PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a problem with the may issue of ***boat?

ParkerRat
04-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Page 62 & 63. Maybe it's just me but isnt that a pretty poor way to represent what looks to be a real nice boat? 5 people, including a young girl, riding on the engine hatch while the boat looks to be moving along at a pretty good speed. C'mon ***boat. Maybe I'm just getting old but dam! I dont mean to offend if it's anyone on the boards but how fockin stupid is that?

Throttle
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
the only problem is that I never get my issue until after everyone else does... is there really a magazine?

Throttle
04-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I wasted a day in the nautical cove for someone to do a photo shoot and still never seen what they came up with...

ParkerRat
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I just got mine today, just couldnt believe that I was seeing a picture like that when they are showing off a nice boat like that..

shockwaveharry
04-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen it yet... Is it like the pick of the 42 Inferno hauling ass with all the people laying out on the engine cover?

ParkerRat
04-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Thats the pick, where else did you see it? There is a full two page spread on the boat and two big pictures of the whole kooky fam hangin out on the engine hatch while the boat looks to be haulin. I couldnt beleive ***boat would actually put it in the mag.

Throttle
04-11-2007, 07:54 PM
I think I remeber seeing that pic from thier regatta... some guy layin acrross the back... cuz there was no room in the boat... just hold on!:jawdrop:

desertbird
04-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I have to agree.....
Come on ***boat, lead by example right? What's next? Dirt Bike or Dirt Wheels magazine showing pictures of idiots running off trails and using desert tortoises as whoop-de-doos?!?!?:jawdrop: :) :jawdrop:

SHOTKALLIN
04-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Did they at least spell the name of the boat correctly?:D

acatitude
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I noticed that the Outboard Tech section was missing :(
bout time they did away with them waker questions :D :D:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chipster27
04-11-2007, 08:25 PM
What's next? Dirt Bike or Dirt Wheels magazine showing pictures of idiots running off trails and using desert tortoises as whoop-de-doos?!?!?:jawdrop: :) :jawdrop:
Or a family of 5 all riding the same Pep Boys quad...at the same time...without helmets :) :D
That picture of the Inferno was posted in December Overloaded Nordic (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135429&highlight=nordic). Many didn't think it was real because who the hell would lay on an engine cover while the boat was running :eek:

acatitude
04-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't start with me :crossx:
:D :D :D :D
:)
I wouldnt dream of it:D
Im smarter then grads if only by a little;)

roostwear
04-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Next month in ***boat..... teak surfing finals at the Carbon Monoxide Nationals.

desertbird
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Or a family of 5 all riding the same Pep Boys quad...at the same time...without helmets :) :D
That picture of the Inferno was posted in December Overloaded Nordic (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135429&highlight=nordic). Many didn't think it was real because who the hell would lay on an engine cover while the boat was running :eek:
Yeah, exacly. It seems like more and more of the stupid $hit from the days at the sandbar (2000-2003) are just as prevalent in the sand dunes today. :confused:
...and we wonder why it gets shut down. :(

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 06:19 AM
Here's the Pictures

maxwedge
04-12-2007, 06:37 AM
Maybe I'm getting old too, but I thought the cover caption was in pretty poor taste as well as being somewhat junior high level humor.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/medium/jet_pump_027.JPG

havaduner
04-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Here's the Pictures
Yeah those are pictures that were taken at the regatta, and those pictures were used in the magazine before. Nice.
Also, doesnt that boat belong to the new owner of Nordic?

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Since "Teak-Surfing" was outlawed, we've had to get creative with our games......the latest rage is this game we play on the engine hatch....I give the hatch-cover a good thick coat of ArmorAll, then I spray some baby oil on it......then I put 4-5 kids up there.....they have to have hang on while I do full throttle starts, S turns, and 360's over my own wake......we usually do this in the summer, on Saturday afternoon in front of Needles Marina Park.
Seeing the look of terror in those kids eyes as they go sliding off the back at 30-40mph.....it's awesome!!! Every now and then I just close the throttle and send them all flying into the boat, but that's not as fun....we spilled a beer doing that once. :( If you space the kids out just right, you can do S-turns around them on your way back to pick them up. If your boat handles well, you can make 50-60mph up through the course!!! Anyway.....I hope it catches on!!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/jasons_smilie/2thumbsup.gif
RTJas :D

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Maybe I'm getting old too, but I thought the cover caption was in pretty poor taste as well as being somewhat junior high level humor.
Is that last months cover? Mine is different. It only has a picture of the girl in the upper right. Maybe the eastcoast mag?

