PDA

View Full Version : Out With The Black-in With The Blue

Not So Fast
04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I never got to post any pics and some folks seemed interested so here you go, I know its only an HP 500 but I like it a lot so far.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HP_500_005.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HP_500_0131.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HP_500_021.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HP_500_007.jpg,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/HP_500_006.jpg
Hope these work!!! NSF

shippingguy
04-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Very nice. Congrats, I bet it feels and sounds like a brand new boat.

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
What kinda boat ?

pushnwood
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Very nice. I have the same set up. I like it too.

OutCole'd
04-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Very cool Bobby, looks nice.

MR.rvrluvr
04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
good job NSF... nice refit on the exhaust.:)

Dan Lorenze
04-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Wow, that's nice.... :)

Keith E. Sayre
04-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Bobby: congrats brother, you deserve that blue motor!
You're a very positive influence at our lake with lots of
goodwill and always a smile! Whenever I saw your old
golf cart, I knew that I'd always get a hug and a big grin
and usually some off the wall comment. It made my
trips to the launch ramp funner! Now I have to remember
what type of Rhino you drive instead of the golf cart.????
Have fun with that new power.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Not So Fast
04-18-2007, 04:12 PM
good job NSF... nice refit on the exhaust.:)
Yep, I was seriously wondering about that working out but Fab Plus does outstanding work. It was very tight but came out nice!!
Thanks Keith, your comments mean a lot!!
BTW its the Magic in my sig line. NSF

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 04:15 PM
BTW its the Magic in my sig line. NSF
Duh... It was a joke.

Not So Fast
04-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Oh yeah, many thanks to my son and to my cuz, Scott, who without him it would have never happened, best wrench I know of!!!!!!!!!! NSF

Not So Fast
04-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Duh... It was a joke.
Oh, Ok I get it now, very funny!! I hope you never find a golf cart now:D NSF

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh, Ok I get it now, very funny!! I hope you never find a golf cart now:D NSF
Oh I've found plenty. Just not as nice as yours...

caroftheweek
04-18-2007, 04:25 PM
when i grow up i want a blue motor too:) :D

pushnwood
04-18-2007, 06:13 PM
What is your top speed now? I put the Gatlin mufflers on in January & it droped about 5mph.

soupersonic
04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I have a pair of ONLY HP500 efi's that dynoed at 565HP and 600 ' lbs of torque. :D

Not So Fast
04-19-2007, 07:47 AM
What is your top speed now? I put the Gatlin mufflers on in January & it droped about 5mph.
Then take them OFF, screw that!!! I picked up about 4-5mph top speed but the power curve is what is so much better. :) Now at 4000rpm's I'm at approx. mid fifties with a 26 Bravo also in the mix. I'm very happy with the switch.
I would try the Gibson Bullets next if you have to have muff's, JMO. NSF

atomickitn
04-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Then take them OFF, screw that!!! I picked up about 4-5mph top speed but the power curve is what is so much better. :) Now at 4000rpm's I'm at approx. mid fifties with a 26 Bravo also in the mix. I'm very happy with the switch.
if you are looking for muffs i have a set of the zoomies on mine and they actuly work very well they dont rob hp and sound very well and meet the db noise laws ,also have no sharp edges, all said nice items...

Pussywhippled
04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
I talked to Shawn at Gibson day before yesterday about the clamp-on bullets, and I think that is the direction I'm headed.
My problem is that I have 4 1/2" diameter exhaust tips and 800hp, so the options are narrowed, but he has me convinced.

Not So Fast
04-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I talked to Shawn at Gibson day before yesterday about the clamp-on bullets, and I think that is the direction I'm headed.
My problem is that I have 4 1/2" diameter exhaust tips and 800hp, so the options are narrowed, but he has me convinced.
There has to be a fabricator that could do something to make a nice transition, I was very happy with FabPlus up here, he does outstanding work, not cheap, but good work. You can see in my pics how far off the tailpipes were and how short the distance was to make the change but look how nice they look afterwards IMO. NSF

pushnwood
04-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Do you run the 26 all year? I run my 26 in the spring & a 24 when it starts getting over 100.I was told the Gibsons will slow it down more than the Imco Gatlins.

