PDA

View Full Version : Lakers get their roster back and....

AirtimeLavey
04-18-2007, 09:43 PM
...look at the results. They're playing well, again. Or, I should say starting to play well again. Many players playing injured, but out there at least, and that's making a huge difference. Obviously, as it's been said over and over, too bad the injuries cost them this season, but it looks like they may show up with something for the playoffs.
Liked having Kwame back giving a presence in the middle, and Farmar's doing a good job starting. Playoffs are going to be interesting. With Kwame in the middle, we have a shot against Phx. Bring it on....Go Lake show!

dmontzsta
04-18-2007, 10:20 PM
yup, just wish they had more time together before the playoffs.
I hope it is a good 7 game series.

Pussywhippled
04-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I heard through some inside sources that Don Imus has been hired as the Lakers new scout and he was talking about signing some "nappy-headed hos".

JetBoatRich
04-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Lets see how they do handle the playoffs:rolleyes: it would be nice to see them show up for every game:D

Jyruiz
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Here is hoping for a good turn out, I don't see them getting past the first round, but it would be nice if they could make it a 7 game series.

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 07:45 AM
Here is hoping for a good turn out, I don't see them getting past the first round, but it would be nice if they could make it a 7 game series.
There is that doubt, just because they lost last year. BUT the suns do not play defense, so if you can some how slow down their quick offensive production, you can beat them. (As I am sure you already know) :)
The Lakers average holding them under 100 points and the Laker coaching staff has really studied the suns over the past few years. I was watching the coaching clinic and PJ and the staff were showing the fans all of the plays that the suns like to run.
Based on all of the regular season games, I think it will be close.

jdogginla
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
They don't stand a chance against the suns.......sorry bitter clipper fan and Laker, Dodger and Raider hater speaking the truth!
Atleast the Clips will get a lottery pick. Suns in 5 games :D

AirtimeLavey
04-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Lets see how they do handle the playoffs:rolleyes: it would be nice to see them show up for every game:D
That will be key. So far, they haven't done that this season.
There is that doubt, just because they lost last year. BUT the suns do not play defense, so if you can some how slow down their quick offensive production, you can beat them. (As I am sure you already know) :)
The Lakers average holding them under 100 points and the Laker coaching staff has really studied the suns over the past few years. I was watching the coaching clinic and PJ and the staff were showing the fans all of the plays that the suns like to run.
I think your right. If they show up every game, and if Kwame can get back in the middle, I think Lakers have a shot at it. No way they'll be swept.

STLRFAN
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
This should be a good series. If the Lakers can split in PHX this weekend, they have a good chance for the upset.

acatitude
04-19-2007, 12:13 PM
There is that doubt, just because they lost last year. BUT the suns do not play defense, ) :)
guess what the lakers dont play much defense either.. hope stoudamier doesnt break the backboards with all his dunks ,....:D

eliminatedsprinter
04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Lakers can muster up some D and make it an interesting series. As is my habbit, I'll make no predictions and just watch the games...:) As long as I have no money on them, I can enjoy the games no matter what the outcome...:D

eliminatedsprinter
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
guess what the lakers dont play much defense either.. hope stoudamier doesnt break the backboards with all his dunks ,....:D
No teams in the league play much defense these days. That's why teams that play like Alex English's old Nuggets team are winning twice as many games as they ever could...:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 01:08 PM
But the Lakers can and have played some great defense when they clicked.
Stoudamier? Turiaf had that boy COVERED last time.

MayDaze
04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
All the pressure is on the Suns the Lakers have nothing to lose which makes them dangerous. Should be interesting

Jordy
04-19-2007, 01:44 PM
BUT the suns do not play defense, so if you can some how slow down their quick offensive production, you can beat them. (As I am sure you already know) :)
Yeah, how many games behind the Suns were the Lakers this year??? And how much over .500 did the Lakers end up??? I know, let the excuses start rolling. You should probably just cut and paste all the bullshit and save some wear and tear on your keyboard. Hell, I'm sure the keyboard could type it on its' own by now, for as many excuses as it's heard all year. :notam:

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, how many games behind the Suns were the Lakers this year??? And how much over .500 did the Lakers end up??? I know, let the excuses start rolling. You should probably just cut and paste all the bullshit and save some wear and tear on your keyboard. Hell, I'm sure the keyboard could type it on its' own by now, for as many excuses as it's heard all year. :notam:
Look at the post above by MayDaze. This says it all...let the pressure roll, the Lakers have everyone back now and are having lots of fun and it showed in the Sacramento game last night.