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 07:04 AM
Is that last months cover? Mine is different. It only has a picture of the girl in the upper right. Maybe the eastcoast mag?
East and West Coast Hot Boat's are sleightly different, including the covers.

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 07:05 AM
One more stupid question then I'll shut up. How does everybody get the picture to show up in the thread? Mine only shows up as a link.

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 07:08 AM
One more stupid question then I'll shut up. How does everybody get the picture to show up in the thread? Mine only shows up as a link.
Quote a post that has a photo in it........notice the IMG tags before and after the URL of the images.....you need to first get the URL of the image, and then put it in your post with the IMG tags. I think Rex has instructions pinned in one of his forums on here....

x7734x
04-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Here is the link to the original thread regarding these pics.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135429&highlight=nordic+regatta

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 07:11 AM
SSSHHHEEESSSHH!
You guy's would bitch if HB was giving away free boat gas and paying you to read the mag. Think aboutit. Do you for one minute think that HB told, instructed, required whomever to pile as many morons as would fit on the boat to go out and do stooopid so we can take pics? As the boat doesn't belong to HB and they are not paying for said use of boat, gas, and actors, they can only dictate so far. Chopper flies, boat shows up, monkey on rope takes pics, they all go out and get drunk! HB only (maybe) pays for chopper.
They don't get 27 takes and they can't tell boat owner to leave the fat, ugly chick on the dock.
Give um a break. Besides, have you stopped and looked at your own avitars lately? Talk about bad taste!!!
Rio
ps..JFYI...I brought this exact same critisizm up about 2 years ago only it was concerning an ad on the DCB WEBSITE. Broad laying on the back (with two wackers running) an got blasted cuz 'that member' was a really safe boater and how dare I to say anything! lol.
Bottom line is DRIVERS RESPONSIBILITY not HB's.
Rio, I was just sayin I think it puts out a pretty bad example for people who dont know that much about boating but pick up the magazine to read it. Next time thay are out on the lake, they will be the one riding on the engine hatch cuz they saw it in ***boat so it must be cool. As for the Avatar, take it easy. Thats my boy and ther nothin in bad taste about that!!

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Here is the link to the original thread regarding these pics.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135429&highlight=nordic+regatta
Thanks, now that you post the pic in that angle I do remeber seeing it before. Sorry for the duplicate post.

ParkerRat
04-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Quote a post that has a photo in it........notice the IMG tags before and after the URL of the images.....you need to first get the URL of the image, and then put it in your post with the IMG tags. I think Rex has instructions pinned in one of his forums on here....
Thanks, I'll give that a try

maxwedge
04-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Yep, that's the May issue I just got yesterday. Just out of curosity, what's on the cover of the west coast Mag?

RiverToysJas
04-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Yep, that's the May issue I just got yesterday. Just out of curosity, what's on the cover of the west coast Mag?
Trident! It's a Twin Jet headline. Photos are posted on here.

squirtn20
04-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Hey guys, maybe the camera man shot the picture just after the boat hit a huge a roller and launched the rear passengers up and they came back down just in time to grab a hold of, or a seat on the finely crafted hatch cover of the 42' inferno, thus saving thier lives? It's possible they had to edit this information out of the article due to space limitations. By the looks of the guy in the middle, it looks like something pretty cool just happend? Or maybe he's just really happy he didn't spill his beer through the whole mind lifting experience? Or maybe he was ridding up on the bow and thats were he landed? Maybe he is pretending to be power surfing? Yea anything is possible. Looks pretty unsafe!!

maxwedge
04-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Trident! It's a Twin Jet headline. Photos are posted on here.
In all fairness to the mag, the were some great articles this month. The dual jet stuff was very cool, as was the speedo/gps/radar article. I just thought the cover was kind of a cheap ploy.