Not So Fast
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
Do you run the 26 all year? I run my 26 in the spring & a 24 when it starts getting over 100.I was told the Gibsons will slow it down more than the Imco Gatlins.
First off it's hard to believe the Gatlins scrubbed that much speed, I've heard otherwise but you would know best, they are almost straight thru no? The Gibsons from what I know are quieter and are not known for any if at all loss of speed?? Have you had a ticket or just like quiet?? The Gatlins I know for a fact do not pass the noise test as administered by the Nazi's at the Marina!!
I havent had the motor or the prop long enough to answer your question but I'm not expecting to reprop for the summer but then i dont carry a bunch of people either. What size boat do you have, type of hull?? NSF

shueman
04-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Sweet....!!! :cool:

Wmc
04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
nice.. now I'm feeling the blues :cry:

JB in so cal
04-19-2007, 07:01 PM
No kidding!

pushnwood
04-19-2007, 07:28 PM
First off it's hard to believe the Gatlins scrubbed that much speed, I've heard otherwise but you would know best, they are almost straight thru no? The Gibsons from what I know are quieter and are not known for any if at all loss of speed?? Have you had a ticket or just like quiet?? The Gatlins I know for a fact do not pass the noise test as administered by the Nazi's at the Marina!!
I havent had the motor or the prop long enough to answer your question but I'm not expecting to reprop for the summer but then i dont carry a bunch of people either. What size boat do you have, type of hull?? NSF
I know ! I wasnt expecting that loss on the top end, thats one of the reasons I spent the extra money on the gatlins. I normaly have 4-8 people on my boat ,full ice chest & stuff we might not need but we bring it out anyways.I have the same boat you do, thats why I'm so intrested. I have never ben stoped out on the lake & I would like to keep it that way. I rarely go WOT but its nice to know you have some top end if conditions are right.

Not So Fast
04-20-2007, 07:22 AM
I know ! I wasnt expecting that loss on the top end, thats one of the reasons I spent the extra money on the gatlins. I normaly have 4-8 people on my boat ,full ice chest & stuff we might not need but we bring it out anyways.I have the same boat you do, thats why I'm so intrested. I have never ben stoped out on the lake & I would like to keep it that way. I rarely go WOT but its nice to know you have some top end if conditions are right.
As for noise I still believe that unless you are being an asshole on the water you will be left alone by most LEO (except the Marina:mad:) There was a fish cop or such that was hassling the loud boats up in the refuge I hear but rumor has it he's been reassigned???? I'll never go to muff's unless ticketed then clamp-ons so that I can take them off;) My top speed and I'm honest about it (sort of a rarity) with three guys, 3/4 full of gas and no wind to speak of was a little over 72mph, dump out some fat and gas and maybe add 2 mph. I won't stretch it like most do, so thats the truth as I know it. Bobby PS-post a pic of your boat!!!!!!!!!!

Not So Fast
04-20-2007, 07:28 AM
The ingredients are available right now if you want to make a similar switch and I have a buyer for the 496, your call ;) NSF

Jyruiz
04-20-2007, 07:29 AM
As for noise I still believe that unless you are being an asshole on the water you will be left alone by most LEO (except the Marina:mad:) There was a fish cop or such that was hassling the loud boats up in the refuge I hear but rumor has it he's been reassigned???? I'll never go to muff's unless ticketed then clamp-ons so that I can take them off;) My top speed and I'm honest about it (sort of a rarity) with three guys, 3/4 full of gas and no wind to speak of was a little over 72mph, dump out some fat and gas and maybe add 2 mph. I won't stretch it like most do, so thats the truth as I know it. Bobby PS-post a pic of your boat!!!!!!!!!!
Now who would ever stretch there top speed?:D

pushnwood
04-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I agree with you, if your not doing anything wrong they won't mess with you, most of the time(unless your in the chanel).My buddy got a ticket from the fish cop in that exact spot, & thats why I decided to put them on.the Fastest I have had mine is 69 (GPS) with similar conditions as your run.I do have trim tabs & I think they take a few mph off the top end,but I wouldn't trade them to get it back.I don't know how to post pic's, if I see you out I will stop by & say hi. I think 74 is posible with 1 person no gas a little chop & nothing in the boat & a labbed 26. I'm just guessing.

707dog
04-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Now who would ever stretch there top speed?:D
i though you only stretched top speed if the boat was for sale on EBAY...lmao:D

Not So Fast
04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
i though you only stretched top speed if the boat was for sale on EBAY...lmao:D
I can say with a certain degree of knowledge that there are some misinterpreted top speeds being spread around on here AND HOT BOAT or so I've been told?????? I like the saying "the bullshit stops when the flag drops". Of course everybodies boat runs faster in the channel and even more so the longer you sit there :D NSF

OutCole'd
04-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Bobby: congrats brother, you deserve that blue motor!
You're a very positive influence at our lake with lots of
goodwill and always a smile! Whenever I saw your old
golf cart, I knew that I'd always get a hug and a big grin
and usually some off the wall comment. It made my
trips to the launch ramp funner! Now I have to remember
what type of Rhino you drive instead of the golf cart.????
Have fun with that new power.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Thanks Keith, now Bobby's head is not going to fit in his Rhino.....

Not So Fast
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks Keith, now Bobby's head is not going to fit in his Rhino.....
What chu talkin bout Willis, I aint got no swole head. Maybe my belly !!! NSF