PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Lancaster, Ca?

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I have a problem with a parts place there, and if someone local could pay them a friendly visit, it would be appreciated. Basically, the guy is playing games, and not shipping parts. It's kinda tough for me to run over there, give or take 2600 miles, to resolve this. :mad:
PM for relevent details, if you can help.
Thanks

blown dough
04-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I have a problem with a parts place there, and if someone local could pay them a friendly visit, it would be appreciated. Basically, the guy is playing games, and not shipping parts. It's kinda tough for me to run over there, give or take 2600 miles, to resolve this. :mad:
Thanks
Me, whats up???

JetBoatRich
04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
we can help, just got a new bat:D

yopengo
04-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Thanks
So whats the deal? We need more dirt today...:D

blown dough
04-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks
check your pms I need more info and I can take care of this, I am in the auto business in this area and have some influence

79 HUSTLER
04-19-2007, 11:32 AM
R&E racing???

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 11:36 AM
The guy claims to have a quantity of parts, and has been delivering them to other buyers, but has not shipped mine yet, since 3-30-07. He has delivered to others that I have contacted, over a week ago, that purchased after I did. He tells me he is still in the process of "making the part", and will ship it when it's done. He does not make the part. Pertronix makes it. And they told me they have sufficient stock to ship to anyone who is a dealer. This guy is not an authorized reseller, I found out from Pertronix the other day. What pisses me off even more, is he tells me I'm stupid and can't read.
Blown dough- you got PM. Thanks
eBay auction # 270103320121

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 11:39 AM
R&E racing???
West Coast VW Cores, AKA Volkswagen Products
42540 6th St E Ste D.
Lancaster, Ca.
661-726-9915

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 11:40 AM
So whats the deal? We need more dirt today...:D
Yes- Dirt is good! Where's the popcorn? :D

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
I just sent this message to the guy.
Attn: John Jeffrey, or John Moe, or whatever your real name is,
I got an email from another buyer who purchased the identical item, Pertronix ML-181, from this same auction, after I did. I paid you 3-30-07. He paid you 4-02-07, and got his part 4-12-07. It is now 4-19-07. What is the delay? Where is my part? You keep saying you are still making mine. You, sir, are a liar. You have shipped the same part to several other buyers as well. Ship my part or send me a full refund immediately. You have run out of phony excuses. I have filed a complaint with Square Deal, eBay, PayPal, and the BBB. I have every email you sent to me, as well as all that I sent to you.
Thank You, Dave

Flyinbowtie
04-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Delaware;
I don't know if your a member of thesamba.com, but the place you're having a problem with has a history of problems listed in the "buyer and seller feedback" forum.
Might be worth posting up over there, if you are new to that place there are lots of good vendors listed there, FWIW..

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I looked at his feedback first, but it isn't that bad til you start digging farther into it. The dates the item sold, vs the date delivered, is quite different. I saw, after the fact, of course, that most who bought the Pertronix, were waiting for delivery 4 to 6 weeks. Some got theirs in one week. What I don't understand, is how so many people give him good feedback after waiting that long. And- some of his feedback is real suspicous. One guy posted 11 positive feedbacks in less than one minute, and all were different! And his feedback for my seller, was from a sale on Jan 30, 07! Why did he wait so long? And how did he leave 11 comments, for 11 different sellers, in one minute? User 50shdow. Interesting- all of a sudden, the auction says to pay for the item. Maybe he just refunded my money. I'll be back!

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 12:39 PM
It seems West Coast VW Cores has decided to refund my money. Thanks to anyone who may have contacted them. If I can be of assistance on this side of the country, I'm here.
Thank you all, and to all a good night! :D

blown dough
04-19-2007, 12:49 PM
It seems West Coast VW Cores has decided to refund my money. Thanks to anyone who may have contacted them. If I can be of assistance on this side of the country, I'm here.
Thank you all, and to all a good night! :D
DD- I did personally called myself and had some very unatrractive words, with him. He was very sarcastic with me but changed his tune when I told him who I was and with who. I am glad to see he changed his mind.

blown dough
04-19-2007, 01:03 PM
The guy I a spoke with was so awful, I hope no one else has the same problem

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks. His emails were very sarcastic to me, as well. I spoke with someone on the phone, 4-02, and tried to cancel the order. They said I had to cancel in writing, so I did so immediately. He then told me I couldn't cancel, and that he was in the process of "making my part".
Thank you again for your efforts. Hot Boat is a far reaching network, and the members make it all worthwhile.
Thanks, DD
I did just get another email from him wanting to know who purchased the same item. I told him to check the auction, and it lists the purchases, dates, and names. He can look it up himself.

a catered life
04-19-2007, 01:51 PM
dam i missed out on this:mad:

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 02:02 PM
dam i missed out on this:mad:
You sure did! Better luck next time, lol. :D

THATJEFFGUY
04-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Speaking of the Lancaster area.....
I need a good pool service guy for a property in Rosamond....anyone ??
Sorry..didn't mean to hijack :D

79 HUSTLER
04-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Speaking of the Lancaster area.....
I need a good pool service guy for a property in Rosamond....anyone ??
Sorry..didn't mean to hijack :D
Yes, let me talk to my neighbor who just had his pool done by a new comp. in cal city. His pool is amazing and he has had nothing but great things to say about them.. I will get his number and name in just a few..

ULTRA28
04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm just getting ready to leave for Lancaster in about an hour. Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to go from San Diego. I think the 5 is shorter, but I'm worried about traffic in LA. I was wondering if the 15 and then cutting through Palmdale would be better.

Hustler
04-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm just getting ready to leave for Lancaster in about an hour. Anybody have any suggestions on the best way to go from San Diego. I think the 5 is shorter, but I'm worried about traffic in LA. I was wondering if the 15 and then cutting through Palmdale would be better.
It's pretty much a coin toss John. Are you headed out to go race the carts?

ULTRA28
04-19-2007, 04:37 PM
It's pretty much a coin toss John. Are you headed out to go race the carts?
Yeah, the boys are racing this weekend at AV fairgrounds. We'll be staying there from tonight through Sunday. Are you guys coming to the CORR races?

yopengo
04-19-2007, 04:38 PM
The traffic should be over by the time you get to LA. I would vote the 5. Once you get to the OC you will have choices to get around downtown.