PDA

View Full Version : Wonder if Al Sharpton will apologize?

2Driver
04-11-2007, 11:23 AM
RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters)
"Charges dropped in Duke lacrosse sex assault case" - all innocent".
Head coach at Duke lost his career, players humiliated, lacrosse season and athletes chances ruined, monstrous lawyer bills etc etc. All because a Ho Stripper decided to make up a story that Sharpton backed and pulled the race card on.
Come on Al, at least say you are sorry.

Tequila-John
04-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Head coach at Duke lost his career, players humiliated, lacrosse season and athletes chances ruined, monstrous lawyer bills etc etc. All because a Ho Stripper decided to make up a story that Sharpton backed and pulled the race card on.
Dont count on it

AZJD
04-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Al Sharpton has got me pissed off these days! I don't care for Imus, however he is being rail roaded on this whole deal! Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the reason predjiduce is so abundant...............
I hate those nappy headed africans! (sharpton and Jackson):D

460 jus getn it
04-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Fock him, like i have always said. HiM and jesse are the reason racism are alive these days.

Tequila-John
04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Al Sharpton has got me pissed off these days! I don't care for Imus, however he is being rail roaded on this whole deal! Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are the reason predjiduce is so abundant...............
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

3 daytona`s
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Sharpton and Jackson have a ton to say "SORRY" for:mad:

460 jus getn it
04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Dont sugar coat it, why they have to be nappy headed?

Keith E. Sayre
04-11-2007, 11:36 AM
While I agree that Imus was out of line with his recent
comments, this is getting blown way out of proportion.
The 2 biggest racists in our country, Sharpton and Jackson
are having a big time but what I wonder is, why is it ok for
all these rapstar singers etc to use all the vulgar comments
and racial slurs towards blacks and whites and noone says
anything to them. I wonder why Sharpton doesn't make
all those guys come on his show to apologize etc. What
they say is ten thousand more times worse than what Imus said. He should have used better judgement.
Sharpton and jackson should simply go away and shut up.
Keith Sayre

Flyinbowtie
04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
If you think about it, folks like Jesse and Al never Do anything.
They simply offer their services as wagonmaster whenver an opportunity comes along to further their own agendas of hatred, vitriol, and racism.
Sharpton apologize?
Never.
There is no money in it.

Jbb
04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
But his hair....is perfect....:D
RD SUX!

Old Texan
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Years ago Rev. Al came to Houston for a big protest over something and was on the local news at some "Po' folk" church giving a Sunday sermon. He was all humble and showing his down to earth "I be one of you people" front.
That Saturday we were at the ritzy high dollar "rich man's Galleria Mall standing outside the mall entrance to the Westin Oaks Galleria Hotel where the Rev was staying. We heard a commotion and went to see to see him come strutting out with his "entourage". He sure looked different with his full length fur coat and a "richly coifed" Ho on each arm, pimpin' for the cameras. I'd wager the clothes he and the Ho's had on equaled a couple months of Sunday collections from the church he attended the next day, not to mention the block of $200+ per night rooms they stayed in.
Do you think Al is a tad on the hypocritical side? :mad:
And yes JBB, he had a beautiful head of slicked down hair under his $500 fedora. :devil:

Jbb
04-11-2007, 11:59 AM
"We just hope this traumatic experience for all involved ends with the minimum amount of damage," said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, whose Chicago-based Rainbow/Push Coalition had offered to help the accuser pay for college but wasn't able to contact her.

Biglue
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Al n Jessie need to sign up to HB. We'd ream them a couple new ones. :D
Imus should pull a publicity stunt (pretty much all Al and Jessie are anyways) and call them to their show and put pressure on them to appologize. I bet you guys a whole lot of something, Imus brings out the true ass in those two nappy headed revs. :D

centerhill condor
04-11-2007, 12:32 PM
"We just hope this traumatic experience for all involved ends with the minimum amount of damage," said the Rev. Jesse Jackson, whose Chicago-based Rainbow/Push Coalition had offered to help the accuser pay for college but wasn't able to contact her.
she might be his "outside" children
These fine young men will forever be bait for the media. Make note to self, they'll be on TV everytime they get a speeding ticket, divorce, etc.
The court can't make this right. This also exposes how poorly the system is at prosecuting sex cases. Fortunately, someone at the state capitol had the good sense to get involved and actually examine the facts.
The NC state should criminally prosecute the local DA 'cause there really isn't much of a civil fix.
An apology won't fix this for anyone and the plaintiff won't be prosecuted! how convenient.
One thing is certain, frat parties etc will not have as many strippers as they once did!