TBONE1904
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Since "Teak-Surfing" was outlawed, we've had to get creative with our games......the latest rage is this game we play on the engine hatch....I give the hatch-cover a good thick coat of ArmorAll, then I spray some baby oil on it......then I put 4-5 kids up there.....they have to have hang on while I do full throttle starts, S turns, and 360's over my own wake......we usually do this in the summer, on Saturday afternoon in front of Needles Marina Park.
Seeing the look of terror in those kids eyes as they go sliding off the back at 30-40mph.....it's awesome!!! Every now and then I just close the throttle and send them all flying into the boat, but that's not as fun....we spilled a beer doing that once. :( If you space the kids out just right, you can do S-turns around them on your way back to pick them up. If your boat handles well, you can make 50-60mph up through the course!!! Anyway.....I hope it catches on!!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/jasons_smilie/2thumbsup.gif
Sounds like freestyle motocross:D

H20 Toie
04-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I just got the mag and even though it seems stupid that HB used those pics it is even worse that there are people out there that have so little sense.
I hate all the rules and regulations that keep coming up but then you see stuff like this and realize that people cannot be trusted to protect themselves:(

LakeTrash
04-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Lets just pass a law and install seat belts. Right after that lets pass one so that everbody has to wear a helmet. That done lets pass one that everybody has to wear a helmet in the shower. I wonder how far it will go before everybody gets tired of being told what is safe and what is not.
The problem is always who gets to make the decision. Sounds like a bunch of you are ready to take the job.
LT

charlyox
04-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Those girls should be up in the stabbin cabin!

bead
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Ya, what cracks me up is how big the boat is and they cant seem to find any room to sit in it. Hmmm , lets see I can buy this boat that is 38ft. long and still only seats 6 for $250,000.00 . Ya thats seems like a good price ,I'll take it .

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-14-2007, 08:15 PM
If they want to ride on the back of their boat like that who cares are you personally in any danger because of it? bfd...

Jetaholic
04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28517&d=1176387502
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28518&d=1176387532

squirt'nmyload
04-14-2007, 09:01 PM
In all fairness to the mag, the were some great articles this month. The dual jet stuff was very cool, as was the speedo/gps/radar article. I just thought the cover was kind of a cheap ploy.
i helped out with that speed comparison article!!!! :) :)

dmontzsta
04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Typical Havasu yuppie lifestyle. :)

boats&bars
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
udder stupidity.

Boatcop
04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
If they want to ride on the back of their boat like that who cares are you personally in any danger because of it? bfd...
I care. Why?
Because I'm the guy that has to put myself and my team in danger diving for the bodies.
Because I'm the guy that has to call the mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, etc. and tell them that their loved one died because of stupidity.
Hot Boat, Power Boat, Trailer Boat, whatever, have a responsibility to promote safe boating, right along with performance (or family) boating.
The reason for all the laws is because of idiots like those in the pictures, who think it's "fun" to ride on the back of a boat at speed. Idiots who think Teak Dragging is "fun". Idiots who think they can drive a boat after slamming a six-pack or two. Idiots who think that, just because they have a lot of money or a lot of credit, they can buy a 100+ MPH boat and call themselves a Hot Hoater. Idiots who let their 10 year old drive a 65 MPH PWC on the busiest waterways in the world.
You know what I call that?
Job Security.

