PDA

View Full Version : Idiot-proof table saw?

yopengo
04-19-2007, 07:23 AM
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bfd_1176295520 :D

phebus
04-19-2007, 07:26 AM
Barely left a mark on his wiener. :D

ovrkll77
04-19-2007, 07:27 AM
wow, you would only need a few stiches, and you can keep your finger

Pjones2
04-19-2007, 07:31 AM
For those folks that juuuust can't keep their
weeney off the table saw.
Great invention, surprised someone hasn't made it
mandatory.

Pussywhippled
04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Now that's amazing...
But will it cut as good as my Powermatic ?

HammerDown
04-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Very cool!
But he should demonstrate it with his own finger, ya know more convincing :D
PS. my luck it wouldn't work, and I then be known as Ray-the-Hook.

yopengo
04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Barely left a mark on his wiener. :D
:D :eek: :D

boatsnblondes
04-19-2007, 10:45 AM
still, impressive....is it widespread in the marketplace yet????

YeLLowBoaT
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Those things are a joke... and the guy is a fooking crook.
1st, even a small cut like what was shown on teh hot dog is moren then enough to take a finger off( or cuase enough damage that it can not be repaired)
2nd... the system they use to stop the blade will go off if there is a large voltage drop or you hit something hard( like nail, rock, dirt, or nasty knot)
3rd every time it go off it cost you ~$90 for the part that blew.( they don't tell you that. sucks if you have to wait 2 weeks to finish a cut)
( I had a friend that owns a cabinet shop that spent about 10k with this guy on new saws hoping his comp would go down...it did, but the saws were a POS. he ended up having to sue the company over all the probs he had with them. ( Its still not been to court) The saws themselfs are a POS.
now on to owner of the company. about 3-4 years ago he tried to make it a federal law that all table saws sold had to come with a "safety device" like what he had designed... he has a patten on it ( the one were its on the concept not the design) so only he could supply them for the next 25 years...
For the most part if you lose a finger/hand in a table saw it was your fault... you put something some where it should not have been.
I've always said... if its so "safe" why don't you put your finger on the table.( I actaully asked that at a demo at a trade show...)

Tom Brown
04-19-2007, 11:25 AM
2nd... the system they use to stop the blade will go off if there is a large voltage drop or you hit something hard( like nail, rock, dirt, or nasty knot)
That is not how they work. I could understand a particularly moist piece of wood triggering the safety mechanism but not a knot.
I had a friend that owns a cabinet shop....
Be honest. You don't really have a friend, do you?

Tom Brown
04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
So even with any silly safety deal in place, you have to be safe too.
Amen.
What wood worker has not been hurt by table saw kick back?

YeLLowBoaT
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
That is not how they work. I could understand a particularly moist piece of wood triggering the safety mechanism but not a knot.
Be honest. You don't really have a friend, do you?
how it works is when it detects a certin vibration or a eletric current in the blade( if you read the info about it, it has a "lock out" for when your cutting metal so that it does not blow)...it shorts out a circuit that stops the blade and applys the brake...
If you would like I can give you his name, address, CL number and phone number... I went to hs with his son( who was also a work out partner in HS), he was also a one of my coachs at the hs and colegiate levels...

YeLLowBoaT
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Amen.
What wood worker has not been hurt by table saw kick back?
One that has never used a table saw...( they are out there)
I've got a nice scare on my leg from a kick back...(I had a sheet of acrylic kick back then shatter.) Put a piece of plastic thru my jeans and into my quad.