs, and some Country thrown in for good measure.
yes, and YES!!! :D

a catered life
04-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Anything by 2 Live Crew.
your gonna lose a few points on that one:D

syke-o
04-11-2007, 09:08 AM
King Spade is a good one...

Powerquestboy
04-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Nickleback sucks
Thats a FACT!
Anything 311, Sublime, Bob marley, 80's music, some hip hop for the sand bar. Frank Sinatra, Stones, Doors....I like it all.

a catered life
04-11-2007, 09:16 AM
for rap jay, 2 pac, snoop and ludia are in high rotation
for rock/rap/digital linkin park, fort minor
for soft rock creed is cool
and to finish off any collection you gotta have something from the islands bob marley (the ultimate collection) or damien marley (welcome to jam rock) will do just fine

76ANTHONY
04-11-2007, 09:22 AM
so i take it vanilla ice aint cool no mo??:D :D :D

DILLIGAF
04-11-2007, 09:33 AM
I have lots of music and don't have a problem playing whatever based on who is around at the time. I have multiple types of playlists on the IPOD:
Blues: Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughn, BB, John Mayer, etc....
Harley Music: ZZ, Geo Thorogood, Eagles, etc.....
Alternative: Linkin Park, Creed, RAM, etc....
R&B: Stevie Wonder, Ohio Players, TSOP, Isley Brothers, Motown artists, Bill Withers, etc......
Old Skool: Kool & the Gang, EWF, Graham Central Station, Dazz Band, etc......
Metal: Zombie, Metallica, Ozzy, etc.....
Funk: Slave, Cameo, Midnight Star, BarKays, Parliament, Gap Band, Bootsy, etc......
Hip Hop: DJ Quik, SugaFree, 50c, Snoop, WSC, Too Short, Akon, etc....
Jazz: Ramsey Lewis, Unwrapped, Geo Benson, etc...
Rock: Stones, .......I am done, my head hurts...lol
Reggae: Ziggy, Bob, many others.....
No country!

76ANTHONY
04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
old sammy hagar, billy squier, van hallen....usually get the beer drinkin mood set pretty good:D :D :D
if ya drink too much you might wanna throw in a little SAFETY DANCE by men without hats:D :D

RiverToysJas
04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
old sammy hagar, billy squier, van hallen....usually get the beer drinkin mood set pretty good:D :D :D
if ya drink too much you might wanna throw in a little SAFETY DANCE by men without hats:D :D
I got all that on the ipod, including Safety Dance!!! :D

mrs.rvrluvr
04-11-2007, 10:00 AM
I have lots of music and don't have a problem playing whatever based on who is around at the time. I have multiple types of playlists on the IPOD:
R&B: Stevie Wonder, Ohio Players, TSOP, Isley Brothers, Motown artists, Bill Withers, etc......
Funk: Slave, Cameo, Midnight Star, BarKays, Parliament, Gap Band, Bootsy, etc......
No country!
Ya..please no country! I think you've got it all covered. You gonna be out there this weekend???

DILLIGAF
04-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Ya..please no country! I think you've got it all covered. You gonna be out there this weekend???
I might but probably hanging around in OC/IE

76ANTHONY
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I got all that on the ipod, including Safety Dance!!! :D
yeah i went to my puter playlist and threw the safety dance out there, somethin about that little diddy that i just think is funny:D :D

wright27
04-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Nickleback sucks
LMAO. I said that once to and people got all pissy.

Coded-Dude
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Go buy HELLYEAH is a worthy addition to any collection.
If you enjoy solid hard rock.......disclaimer - nickelback does indeed suck
HELLYEAH lineup is as follows:
Chad Gray (MUDVAYNE) - Vocals
Greg Tribbett (MUDVAYNE) - Guitar
Tom Maxwell (NOTHINGFACE) - Guitar
Jerry Montano (DANZIG, NOTHINGFACE) - Bass
Vinnie Paul Abbott (PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN) - Drums
My favorite song off the album so far is "Alcohaulin' Ass"
(which is probably the "softest" song on the album)
www.myspace.com/hellyeah
oh, and wtf is wrong with a little country huh?
(I love classic country, that new shit can stay on store shelves)

halfhers
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
anything with a nice bass. i perfer "everlasting bass" :D :skull: choosing the right music brings out the party from everyone?

dumbandyoung
04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
-deftones
-dwight yoakum
-alan jackson
-too short
-alice in chains
-stevie ray vauhgn
-incubus
-pepper
-atmopshere
-geoge jones

Pussywhippled
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Zapp & Roger - More Bounce To The Ounce...