ratso
04-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I think Imus should do a rap video called Nappy Headed Hos...:jawdrop: with Rutgers Women's Basketball Team singing backup...http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif They'd make a freakin' fortune!:D

ratso
04-11-2007, 12:44 PM
...and Al Sharpton sux...;)

blown428fe
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
I know Stern hates Imus but wouldnt be some shit if Imus got shit-canned and Stern hired him up :sqeyes:

mbrown2
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
He never will as he never apologized for the slanderous false accusations towards 6 men who supposedly raped Tawana Brawley....again, no one indicted and charges drummed up...Grand Jury cites lack of evidence....history repeats itself....this guy is loser and sure does not help the black community let alone white/black relations....just lies in wait for the next media pundit.

Racey
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Who cares what Imus said, it was in a light hearted joking manner anyway, there was no malice in his words. This is just another example of the PUSSYFICATION OF AMERICA. Get over it, it was joke, people are just looking to point the finger over anything now days, Grow some balls people, What is wrong with this country when you can't even make a joke anymore without becoming a political pawn. It's just totally ridiculous.
The only reason Sharpton is even involved anyway is so he has another chance to be in the spot light for 15 minutes. He is such a tool, using this situations to create publicity for himself. I don't know how he has one once of credibility in ANYONES eyes.
Sharpton is a worthless piece of chit, sucking off these situations, ruining others lives to further his own career in politics and make a buck. F U AL!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

racecar.hotshoe
04-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Wonder if Al Sharpton will apologize?
When monkeys fly out of his butt!:D

boatsnblondes
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I just watched the news coinferance called by the three boys..I gotta tell ya, I never once believed that any part of this case was at all true...it made me sick to see Sharpton and Jackson grandstanding and pushing this thing through the media, and for a while there, they were on every MSNBC show you turned on. One of the reasons I no longer watch that channel. If I was them I would go after Sharpton and Jackson HARD, put the light on these two village idiots, and sue them for Defamation and slander. They are nothing comapred to Nifong, who I hope gets SLAMMED by the case coming his way...my .02.....

Baja Big Dog
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Who is Al Sharpton, and what is he qualified to do?:confused:

HammerDown
04-11-2007, 02:27 PM
How come Whites don't be havin...:D ...a White Music Awards.

HammerDown
04-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Who is Al Sharpton, and what is he qualified to do?:confused:
He's got a strong Pimp hand...;)

Coded-Dude
04-11-2007, 02:38 PM
http://www.superdickery.com/images/dick/bitchpunch1a.jpg
a Super strong pimp hand.......:D

ratso
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
I just watched the news coinferance called by the three boys..I gotta tell ya, I never once believed that any part of this case was at all true...it made me sick to see Sharpton and Jackson grandstanding and pushing this thing through the media, and for a while there, they were on every MSNBC show you turned on. One of the reasons I no longer watch that channel. If I was them I would go after Sharpton and Jackson HARD, put the light on these two village idiots, and sue them for Defamation and slander. They are nothing comapred to Nifong, who I hope gets SLAMMED by the case coming his way...my .02.....
Normally most of your posts just piss me off:jawdrop: but I definitely agree with you on this.;) Expose them to the public for the pieces of shit they truly are...

SmokinLowriderSS
04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Sounds like Nifong could get disbarred, and I think the 3 families should clean him out, (might be able to since there appears to be evidence of evidence being covered up that cleared the boys) and Al and dear Jesse should also be named in the suit(s) as co-accusers/conspirators/agitators.
Some nice deep pockets there.

Jordy
04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
So has anyone ever been to either on of the "Reverend's" churches or do they just hold court at whatever bank they're depositing their flocks' tithing that day or on whatever news podium is handy??? :notam:

2Driver
04-11-2007, 07:03 PM
So has anyone ever been to either on of the "Reverend's" churches or do they just hold court at whatever bank they're depositing their flocks' tithing that day or on whatever news podium is handy??? :notam:
Hiding behind the "Work of God". A con man favorite.

