PDA

View Full Version : Weight Distribution Hitch with Surge Brakes

drejustice
04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Not sure if this is the right Section but wtf.
Anybody know of a good WDH that will work with with hydraulic surge breaks? This is for an Extreme Trailer Dual Axle carrying a 26 ultra shadow.
Reason is my hitch says anything over 5000 LBs a WDH is needed.

Hustler
04-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I dont see how it will work. The WD hitch will not let the surge portion of the trailer slide. What kind of hitch is it?

SoCalHD
04-18-2007, 02:02 PM
WDH and surge brakes are mutually exclusive terms........WDH has to be used with electric trailer brakes.

spectras only
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
WD hitch will work on surge brakes with chains/clamps at the end of the bars . I have one .

Outnumbered
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
The people I bought my Cobalt from had this set-up with the chains. I don't use it but they claim it was fine.

shrek
04-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Not sure if this is the right Section but wtf.
Anybody know of a good WDH that will work with with hydraulic surge breaks? This is for an Extreme Trailer Dual Axle carrying a 26 ultra shadow.
Reason is my hitch says anything over 5000 LBs a WDH is needed.
What are you towing with, and what is the tounge weight of your boat?
WDH have nothing to do with the total trailer weight, and everything to do with tounge weight......
Boats generally dont have a huge amount of tounge weight, so you dont see WDH's on boats very often........especially with surge brakes.........but there are some that work.
I use them on my Toyhauler, because it has about 1500-1800 of tounge weight........only drawback to my brand of trailer.......
Shrek