PDA

View Full Version : Who here does prototyping?

WetWillie
02-06-2006, 06:42 PM
I have a hand tool I need prototyped. It is somewhat complex and has many pieces that are metal and plastic with moving parts. I need 1 or 2 working prototypes so I can take this project to the next level.
Does anyone here do this? Or can anyone recommend someone that can. I dont want to go to China! :)
They would need to be able to proto something like this as an example.
http://www.gleesonagencies.com.au/images/HLSDispenser.gif

NorCal Gameshow
02-06-2006, 07:33 PM
no help here..but, that pic takes me back to my night crew days :D

Froggystyle
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
I have a hand tool I need prototyped. It is somewhat complex and has many pieces that are metal and plastic with moving parts. I need 1 or 2 working prototypes so I can take this project to the next level.
Does anyone here do this? Or can anyone recommend someone that can. I dont want to go to China! :)
They would need to be able to proto something like this as an example.
http://www.gleesonagencies.com.au/images/HLSDispenser.gif
My hull designer, Ron Holder owns a company called CAD research. They do a lot of stuff like that. PM me if you are interested...

SummitKarl
02-06-2006, 08:12 PM
do you have a CAD model yet? if so you can do Stereo lith, if not PM Essex502, he is the Pro-e guy to get it done.
your best bet to get a plastics prototype quick is the Stereo-Lith method, you can have usable parts overnight, once the CAD model is done, and you can make overnight changes to get it just right before going to mold :)

Mrs. 4-B
02-06-2006, 08:35 PM
This is exactly what my company is into. We actually mfg the casting resins used for prototypes. PM me and I can give you lots of referrals to companies that can do a great job and won't rape you.

MagicMtnDan
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
This company can do it all for you including taking you into production:
http://www.arrk.com/locations_usa.htm

WetWillie
02-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I have the design completed in SolidWorks. So I am looking for a couple of actual complete trun key working models.

WetWillie
02-06-2006, 08:57 PM
:)

Restless22
02-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Let me know if there are gears involved. I have a great hook up on a gear guy..... :)

BADBLOWN572
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
RiverDave does rapid prototyping and CNC work. They use SLA and other various high tech machines. I would contact him about it. Some of the stuff that I have seen them do are amazing!

ParkerRat
02-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Sounds like there a lot of people on this board in the same business. My company is a product design, prototyping, and Local & Offshore manufactureing company. We work in Solidworks and can do in-house Sheet Metal and machining. We also do a great deal of SLA prototyping for our clients. If you still need someone to help you out with this let me know. You can E-mail me at outsrceng@aol.com

ROZ
02-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Let me know if you have enough production to take it to china... A friend does exactly what you want. The company he sells for makes and assembles cell phones. It's China, though...

WetWillie
02-07-2006, 10:07 PM
It will go to China to be made or be sold. We will see. Do you mind asking him who he uses to do prototyping?
Let me know if you have enough production to take it to china... A friend does exactly what you want. The company he sells for makes and assembles cell phones. It's China, though...

WetWillie
02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I dont think Stereo Litho will work as its pretty brittle.
Matrix down by me is VERY good just to busy..
Anyone else looking for work?? Cant belive I cant find a shop to do this?

ROZ
02-08-2006, 10:22 PM
I forgot.. Sorry, dude... I'll get ahold of him tomorrow...

MagicMtnDan
02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I dont think Stereo Litho will work as its pretty brittle.
Matrix down by me is VERY good just to busy..
Anyone else looking for work?? Cant belive I cant find a shop to do this?
ARRK is down in San Diego - I gave you their info above

WetWillie
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
I have never heard of ARKK can you give me some more info on them? Should i ask for anyone in particular?
Thanks I will try them
Bill