77Woodbridge
04-11-2007, 07:13 PM
You already know the answer...so why ask? Why does the media empower asshats llike Jesse and Al? The question should be, why did the DA put those families through the wringer when the evidence had to be weak from the start? Lay the blame where it belongs.

SHOTKALLIN
04-11-2007, 07:45 PM
I wish they were African....unfortunately they are Americans and they cant be deported.:D

SHOTKALLIN
04-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Nifong should be disbarred and jailed. IMHO He was afraid of losing the black vote if he threw the case out. He was only looking at Re-election. She has a prior of false rape and a also once accused ex-husband of false attempted murder. Nifong never investigated her or the eledged rape.
just my .02

SHOTKALLIN
04-11-2007, 07:53 PM
But his hair....is perfect....:D
RD SUX!
Thats because strom thurman's family likes the sista's:D

SmokinLowriderSS
04-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Nifong should be disbarred and jailed. IMHO He was afraid of losing the black vote if he threw the case out. He was only looking at Re-election. She has a prior of false rape and a also once accused ex-husband of false attempted murder. Nifong never investigated her or the eledged rape.
just my .02
That and her statement only changed 3 or 4 times, as evidence kept coming out that hurt parts of her story, so as to keep her storry fitting the accusation.
Some of the "evidence" has the look of fabrication as well as the coverup of the DNA evidence that cleared the boys, but was suppressed by Nifong, till the lab employee came out with it's existence.

Old Texan
04-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Sounds like Nifong could get disbarred, and I think the 3 families should clean him out, (might be able to since there appears to be evidence of evidence being covered up that cleared the boys) and Al and dear Jesse should also be named in the suit(s) as co-accusers/conspirators/agitators.
Some nice deep pockets there.
Let's not leave Duke University officials off the hook. They expelled the 3 boys, cancelled the remainder of the Lacross season effecting the whole team, a high hpercentage of which weren't even at the party, and effectively ruined the coach's good name and career. A little prudence in passing judgement would have gone a long way if they'd based their actions on "innocent until proven guilty." Duke deserves to be included in any wrongful action lawsuits for following.
Hopefully any student athletes considering Duke will see how the school "stands behind their own." :rolleyes:

cjordan
04-12-2007, 05:28 AM
Could you imagine if the role was reversed and everyone was calling for Sharptons removal for a comment he made.....:rolleyes: Well it couldn't happen because that would just be considered RACISM... ;) you couldn't kick a black man of the air for some stupiz azz comment they made. It just kills me with the double standard....I personally can't stand Imus, but the man shouldn't loose his show for a "bothed joke." Who said it...The PUSSIFICATION OF AMERICA continues and probably won't stop until we have one in the white house and become just like the French....:mad: :eek:

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 05:29 AM
I'm watching Fox, and those questions, (about the Duke staff) are now starting to be raised. I think it would be folly not to direct a good sized amount of righteous anger towards the staff and admin at Duke. They have every right to do it, Duke convicted them without a trial as fast as that azzhole Nifong....who, by the way, is coming out as "shocked" and "hurt" by the statements made yesterday calling him a "rogue" prosecuter....sigh....he is what he is.....

OKIE-JET
04-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Let's not leave Duke University officials off the hook. They expelled the 3 boys, cancelled the remainder of the Lacross season effecting the whole team, a high hpercentage of which weren't even at the party, and effectively ruined the coach's good name and career. A little prudence in passing judgement would have gone a long way if they'd based their actions on "innocent until proven guilty." Duke deserves to be included in any wrongful action lawsuits for following.
Hopefully any student athletes considering Duke will see how the school "stands behind their own." :rolleyes:
Right you are. Duke is definitely culpable in this fiasco.

