PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a good mechanics in the OC???

barbigrl
04-19-2007, 07:45 AM
My brakes are totally shot! I need to get them fixed this weekend but do not know of any decent mechanics in the central OC area (i.e., HB, Newport, Orange) I don't want to get ripped off. :(
THANK YOU!! :D

riverbound
04-19-2007, 07:58 AM
My brakes are totally shot! I need to get them fixed this weekend but do not know of any decent mechanics in the central OC area (i.e., HB, Newport, Orange) I don't want to get ripped off. :(
Doesnt your cousin own a shop in Orange:confused:

Mr. Crusader 83
04-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Call Mikes Automotive in Mission Viejo
949-768-5232
He does alot of brake jobs, he will use slotted rotors. they last about 10k miles longer. Stand up guy. He looks like santa. Tell him Sean sent you.

riverratrob
04-19-2007, 08:27 AM
I own a shop in H.B and I do brakes I price at 135.00 p&l . Located at 5841 warner ave, cross street springdale .Im located next to Rite Aide and the car wash .Shop name is Quik Change my name is Rob call for App 714/840/2331

Kiddunot
04-19-2007, 08:40 AM
i believe they have a inhouse mechanic that will do it on the side for you.

barbigrl
04-19-2007, 09:02 AM
Doesnt your cousin own a shop in Orange:confused:
Yes but they are ALWAYS busy tricking out their friends rides and crap. They would need my car for a whole weekend just to fit it in. I just want to pull up somewhere and get it done!

barbigrl
04-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I own a shop in H.B and I do brakes I price at 135.00 p&l . Located at 5841 warner ave, cross street springdale .Im located next to Rite Aide and the car wash .Shop name is Quik Change my name is Rob call for App 714/840/2331
I know exactly where you are. You open on the weekends??

Mr. Crusader 83
Yes but they are ALWAYS busy tricking out their friends rides and crap. They would need my car for a whole weekend just to fit it in. I just want to pull up somewhere and get it done!
Call mike. You wont have a problem at all.

Jbb
I just want to pull up somewhere and get it done!
Jordy?......:D

barbigrl
04-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Call mike. You wont have a problem at all.
The only thing is I dont want to drive all the way to MV to get my brakes done.... I will call him too!! Thanks!! :D

Jordy
04-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Jordy?......:D
What did I do now??? :D :D :D

Cole Trickle
04-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Just trade in your car and buy a new one:D:devil:
OC girls don't get Break jobs they get Boob jobs;):D :jawdrop:

NOTALENT
04-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Just trade in your car and buy a new one:D:devil:
OC girls don't get Break jobs they get Boob jobs;):D :jawdrop:
HAHA..... and fake bake!:D

riverratrob
04-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes saturday is always a better day but call cuz we get buzy early

riverratrob
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey after reading your post I saw that you said they are shot do you mean metal to metal or just a light scraping noise. If your rotors are shot I need to know what kinda rig you are driving so I can give you a accurate quote

Windy
04-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Nice...were 5 minutes from you...Next time we need service we'll give you a call.

riverratrob
04-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Nice...were 5 minutes from you...Next time we need service we'll give you a call.Thanks hope to see ya soon.

BADBLOWN572
04-19-2007, 11:49 AM
That is actually a very good price right there. I trust that quote is for the front and back with rotors being turned?
Hopefully if it is your 1st or 2nd break job on the car you will have enough rotor left to have it turned. That is if you haven't waited too long and taken the rotor down too far. If that is the case, be prepared, it will be $$$. :( Make sure that you do PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE on the car. Little $ upfront will save you a lot of $ on the back end!!!

barbigrl
04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
That is actually a very good price right there. I trust that quote is for the front and back with rotors being turned?
Hopefully if it is your 1st or 2nd break job on the car you will have enough rotor left to have it turned. That is if you haven't waited too long and taken the rotor down too far. If that is the case, be prepared, it will be $$$. :( Make sure that you do PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE on the car. Little $ upfront will save you a lot of $ on the back end!!!
THey sound AWFUL! The dealer told me a few weeks ago that they were on their sensors and that I needed them changed ASAP. I had a friend who is a mechanic (Ryan) take apart my car to check it out. He said they were fine.....I want another opinion!! :sqeyes:

78Eliminator
04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Most rotors on new cars are practically designed to only last for one set of brakes. Every car I do it seems like they are out of spec and need to be replaced. Of course, the prices have come way down on a set of new rotors, but it still seems like a waste.