PDA

View Full Version : Time to wax up the boat ??

HCS
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
New product. Think I'll give it this stuff a try.
http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?assetId=1114278992931&assetType=MMM_Image&blobAttribute=ImageFile
ST. PAUL, MINN. — October 19, 2005—3M Marine introduces Scotchgard™ Marine Liquid Wax, one of the industry's most durable waxes formulated to provide an exceptionally high gloss that lasts and lasts.
The formula was specifically designed for the harsh marine environment and provides protection from the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays. Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is safe for use on fiberglass, gelcoat, marine topside paints, and marine metals.
"At 3M Marine, we are continuously working to provide improved products to make maintenance and cleaning easier for boaters," said Eric Povitz, consumer and key accounts manager at 3M Marine. "Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is our latest innovation for boaters and they can expect more great products from 3M Marine that will ease maintenance, enhance the durability of boats and the quality of the experience."
Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is available in 500ml and 1L size bottles and can be purchased at most marine retail locations.
The 3M Marine & Specialty Vehicles Department, a global technical service marketing, sales and service team, is dedicated to understanding and serving customers with 3M products and solutions for the marine industry. 3M Marine offers a broad range of market leading products, services and technologies for marine manufacturers, suppliers and consumers. For more information regarding products and services offered by 3M Marine, call 1-877-366-2746 or visit www.3M.com/marine.
About 3M - A Global, Diversified Technology Company
Every day, 3M people find new ways to make amazing things happen. Wherever they are, whatever they do, the companyÂ’s customers know they can rely on 3M to help make their lives better. 3M's brands include Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Vikuiti. Serving customers in more than 200 countries around the world, the companyÂ’s 67,000 people use their expertise, technologies and global strength to lead in major markets including consumer and office; display and graphics; electronics and telecommunications; safety, security and protection services; health care; industrial and transportation. For more information, including the latest product and technology news, visit www.3M.com.
3M, Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Dyneon are trademarks of 3M.

AZKC
04-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Roln20's must have sold his stuff to 3M:D

HCS
04-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Roln20's must have sold his stuff to 3M:D
Very possible. How many times do you see that happen. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

INSman
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
I haven't yet tried Ronl20's wax but do enjoy the Hot Sauce, but I do know and love the wax that BigDoug uses on my boat :D

essexjet
04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/no_fear_hot_sauce.jpg

TrojanDan
04-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Check out West Marine. They had the 500ml on sale for $16 or so and the 1L bottle for $25 last week. I picked up the 1L bottle.

RitcheyRch
04-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I have been using Collinte 845 and have had excellent results from it. Is tough stuff to find and usually end up getting via mail order.

HCS
04-18-2007, 08:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/no_fear_hot_sauce.jpg
You mean like this shit?
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000BVY02M.01-A3QXE6YB22UTPZ._SCLZZZZZZZ_V45518511_SS500_.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-18-2007, 09:12 PM
http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrievalAPI/BlobServlet?assetId=1114278992931&assetType=MMM_Image&blobAttribute=ImageFile
ST. PAUL, MINN. — October 19, 2005—3M Marine introduces Scotchgard™ Marine Liquid Wax, one of the industry's most durable waxes formulated to provide an exceptionally high gloss that lasts and lasts.
The formula was specifically designed for the harsh marine environment and provides protection from the sun's damaging ultraviolet rays. Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is safe for use on fiberglass, gelcoat, marine topside paints, and marine metals.
"At 3M Marine, we are continuously working to provide improved products to make maintenance and cleaning easier for boaters," said Eric Povitz, consumer and key accounts manager at 3M Marine. "Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is our latest innovation for boaters and they can expect more great products from 3M Marine that will ease maintenance, enhance the durability of boats and the quality of the experience."
Scotchgard Marine Liquid Wax is available in 500ml and 1L size bottles and can be purchased at most marine retail locations.
The 3M Marine & Specialty Vehicles Department, a global technical service marketing, sales and service team, is dedicated to understanding and serving customers with 3M products and solutions for the marine industry. 3M Marine offers a broad range of market leading products, services and technologies for marine manufacturers, suppliers and consumers. For more information regarding products and services offered by 3M Marine, call 1-877-366-2746 or visit www.3M.com/marine.
About 3M - A Global, Diversified Technology Company
Every day, 3M people find new ways to make amazing things happen. Wherever they are, whatever they do, the companyÂ’s customers know they can rely on 3M to help make their lives better. 3M's brands include Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Vikuiti. Serving customers in more than 200 countries around the world, the companyÂ’s 67,000 people use their expertise, technologies and global strength to lead in major markets including consumer and office; display and graphics; electronics and telecommunications; safety, security and protection services; health care; industrial and transportation. For more information, including the latest product and technology news, visit www.3M.com.
3M, Scotch, Post-it, Scotchgard, Thinsulate, Scotch-Brite, Filtrete, Command and Dyneon are trademarks of 3M.
when your done with yours .. you can start ours.. :D