Seadog
04-12-2007, 05:58 AM
What I get mad about is how many of the faculty of Duke had a linch mob attitude. The faculty should have stayed out of it. As far as the university goes, they had no choice. There was no way that they could allow the students to stay. There was no way they could concentrate on their studies, they could possibly be ill-treated by some of the faculty, and there was a chance that some idiot would try vigilante justice. Whether or not the administration was party to the attitude, they could not allow the boys to remain on campus for both their safety and being able to maintain control.
As far as the team and coach were concerned, the team was gone and the coach was a liability. Coaches know that they serve at the pleasure of the school. The pay can be high, but the job security is nil.
The boys can try to sue Nifong, but he is going to be broke and jobless. Who is going to hire him for awhile? The ho can go to jail for false accusation, but that is not going to mean anything. Suing the community will be long and difficult, but the only chance of getting any money. Yet the community is not going to have much money, so it may be a moral victory that will hurt the people there. The money is in Sharpton and Jackson, but you know that they have covered their sheit well. And they have the lawyers to keep things in motion long after they die.

Bow Tie Omega
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
AL & Jesse, two of the biggest CON ARTIST in America !!!!!!!!!
You forgot Don King. I think Rev Al and Don have the same hair dresser, Al goes in the morning and Don goes at the end of the day!:D
All kidding aside, those boys went through hell. I honestly think they should go after the girl for lying and making the past year a living hell for them and their families. We need to teach women that it is not ok to cry rape just because they regret what they consented to the night before or that their boyfriend broke up with them after he got a quicky. It is a very serious charge that should only be used when it really happened. I think they should go after Nifong, he was the ringmaster of all of this. I think they need to go after Duke University for the hell they put those boys through. They need to go after the State of North Carolina and the Attorney General for letting this go as far as it did. And finally, those boys need to go after Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. SOmeone needs to teach those two that the 60's are over with, everyone has equal rights now. Yes there are isolated incidents from time to time, but they are not restricted to just the African Americans. WE all have dealt with racial prejudice or racial slurs at one time or another. The sooner someone sues the living hell out of them, the better off we will be as a country. The sooner this country can start acting as a unified country and stop using your race in front of the word American and just refer to everyone as American. Can you imagine the press that would get......These three boys suing AL and Jesse

edog_103
04-12-2007, 08:15 AM
How come Whites don't be havin...:D ...a White Music Awards.
Sheeeit...Don't get me started on this one. Could you imagine if Whitey had a music channel equal to B.E.T, called W.E.T. or how about a magazine that was equal to Black Men, called White Man! There would be attorneys for miles lined up to get a piece of that.

Baja Big Dog
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Well because the case was dropped they have released the picture of the piece of shit that ruined these guys lives...Now that is a nappy headed ho....
who they gonna sue, hopefully everyone within a 200 mile radius, the school, the DA, the ho, the racist's twins, everyone. Will money make this go away, hell no but they can have a shit load of fun spending the money.

HavaSkank
04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
The Duke boys exoneration couldnt have come at a BETTER time. The worlds most infamous antisemites, Sharpton and Jackson, were rigging the noose for Imus and loading him on the lynching pony just a couple days ago, suddenly they're quiet.
Shhhhh....do you hear that? It's the sound of a $600 purple, allegator pimp loafer shoved into the gapping hole that smells like chitlins and menthal cigs

SmokinLowriderSS
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
I had not followed the story enough to keep track of Duke U's actions, but I agree Tex, and Thx for the heads-up/reminder. There is some culpability there as well I believe, ESPECIALLY from the coach and the 3 expulsions IMO.

vee-driven
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
al and jesse ask why us whites bring up something from a few months or years ago that they said or did, i ask why do you still bring up slavery wasnt that like a couple hundred years ago? if i had a couple of fools like those to representing my race i would be embarrased as hell.

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
al and jesse ask why us whites bring up something from a few months or years ago that they said or did, i ask why do you still bring up slavery wasnt that like a couple hundred years ago? if i had a couple of fools like those to representing my race i would be embarrased as hell.
I always laugh when blacks bring up slavery...like THEY are the only ones ever to be enslaved...one need look no further than the Coliseum in Rome to find out what whites were doing to each other long before blacks came on the scene....whites never did ANYTHING to blacks that was as bad as what they did to one another....so does that give whites the right to go to Italy and demand reparations for our ancestors that were slaughtered in Romes equivalent of Monday Night football?? I doubt it...

