PDA

View Full Version : BoatsNBlondes.......

Kachina26
04-18-2007, 06:53 PM
I hope it wasn't you, if it was, I'm sure it was a pit owner. :idea:
San Francisco Chronicle
Amtrak engineer dragged off train, assaulted
Michael Cabanatuan
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
* Printable Version
* Email This Article
(04-17) 19:44 PDT -- The engineer of an Amtrak Capitol Corridor train was seriously injured Monday night in West Sacramento after a group of people forced the train to stop, dragged the engineer from the train and assaulted him with rocks and bottles, according to Capitol Corridor officials.
The attack occurred as the train from the Bay Area neared the I Street Bridge to Sacramento's rail station and slowed for a signal, said Eugene Skoropowski, managing director of the Capitol Corridor, said. A group of people stood on the tracks to block the train, which stopped. When the engineer went downstairs and opened the door, he was dragged off the train and assaulted, Skoropowski said.
The engineer, who was taken by ambulance to UC-Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, suffered head injuries and possible internal injuries, he said. He remains hospitalized.
Skoropowski is calling for more police patrols in the area, for all vegetation around the rails to be removed, for federal agencies to consider filing federal charges in the case, for Union Pacific Railroad to take steps to speed trains through the area and for additional security measures, including night-vision cameras.

boatsnblondes
04-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Nope, not me. But a good friend....maybe engineers can get CCW's like pilots???

Boatcop
04-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Maybe a case of mistaken identity.
Where was Bilge last night?
:D

HavaSkank
04-18-2007, 07:17 PM
What the hell? Sounds like a cheesey wild-wild west movie. I had no idea people were holding up trains since the invent of car jacking.
How retro

soupersonic
04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Just dont stop, they will move off the tracks one way or another :D :D

angry dad
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Glad it wasnt you bro!
We all should be armed..........

boatsnblondes
04-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Well the story I heard goes like this...the engineer was at restricted speed...for you non railroad types..restricted speed is ANY speed that allows you to stop within half the range of vision, but NOT exceeding 20mph...so if you see something 100 feet ahead of you, you need to be going a speed that will stop you in 50 feet, GET IT? Good. So, he is doing RS, and he sees a guy standing between the rails ahead of him, and stops the train. Thinking this is a suicide or something, he gets down to get the guys out of the way. When he got down there, he got jumped. HE got hurt, but busted a guys nose in the process....theres a discussion going on in circles about whether or not getting down was prudent....not sure I would not have done the same thing.....hope this clarifies things a little.....

Rexone
04-18-2007, 08:24 PM
2 words
throttle up. :)

Jordy
04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
2 words
2 more words: TRAIN HORN!!! :D :D :D

Baja Big Dog
04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
2 more words: TRAIN HORN!!! :D :D :D
Yea right Jordy, and the next thing you know his knee's are broken!!!!:D

lewiville
04-18-2007, 10:16 PM
ahhh three words 1. dont 2. get 3. out

RitcheyRch
04-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Sad news indeed. Would have been better stopping the train and calling the police. Hopefully he is ok and they catch the others.

Kachina26
04-19-2007, 05:18 AM
2 more words, thump then dump.
Glad it wasn't you, sad it was one of us.

Jbb
04-19-2007, 05:34 AM
2 words
Indeed ......plowing right thru them....would have sent a message....:D
blow the horn.......after the fact...

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Well, usually I won't stop, and I can't stop, either by physics or I just don't care. I'm not sure why he got down, most likely, after taking time to think about it, given the area, I most likely would have called the cops..but that is ME, I can't speak to my buddy, I was not there....conversation for another day....just glad he's ok....BTW, the guys they caught are being tried as adults...and, not sure most people know, but doing ANYTHING to interfere with an engineer, much less assaulting them, is a FEDERAL crime, from what I hear, he's in serious trouble, along with attmepetd murder charges.....

Jbb
04-19-2007, 05:55 AM
Cowcatcher justice......:jawdrop:

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Snowplow justice, cowcatchers are from steam engines......:D

Jbb
04-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Snowplow justice, cowcatchers are from steam engines......:D
Jbb>>>>>>>Old school....:D

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 06:09 AM
Jbb>>>>>>>Old school....:D
Not to hijack the thread, but since your up, whats the story about the German sub pic over in Kodack moments?? are there more shots of it? You got a link???

Jbb
04-19-2007, 06:11 AM
Not to hijack the thread, but since your up, whats the story about the German sub pic over in Kodack moments?? are there more shots of it? You got a link???
That information is classified.....:D

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 06:15 AM
That information is classified.....:D
Sigh, OK....

Debbolas
04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Do you all remember the idiot that held up a train with a bow and ONE arrow?:D

SB
04-19-2007, 06:40 AM
No, but I do remember Butch and Sundance having an argument over whether you need at least 4 people to rob a train.

Debbolas
04-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Some guy here in So Cal held up a train with a bow and ONE arrow.
(I forget what city)
It was awhile ago, the men in the white coats took him away.
I bet Kachina26 knows about it :D

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Some guy here in So Cal held up a train with a bow and ONE arrow.
(I forget what city)
It was awhile ago, the men in the white coats took him away.
I bet Kachina26 knows about it :D
That was over in Montclair, I was on duty that night, and got held out around Pomona blocking every crossing in downtown for three hours while they played with wizzo the wonder kid....he was a Mexican who wanted to hijack the train to take him BACK to MExico....that they should ALL do that...:D

mobldj
04-19-2007, 06:45 AM
hit them in the head with a knuckle pin,that should slow them down

Debbolas
04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
That was over in Montclair, I was on duty that night, and got held out around Pomona blocking every crossing in downtown for three hours while they played with wizzo the wonder kid....he was a Mexican who wanted to hijack the train to take him BACK to MExico....that they should ALL do that...:D
That's the one!!
Back to Mexico???
Do our tracks even run in that direction? :D
It just cracked me up that he had ONE arrow ;)

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 06:50 AM
That's the one!!
Back to Mexico???
He had one arrow, and the tracks going out past Glamis, on down to Yuma and out towards Texas via Tucson eventually go so close to the border you could toss him over the fence from the cab window.....close enough for government work, as they say....:D

Kachina26
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
That's the one!!
Back to Mexico???
Just catch the BARSDG , it runs right to downtown San Diego with cars bound for TJ.

Desert Rat
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
2 words
Three words 1. Shoot 2. Shovel 3. Shut up

Desert Rat
04-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Damn Double post