BigDoug
04-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Here's a tip for you "do it yourselfers" out there......................the key to any wax is the preparation you do to your boat................such as buffing or color sanding for a brilliant shine and luster..............then you can put on a generic wax and it will look good...........or you can put on a quality wax and it will look even better, you can litterally spit shine your boat cause it was already prepped, you get the picture, this is the key !!
Collinite is very good and durable as long as you prepped.
Turtle wax is good for the same reasons as above.
My wax is made for us for our conditions out here (Havasu) heat, hard water spotting and black vehicles.......this is a quality product with amazing results and 100% carnuba (no it will not melt in the Havasu sun)......there are many grades of carnuba as well, so buy from a reputable company !!.......Doug :)

HCS
04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Here's a tip for you "do it yourselfers" out there......................the key to any wax is the preparation you do to your boat................such as buffing or color sanding for a brilliant shine and luster..............then you can put on a generic wax and it will look good...........or you can put on a quality wax and it will look even better, you can litterally spit shine your boat cause it was already prepped, you get the picture, this is the key !!
My wax is made for us for our conditions out here (Havasu) heat, hard water spotting and black vehicles.......this is a quality product with amazing results and 100% carnuba (no it will not melt in the Havasu sun)......there are many grades of carnuba as well, so buy from a reputable company !!.......Doug :)
What I run into with my boat is that I always have to rub out the whole boat with a cleaner wax then buff out the bad spots or buff the whole boat lightly.
Then apply a good Carnuba wax over the top. It usually takes me a day and twelve pack of beer to get it done.
Of course when I do MRS. FLYIN VEE'S boat it will take alot longer because their boat is so big.
I also want to make sure and use a good wax so I don't burn their gel coat. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

TOBTEK
04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I haven't yet tried Ronl20's wax but do enjoy the Hot Sauce, but I do know and love the wax that BigDoug uses on my boat :D
try the Quicky Wax... you will dig it :)

essexjet
04-19-2007, 10:54 AM
try the Quicky Wax... you will dig it :)
The pro sauce is awesome :D

One Particular Harbor
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Doug, for us do-it-yourself-ers, what wax are you using now? And, can we purchase some from you?
Thanks,
OPH

ChumpChange
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Do you do color sanding in your details?

IMPATIENT 1
04-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Here's another tip:
Before you start "waxing your boat" make sure the bathroom door is locked! :redface:
:D :D :D :D
:D LOL

BigDoug
04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, you can buy my wax and spray wax as well, send me a pm and i'll get back to ya !! :D

BigDoug
04-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Matt, we do color sanding in our details but your gonna pay for it $$$$$$$$ i typically like to do them as winter projects cause i get so busy in the warmer months. :D

dicudmore
04-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Matt, we do color sanding in our details but your gonna pay for it $$$$$$$$ i typically like to do them as winter projects cause i get so busy in the warmer months. :D
first time you claim to be too busy to get to MY boat we might have a problem Mr. :D

BigDoug
04-19-2007, 08:31 PM
You sir, are way outta line Danielson........................you know your taken care of brother !! :D