Screemy1
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Dont sugar coat it, why they have to be nappy headed?
with your avtar... that is funny.... I love the water melon broken on the ground...:D

centerhill condor
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Shhhhh....do you hear that? It's the sound of a $600 purple, allegator pimp loafer shoved into the gapping hole that smells like chitlins and menthal cigs
that's funny...Al wears a gold presidential rolex. When I grow up I wanna be Al Sharpton...money for nuttin' and my chicks for free!

rrrr
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Sharpton is a piece of shit......
The Nine Lives of Al Sharpton
By John Perazzo
FrontPageMagazine.com | April 12, 2007
By now everyone knows about the recent idiotic remarks that longtime broadcaster Don Imus made last week about some black members of the Rutgers University women’s basketball team, to whom he referred as “nappy-headed hos.” Imus’ words require no comment; their stupidity is clear to all.
What is not at all clear, however, is why Al Sharpton has become Imus’ de facto confessor in this case. On Monday, the shock jock contritely appeared on Sharpton’s radio program and apologized for his stupid statements. Sharpton, for his part, slid into his customary moral preening routine and denounced Imus’ comments of last week as “racist” and “abominable,” adding that the broadcaster “should be fired” for what he had said. “I accept his apology,” Sharpton later elaborated, “just as I want his bosses to accept his resignation.” Moreover, Sharpton vowed to picket Imus’ New York radio home, WFAN-AM, unless the broadcaster was fired within a week for having “use[d] the airwaves for sexist and racist remarks.”
When one considers the multitude of hurtful, malicious, deceitful things Al Sharpton himself has said and done over the years—chiefly for the purpose of justifying his own existence as a proverbial shepherd dutifully shielding black Americans from the white racist wolves that supposedly surround them all times—it is beyond incredible not only that he hosts his own radio program, but that anyone on earth should take seriously anything he has to say.
Sharpton’s career as a public liar and racial arsonist began in earnest two decades ago when he injected himself into the case of 16-year-old Tawana Brawley, who in November 1987 claimed that she had been repeatedly raped and sodomized for four days by six white kidnappers, at least one of whom was wearing a police badge. She further alleged that her assailants had chopped off some of her hair, forced her to perform oral sex on them, urinated into her mouth, smeared her clothing with feces, and covered her chest with racial slurs before finally depositing her in a wooded area of Wappingers Falls, a town in Dutchess County, New York. It was among the most disturbing tales in living memory.
Al Sharpton quickly assumed the role of special adviser to Miss Brawley and thereafter worked closely with the girl’s attorneys, C. Vernon Mason (who, later in his career, would be convicted of 66 counts of professional misconduct and disbarred from the legal profession) and Alton Maddox (who has publicly expressed his profound hatred for white people). Lamenting that their client had fallen prey to “certain elements that have constantly antagonized the black community, including the Ku Klux Klan and law-enforcement personnel,” Sharpton and the Brawley lawyers demanded that New York Governor Mario Cuomo appoint a special prosecutor to the case and publicly charged that “high-level” local law enforcement officials were involved in the crime—an allegation that led to numerous death threats against members of the Dutchess County police department. Sharpton further demanded that New York Attorney General Robert Abrams be removed from the case because of an alleged “relationship” between Abrams and the Dutchess County sheriff who was, according to Sharpton, “a suspect in this case.” Sharpton insisted that there was “absolutely no way” that his client would talk to Abrams. “That’s like asking someone who watched someone killed in the gas chamber to sit down with Mr. Hitler,” he said.
So the case dragged on, week after week, with Brawley refusing to speak to even a single investigator—ostensibly because she feared that as an African American she would be unable to get a fair hearing.
Then at a March 1988 news conference, Sharpton and the attorneys fingered Stephen Pagones, Dutchess County’s assistant district attorney, as one of their client’s attackers. Further accusing district attorney William Grady of trying to cover up Pagones’ involvement in the crime, they demanded that Governor Cuomo immediately arrest the two “suspects.” When asked what evidence they could provide to substantiate their charges, Sharpton and his cohorts were evasive, saying only that they would reveal the facts when the time was right.