dumbandyoung
04-15-2007, 08:10 PM
The twin jet Ultra is badass..I just read it on the toilet. ;) :D Wes had a great interview too.
and to answer this question.....
Way too many dudes and the girls aren't that great...In fact i think the girls should be at LA Fitness working off those bellies like the rest of the girls getting ready for summer....those girls are not "RIVER READY".....my .02
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-86602-Nordic_Regatta.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
04-15-2007, 08:11 PM
I care. Why?
Because I'm the guy that has to put myself and my team in danger diving for the bodies.
Because I'm the guy that has to call the mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, etc. and tell them that their loved one died because of stupidity.
Hot Boat, Power Boat, Trailer Boat, whatever, have a responsibility to promote safe boating, right along with performance (or family) boating.
The reason for all the laws is because of idiots like those in the pictures, who think it's "fun" to ride on the back of a boat at speed. Idiots who think Teak Dragging is "fun". Idiots who think they can drive a boat after slamming a six-pack or two. Idiots who think that, just because they have a lot of money or a lot of credit, they can buy a 100+ MPH boat and call themselves a Hot Hoater. Idiots who let their 10 year old drive a 65 MPH PWC on the busiest waterways in the world.
You know what I call that?
Job Security.
No offense Allen but you signed up for that job. Isn't job security a good thing.:boxed:
People get so revved up over a stupid picture in a magazine. I don't advocate anything in your above list but seeing the pic doesn't tell me that I need to go do the same. My actions aren't dictated by monkey see monkey do...
When I skimmed past those pages of the mag I didn't even notice the people on the engine cover much less feel ***boat was promoting unsafe boating. I look at it as another picture in a magazine not an advertisement for unsafe boating.
IMO many people in here (sandbar) are so bored that they search long an hard for any drama they can stir up just for the sake of increasing their post count. :notam: ok, that should put me at 4,162 :)

EAZYKILLER2006
04-15-2007, 08:18 PM
I just got mine today, just couldnt believe that I was seeing a picture like that when they are showing off a nice boat like that..
maybe:( we got our mag this weekend, but we were in havi so i didnt see it till now..
wow ....that wasnt to smart :( funny tho...i wouldnt of really noticed, if it wasnt brought up ...i skim through the mag ...like i do the internet...:confused:

dumbandyoung
04-15-2007, 08:39 PM
maybe:( we got our mag this weekend, but we were in havi so i didnt see it till now..
wow ....that wasnt to smart :( funny tho...i wouldnt of really noticed, if it wasnt brought up ...i skim through the mag ...like i do the internet...:confused:
Magazine are supposed to be skimmed through. Half of its advertisements just like the net. lol

MR.rvrluvr
04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
The twin jet Ultra is badass..I just read it on the toilet. ;) :D Wes had a great interview too.
and to answer this question.....
Way too many dudes and the girls aren't that great...In fact i think the girls should be at LA Fitness working off those bellies like the rest of the girls getting ready for summer....those girls are not "RIVER READY".....my .02
http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/uploads/post-2-86602-Nordic_Regatta.jpg
It must be hard to live in YOUR perfect world..

shockwaveharry
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
...but seeing the pic doesn't tell me that I need to go do the same. My actions aren't dictated by monkey see monkey do...
For every "smart" guy like you, there are 100 lemmings out there that will look at that picture and say to themselves "Hey! that looks like fun... I can't wait till I can load the hatch on my dad's Malibu up with friends this summer and do me some of that!".
Bottom line, the guy in charge at Hot Boat should have told Nordic that if they wanted pictures to go with their magazine story, they need to provide some new photos because the current ones available are unacceptable. In my world that's called common sense.
That picture is no different than one of a bunch of drunk guys holding beer cans up and waving at the chopper on a speed run in a DCB write up... I don't think we'll see one of those anytime soon.
What really get me is that this isn't the first time we've seen a picture like this. I thought Hot Boat Ed's kept an eye on the boards...

dumbandyoung
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
It must be hard to live in YOUR perfect world..
I declare most things that happen in life as "perfect" or figure they happened for a reason. so would that make my world perfect? I do find it rather easy to get through the day, and it certainly "creams my twinky" or is "my cup of tea" so to speak :idea: :D :eek: .

grads2112
04-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Look at the photo on page 25 in the upper right hand corner. Kind of ironic. ;)

pixilatedpussy
04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Page 62 & 63. Maybe it's just me but isnt that a pretty poor way to represent what looks to be a real nice boat? 5 people, including a young girl, riding on the engine hatch while the boat looks to be moving along at a pretty good speed. C'mon ***boat. Maybe I'm just getting old but dam! I dont mean to offend if it's anyone on the boards but how fockin stupid is that?
I agree! How freakin stupid can people be??? That li girl or guy laying on their stomach could slide right off in a heart beat!:mad: I cant stand this kind of stupidity!
Mrs Racer & I were sitting in the channel last Tuesday & some idiot rolled though with his kid hanging off the front end of the boat! WTF???:mad: :mad: What if the kid fell off? He would be ran over in a heart beat!