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Check out this video I just found of Shaq vs a 17 year old Andrew Bynum. Shaq gets pissed and throws a swing at him lol, I remember this game. I think it was the first time they had met.
BTW: Do you think Shaq commited an over the back foul? :)

acatitude
04-19-2007, 04:23 PM
dont know what games you guys were watching saying they are back and have team together and playing good last 2 games..... who did they beat seattle without allen and coudnt pull away from the kings benxh players till late in 4th quarter.... and im noty hating im just seeing a team that is coming back from injuries and not together and no interior defense. kobe will be Kobe but he has no one to help..... suns in 6 or 5 . had fun against Kings???... get real Don. the kings have been playing their bench the last 4 games with only artest playing the 4th quarter....... good luck against the suns

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
dont know what games you guys were watching saying they are back and have team together and playing good last 2 games..... who did they beat seattle without allen and coudnt pull away from the kings benxh players till late in 4th quarter.... and im noty hating im just seeing a team that is coming back from injuries and not together and no interior defense. kobe will be Kobe but he has no one to help..... suns in 6 or 5 . had fun against Kings???... get real Don. the kings have been playing their bench the last 4 games with only artest playing the 4th quarter....... good luck against the suns
They are not 100%, BUT they are back for the first time this year.

acatitude
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
They are not 100%, BUT they are back for the first time this year.
Ok lets say they are all back for the first time, do you think they just walk out there and click??? no way, there is an adjustment period to them playing together and they dont have any time. They better just give Kobe the ball and hope he scores a 100 before barbossa decks him a couple times...:D

DILLIGAF
04-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Jesus Christ......Forget about the injuries and go get your butt whipped by PHX. Adios Lakers :)

DILLIGAF
04-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Atleast the Clips will get a lottery pick. Suns in 5 games :D
I hope they package their pick and Minn that we get (if not in the top 10) along with maybe kaman and get a player of substance.

dmontzsta
04-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Jesus Christ......Forget about the injuries and go get your butt whipped by PHX. Adios Lakers :)
You amaze me, your team doesnt make the playoffs, yet you STILL hate on the Lakers. :D

Jordy
04-19-2007, 08:49 PM
You amaze me, your team doesnt make the playoffs, yet you STILL hate on the Lakers. :D
And your team was BARELY better than the Clippers and you're still making excuses... :notam:

DILLIGAF
04-19-2007, 09:13 PM
And your team was BARELY better than the Clippers and you're still making excuses... :notam:
Send him over the edge Jordy :)

Jordy
04-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Send him over the edge Jordy :)
Anyone want to take wagers on who I can get to stroke out first, Dmexcuse boy or Spammit??? :D :D :D

DILLIGAF
04-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I am placing my money on Insane :). PHX is an 11 point fav in the first game

Jordy
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I am placing my money on Insane :). PHX is an 11 point fav in the first game
I don't know though Tom, Spammit had a pretty rough day and I've still got a stalker ace in the hole that has never been played. Insane knows the Lakers suck, at least deep down he does. ;)

DILLIGAF
04-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't know though Tom, Spammit had a pretty rough day and I've still got a stalker ace in the hole that has never been played. Insane knows the Lakers suck, at least deep down he does. ;)
I don't know...Insane has been on suicide watch before over this Laker shit. Hmmmm, got me thinking a bit though. I better check it out with my bookie first.

AirtimeLavey
04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Anyone want to take wagers on who I can get to stroke out first, Dmexcuse boy or Spammit??? :D :D :D
Hmmm.....didn't ever think this thread would go this direction with haters making wagers on who they're going to "stroke" first. :confused: ;)
Haters get so flustered when the Lakers just keep going....:D