Three months later something very important happened: a Sharpton aide named Perry McKinnon stepped forward to make a remarkable series of disclosures. A former police officer, private investigator, and director of security at a Brooklyn Hospital, McKinnon revealed that “Sharpton acknowledged to me early on that ‘The [Brawley] story do sound like bull---t, but it don’t matter. We’re building a movement. This is the perfect issue. Because you’ve got whites on blacks. That’s an easy way to stir up all the deprived people, who would want to believe and who would believe—and all [you’ve] got to do is convince them—that all white people are bad. Then you’ve got a movement.” Explaining that Sharpton was methodically “building an atmosphere” for a race war, McKinnon continued: “Sharpton told me it don’t matter whether any whites did it or not. Something happened to her...even if Tawana done it to herself.” To prove his truthfulness, McKinnon submitted to a lie detector test administered on camera and passed all questions.
In the autumn of 1988, after conducting an exhaustive review of the facts, a grand jury released its report showing beyond any doubt that the entire Tawana Brawley story had been fabricated, and that at least $1 million of New York taxpayers’ money had been spent to investigate a colossal hoax.
Sharpton, however, would concede nothing. He continued to reiterate his claim that Brawley had been brutalized by a gang of whites. In February 1989, he told a Spin magazine interviewer, without the barest shred of proof, that Stephen Pagones had privately confessed to the crime. Sharpton further asserted, falsely, that Brawley’s gang-rape allegations had been confirmed by medical tests whose results were—conveniently—in C. Vernon Mason’s exclusive possession. And finally, for good measure, he lamented that Miss Brawley had tragically fallen prey to a barbaric “white supremist [sic] cult ritual.”
When Pagones sued Sharpton for defamation of character in 1997, the latter portrayed himself as a wrongly persecuted man of honor who, mysteriously, could “no longer recall” having made a number of his slanderous accusations against Pagones and other law-enforcement officials years earlier. When asked whether he had made even the slightest attempt to verify Brawley’s allegations about Pagones before going public with them, Sharpton self-righteously retorted, “I would not engage in sex talk with a 15-year-old girl.”
Pagones won a court judgment against Sharpton for $345,000, which Sharpton never paid. Moreover, during the decade prior to Pagones’ long-awaited vindication in court, the former prosecutor had suffered constant stress and anxiety (exacerbated by numerous death threats from Sharpton’s credulous followers) that contributed heavily to the devastating dissolution of Pagones’ marriage and the virtual ruin of his life.
In comparison to what Sharpton did, Don Imus’ recent transgression seems rather minor, doesn’t it? And unlike Imus, Sharpton has never—in twenty years—had the courage or the decency to acknowledge what he did and to apologize for it. Never.
But the Brawley hoax was merely one of the early chapters in Sharpton’s long career as a peddler of racial grievance. Consider his response to the 1989 case of a white female jogger who was raped and beaten nearly to death in New York’s Central Park by a gang of at least 30 black and Hispanic teenagers who later acknowledged that they had specifically set out to target a white woman. Fracturing her skull with a lead pipe and mutilating her face with a brick, the assailants left the woman for dead. She lost three quarters of her blood in the attack and was so badly mangled that even her boyfriend was able to recognize her only by a familiar ring on her finger. When investigators later asked one of the attackers why he had tried to smash the victim skull, he candidly replied, “It was fun.” A multiracial jury convicted several of the defendants on the basis of their own confessions. But Sharpton, who served as an adviser to the boys’ families, said the defendants had been framed by a racist justice system. At one point during the trial, he escorted Tawana Brawley into the courtroom in an attempt to illustrate the alleged inequities of that system. “Those boys aren’t guilty for what happened to the jogger,” Sharpton said. “This is just like the old Scottsboro Boys case.”
Sharpton smelled more blood in 1991, when anti-Semitic riots in Brooklyn’s Crown Heights section erupted after a seven-year old black child named Gavin Cato was accidentally killed by a car driven by a Hasidic Jew. Neighborhood residents were enraged by the boy’s death, and within three hours a black mob had murdered an innocent rabbinical student, Yankel Rosenbaum, in retribution. At Gavin Cato’s funeral, Sharpton criticized the Jewish community and thereafter organized a series of massive, angry demonstrations. He declared that Cato’s death was not merely the result of a car accident, but rather “the social accident of apartheid.” The contentious activist then challenged local Jews—who he derisively characterized as “diamond merchants” —to “pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house” to settle the score. Finally he claimed, without proof, that the Jewish driver had run over the Cato child while in a drunken stupor.