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Alright.
Good suggestions by all. Now let's combine and add time of day/mood
1. Kottonmouth Kings-first thing in the morning at the 7 AM beer. Wakes up the sleepers in a better mood than a speed pass
Sublime-seque to remainder of day...also acceptable to play after beer number 15
2. Remainder of day in transit and at arrival at Sandbar:
Van Halen, Alice In Chains (Dirt album of course...timeless), Any Hair Metal including all the ones listed prior...Ozzy, G & R, Metallica(yes, they're considered hair metal after they sold out), Slaughter, Poison (chicks dig it...may be replaced with Bon Jovi as necessary) Motley Crue, Skid Row, KISS (The hottest band in the world), and do not...do not forget the infamous Back in Black AC/DC!!
3. Upon a needed change of tunes at Sandbar/other place of debauchery...by all means TOO SHORT (he was giving out free CD's at the sandbar a few memorial days back too!!)
Luda, 2 Live Crew (I just downloaded about 10 songs that I used to have on cassette), Eazy E, NWA, Dr. Dre-The Chronic, Snoop-Doggy Style, a little old skool LL Cool J, Run DMC, and do not...again...do not forget any and all Beastie Boys in your collection.
4. At return from Sandbar/other place of debauchery, the following are acceptable and encouraged...Jimmy Buffet,Bob Marley, Lenny Kravitz, Marvin Gaye, Pretty much any good oldies, including Smokey Robinson, Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Al Green...etc. Doo Wop throws in a nice little mix if you've had a couple of Cap'ns during the day, and in fact, invites a good little "bah bah bah bah ba dang de dang dang ding a dong ding...bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue mooooooooooooon"
Sure you'll look like an idiot, but you know you love that chit!
***Note, if you are bombarded with ladies on the boat, please consider substituting Kenny Chesney in there somewhere in place of the above list. Also, should those ladies have had a few Cap'ns, then please refer back to note 3...2 Live Crew in particular!!***
If, by bad luck, you do not have any ladies on the boat, Led Zeppelin, Boston, Van Halen, Sabbath, Pantera, and again, 2 Live Crew should suffice!
One more thing, if you're fortunate enough to have listened to Johnny Cash, hit the old Limewire and download a grip of Cash.
Lastly, if you've ever heard Freddie Fender and the Texas Tornadoes (Wasted Days and Wasted Nights, etc.) then you know those are songs that your friends will not be able to get out of their heads the whole damn trip home!!

thmper321
04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
70's and 80's Rock bands. Van Halen, Poison, Boston, AC/DC.

XtrmWakeborder
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
On the way out the it's Tom Petty, and first trip on the water Summertime-Will Smith

mbrown2
04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Start out with a little Authority Zero, Bad Religion
Get the ladies moving with:
U and Dat, E-40
I'm Back, Baby Bash
Chain Hang Low, Young Jibbs
Gimme That, Chris Brown
Fergilicious, Fergie
SexyBack, Justin Timberlake
Smack That, Eminem
Vato, Snoop Dogg
push it, Rick Ross
My Love, Justin Timberlake
Turn It Up, Chamillionaire
Outta Control, 50 Cent
Crazy, Snoop Dogg
I Wanna @#$% You, Akon
Show Me What You Got, Jay-Z
Buttons, Pussy Cat Dolls
Riding Dirty, (West Coast Remix) Chamillionaire
Walk It Out (dirty) DJ Unk
Gravel Pit - WuTang
Finish out with a little Social D, Tiger Army, Pennywise :)
Sunset with a little J Cash, Merle Haggard, and George Jones...

EAZYKILLER2006
04-11-2007, 10:17 PM
We like to have a good mix of different types of music. For example, we've got some Sublime, Luda, Eminem, Van Halen, Saliva, 311 for when we are in the Channel. At the sand bar, its all about rap....hubby says it makes the girlies want to dance.
and now ya have a few more tunes...thanks for stopping by :D it was fun hanging out again...sorry hockey was on.... and i was a lil pre occupied...
ME LUVZ HOCKEY:D

Ryphraph
04-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Where are my BloodHound Gang fans?
Can't do the river without Hooray for Boobies!
Ryph

Throttle
04-11-2007, 10:22 PM
the girls always seem to like a little Disco, Hip Hop and some Funk... I like the Van Halen, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Rolling Stones and everything that makes the girls happy!

Old school Ultra
04-11-2007, 10:47 PM
A little Jimmy Buffet, Some MC Hammer, And of course some old Van Halen

Throttle
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
A little Jimmy Buffet, Some MC Hammer, And of course some old Van Halen
good call, my kids used to like listening to jimmy buffet on the boat... good memories... now, if I could just get rid of the bad ones...

dumbandyoung
04-11-2007, 10:56 PM
No country!
No country?? whats with that bro?? lol:confused: :D :D

dumbandyoung
04-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Ryph
im for sure a bloodhound fan! Chasey laine and i hope you die are the best!

DILLIGAF
04-11-2007, 11:07 PM
No country?? whats with that bro?? lol:confused: :D :D
lol...No country coming from my boat.

QuickJet
04-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Lots of good ones, however the one song that reminds me of the river the most is " Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles. First line is
"Picture yourself on a boat on the river". Kinda says it all.

jbone
04-12-2007, 05:58 AM
What, no Insane Clown Posse???:D
That is some funny shiat.
J

wright27
04-12-2007, 06:11 AM
lol...No country coming from my boat.
Not even Garth Brooks (I have friends in low places).:(

Coded-Dude
04-12-2007, 08:30 AM
David Allen Coe

HavaSkank
04-12-2007, 08:57 AM
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE baby. Especially after eating marinaded pineapple at the sandbar. It makes a bitch wanna brawl.

dmontzsta
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007JRC8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
AC mother ****ing DC

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
04-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Ryph
I was thinking about that after I wrote my post...Can't do without the Ballad of Chasey Lain...it's a standard issue in the OC!!
And yes, I forgot Rage and Social D(both of which have about 3-4 CD's in my playlists), course that sounds much better while towing the boat back to the house!!
And David Allen Coe..that's some good shit, but don't bring your black friends around while he's singing!! LOL

dumbandyoung
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
King Spade is a good one...
are you sure your not a 909er ??
haha just messing with you:D

earl-bob
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
what no robert earl keen? steve earl?

syke-o
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
are you sure your not a 909er ??
haha just messing with you:D