Stirred in part by such rhetoric and false accusations, hundreds of Crown Heights blacks took violently to the streets, pelting Jewish homes with rocks, setting vehicles on fire, and shouting “Jew! Jew!” The riots continued for three days and nights. Sharpton’s response: “We must not reprimand our children for outrage, when it is the outrage that was put in them by an oppressive system.” Five days after the original car accident that had triggered the violence, Sharpton led 400 shouting protesters through the heart of the Crown Heights Jewish community, shouting “No justice, no peace!” The relentless Sharpton even traveled to Israel to search for the driver who had run over Gavin Cato. When angry Israeli onlookers taunted Sharpton with shouts of “Go to hell,” he replied: “I am in hell!”
In 1995, Sharpton led his National Action Network in an ugly boycott against Freddy’s Fashion Mart, a Jewish-owned business in Harlem, New York. The boycott started when Freddy’s owners announced that because they wanted to expand their own business, they would no longer sublet part of their store to a black-owned record shop. The street leader of the boycott, Morris Powell, was the head of Sharpton’s “Buy Black” Committee. Repeatedly referring to the Jewish proprietors of Freddy’s as “crackers,” Powell and his fellow protesters menacingly told passersby, “Keep [going] right on past Freddy’s, he’s one of the greedy Jew bastards killing our [black] people. Don’t give the Jew a dime.”
All of this occurred under the watchful, approving eye of Sharpton, who provided some additional sound bites for the media: “We will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so some white interloper can expand his business on 125th Street…There is a systematic and methodical strategy to eliminate our people from doing business on 125th Street….[O]ne of our brothers...is now being threatened.” Sharpton exhorted blacks to join “the struggle brother Powell and I are engaged in.” The subsequent picketing became increasingly violent in tone until one of the protesters eventually shot four whites inside the store and then set the building on fire—killing seven employees, most of whom were Hispanics.
One wonders why Al Sharpton’s apparently delicate sensibilities—as evidenced by his current snit over Imus’ comments—were undisturbed by the incessant, ugly rhetoric that accompanied the Freddy’s boycott. Equally inexplicable is how someone with Sharpton’s professed abhorrence for racial insensitivity could have spent so many years as a strong supporter of the late Khalid Abdul Muhammad, whose vulgar diatribes against whites were too incendiary for even Louis Farrakhan to condone.
Perhaps you remember Mr. Muhammad, who publicly referred to Jews as “slumlords in the black community” who are busy “sucking our [black’] blood on a daily and consistent basis”; who said that Jews had provoked Adolf Hitler when they “went in there, in Germany, the way they do everywhere they go, and they supplanted, they usurped”; who said that blacks, in retribution against South African whites of the apartheid era, should “kill the women,…kill the children,…kill the babies,…kill the blind,…kill the crippled,…kill the faggot,…kill the lesbian,…kill them all”; who praised Colin Ferguson, a black man who had shot some twenty white and Asian commuters (killing six of them) in a racially motivated 1993 shooting spree aboard a New York commuter train, as a hero who possessed the courage to “just kill every goddamn cracker that he saw”; who advised blacks that “[t]here are no good crackers, and if you find one, kill him before he changes”; who told a Donahue television audience in May 1994 that “[t]here is a little bit of Hitler in all white people”; and who characterized black conservatives as “boot-licking, butt-licking, bamboozled, half-baked, half-fried, sissified, punkified, pasteurized, homogenized Nigger[s].”
Perhaps you think that an individual who could utter such filth must be a hollow-headed racist. Well, Al Sharpton did not think so, not by any means. In fact, Sharpton actually lauded Muhammad for being nothing less than “a very articulate and courageous brother.”
But such an evaluation makes perfect sense for someone who, like Sharpton, loathes white people and considers them the scourge of humanity. In December 1998, for instance, Sharpton hosted an AIDS forum in Harlem which featured a dozen guest speakers, all but one of whom professed to believe that the disease had actually been engineered by white racists as a tool for genocide against blacks.
At another public event, Sharpton declared: “White folks was in caves while we was building empires...We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.”
Yet today Al Sharpton casts himself as a moral arbiter qualified to pass judgment on the words and actions of an aging broadcaster who recently uttered some stupid remarks that are no more offensive or insipid than a thousand other things he has said during his long radio career. Sharpton contends that Imus no longer has a moral right to hold a job in the industry where he has worked for more than four decades. But if Imus is unfit to be a broadcaster, by what calculus could anyone conclude that Sharpton himself merits a job behind a microphone? The episodes discussed in this article barely scratch the surface of what Sharpton has done to poison race relations for more than 20 years.
If Imus deserves to be fired, clearly, so does Sharpton.

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow, good read....

vee-driven
04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Not to be a racist basterd, and lord i apologise but i think a debt of graditude is owed to the white man, i know slavery was a rough time for all back in the day but come on Al and Jesse look at where you are now.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/path5150/Al20Sharpton-9.jpg
I know you hate me but you want me to respect you, well respect is earned but i cant respect you for always bringing up the sh!t that you or i had nothing to do with. If those events that happened a couple hundred years ago did not take place well who knows where you would be today, but i have an idea.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/path5150/African-Native-Tribe.jpg
so let it go, i can.

boatsnblondes
04-12-2007, 10:25 PM
The funny thing vee, is that whites didn't even enslave them. That honor, goes to gasp, muslims. You got it, the very same religion Malcom X, Farrakhan, and the silly group known as the army of islam, the guys who stood around around Michael Jackson when he was on trial, embrace. Whites got there late. And we didn't go in after them, blacks did, brought them out, sold them to slave traders. The first slaves in the Americas were whites actually, who came over to America as indentured servants. That is to say, they came over and worked off the cost to thier employer for bringing them over before they could be free. True, not true slavery, but close enough, as some folks never were able to pay it off, and were servants their entire lives. Blacks in America were the lucky ones, actually, in the Carribean, where they worked sugar plantations, and in the middle east, there were no kindnesses shown to them, and the hell they went through is legendary.

OKIE-JET
04-13-2007, 12:00 AM
:D Making sense will get you nowhere BNB.

Trailer Park Casanova
04-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Imus should have known better, his sports guy Sid Rosenberg got fired for a similar comment about 8 months ago.
To Imus credit, he was one of the first to complain about Veteran and Army hospitals appalling treatment and conditions.
He really pushed for more survivor benefits for widows and kids of US servicemen, some saying he was the main reason bennies were raised.
One of the few vocal critics of "the witch" Hillary.
We used to occassionally tune-in, he was getting a bigger and bigger audience and was scheduled to move to CNBC this late summer.
Figured sooner or later the name calling would catch up to him.

vee-driven
04-13-2007, 12:40 AM
The funny thing vee, is that whites didn't even enslave them. That honor, goes to gasp, muslims. You got it, the very same religion Malcom X, Farrakhan, and the silly group known as the army of islam, the guys who stood around around Michael Jackson when he was on trial, embrace. Whites got there late. And we didn't go in after them, blacks did, brought them out, sold them to slave traders. The first slaves in the Americas were whites actually, who came over to America as indentured servants. That is to say, they came over and worked off the cost to thier employer for bringing them over before they could be free. True, not true slavery, but close enough, as some folks never were able to pay it off, and were servants their entire lives. Blacks in America were the lucky ones, actually, in the Carribean, where they worked sugar plantations, and in the middle east, there were no kindnesses shown to them, and the hell they went through is legendary.
You are correct but most people do not grasp that theory because us the white man is the supposed root of all evil and that concept was not written in our history books in school. Even in world war II that my grandfather fought in used to call bullshit on the garbage that was written in my history books when i was a kid and he was there first hand fighting for our country.

boatsnblondes
04-13-2007, 12:50 AM
History, these days, is in the eye of the beholder. History books are not written to correctly reflect what happened, rather, they are written in the most vanilla of ways so as not to offend anyone. History is a living thing, and if you dig deep enough, the truth is still there...once you get past the liberal appologists, and the gays trying to out every major character in the history of the world. I always say, look how much of history was written in Europe, as opposed to anywhere else....Europeans are responsible for our modern world..like it or not.

vee-driven
04-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Hell yea, anyways im a little shit faced since i just got back from the bar and i gotta get some sleep because there are millions of people on wellfare that are depending on me to go to work tomorrow.