PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a hook up on these??

dumbandyoung
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
http://www.rollingbigpower.com/products/?sfID1=16&sfID2=20&productID=26
or these??
http://volantperformance.com/s/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=149
volant doesnt make the turbo back so i would rather have the RBP. Anyone get these at wholesale and can hook a brotha up?

2ndIINoneMotorsports.com
04-19-2007, 01:23 PM
give me an email at js2ndiinone@aol.com and I can give you a price...Thanks
Jon

dumbandyoung
04-19-2007, 02:21 PM
email sent

STV_Keith
04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Remember, little to no power gain on these trucks with airbox and exhaust. All the power and mileage comes from a box/programmer.

dumbandyoung
04-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Remember, little to no power gain on these trucks with airbox and exhaust. All the power and mileage comes from a box/programmer.
Ive heard that guys notice the difference with a good turbo back exhaust and intake. I just wanna get rid of that spooling up feeling when i punch the gas. I Need a little more throttle response and Id like to try and get a little more exhaust sound, the diesels dont put out much.

STV_Keith
04-19-2007, 03:37 PM
You need a programmer or a box then. Changing the fuel delivery is the only way to get them to spool noticeably quicker.

sigepmock
04-19-2007, 04:27 PM
You need a programmer or a box then. Changing the fuel delivery is the only way to get them to spool noticeably quicker.
I agree.....the free flowing exhaust is nice to have with the programmer......but if I had to choose I'd go programmer first.
For me the only noticable gain from the intake or exhaust was when my "Cat" ran away :D
Good luck,
Chris

riverroyal
04-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I wouldnt do anything,not worth the money,,ive done it

STV_Keith
04-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I wouldnt do anything,not worth the money,,ive done it
Then you did something wrong. :)

dumbandyoung
04-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Well thats whats wrong right there. You're using the wrong fuel! lol Couldnt resist.
haha i mean fuel. lol
So you think I should just do an Edge programmer instead? Hell, there about the same price

Kaotic
04-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Definately get the programmer first. I am on my 3rd Dodge diesel, and the programmer will give you much more HP, and mpg depending on the setting that you down load then any other performance add on with the diesel.
I just loaded up the predator 100 RWHP for my megacab, and this truck flat hauls and that is with 37" tires. I do have to watch the stock auto on the Dodge which seems to be the weak link when adding more power to them.

06f250sd
04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Dont get the edge programmer; get an SCT...read up on them and the edge here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12 The SCT will smoke the edge and it is a MUCH safer tuner but the SCT is not a on the fly tuner, it will take 10mins or so to load but it is MUCH safer. Definately get an exhaust before the tuner, it will help with your egt's. The stock intake is fine unless you plan on putting a new turbo etc. on the truck to make some real horsepower, the only thing you will gain is noise and a filter that doesnt block as much as the stock one. You will probably end up getting a little more turbo lag with an exhaust since it is a bigger diameter pipe. A lot of people will run the stock exhaust and run a cat and muffler delete pipes. I'd stick with either the mbrp or rbp exhaust....there are a TON of aftermarket parts for your diesel just do some research before you buy.

STV_Keith
04-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Dont get the edge programmer; get an SCT...read up on them and the edge here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12 The SCT will smoke the edge and it is a MUCH safer tuner but the SCT is not a on the fly tuner, it will take 10mins or so to load but it is MUCH safer.
So, you say the SCT makes more power and will "smoke" the Edge product, but yet it's also safer? How is that exactly? More fuel = more power = more EGT. Please explain to what regard you are referring.
Definately get an exhaust before the tuner, it will help with your egt's.
So are the EGT's a problem stock? If not, why do the exhaust first?

06f250sd
04-22-2007, 04:50 PM
The safest part about the SCT is that it changes and smooths out the trans, compared to the edge. The SCT will make more power because of the tunes that you can get, whoever supplies the tuner can send you their custom tunes to your email (if you want to go with a custom tune) and all you have to do is download them into the programmer. All you have to do is search through thedieselgarage and you will find the answer; I never said the edge was a shitty product, just that the sct is safer. Here are some quotes after about 5 mins of searching, some like the edge and some the SCT.
And I worded the exhaust part incorrectly, if you are going to get a tuner get an exhaust; it will help with the higher EGT's.
"I've never read anybody claiming that the SCT is better for the engine, they claim it's better for the tranny. I do believe that. My tranny smoothed out alot when I switched over to the SCT. I used to have issues with it searching for a gear and bucking at times. I've never had any issue with the SCT.
As far as the switching on the fly, I tow too. It only takes about 2-3 minutes to switch programs once it has been done the first time. No big deal at all."
"i used to have the Edge with the Attitude. It was fun but many people consider it a Trans killer. I didnt hammer my truck and kept the setting at level 2 so I wasnt throwing alot to it all the time. Therefore, I had no problems with mine. The advantage of the EDGE is that its a complete package, power, (5 setting you can change on the fly) all the guages you need are on the monitor. The trans settings are very limited . I changed to an SCT and The performance is so much better than the EDGE. Much better trans control and most feel its much much safer way to add power and control the trans VRS any of the modules like the EDGE. I wont go back"
"If you are going to do an Edge, do the Juice Platinum. I think even those who favor the Juice will suggest that.
That being said I have just sold my Edge stuff. I had weird things on my 03 when I towed with my Juice. Specifically the CAC tubes would blow off. Seemed like when I pulled a grade under light throttle my turbo would spool back and forth untill POP.
It may just be a problem with my 03 strategy or it may be the edge.
There are a ton of options on the Edge and I am not sure I had it configured properly however I sold it in favor of an SCT from DJ. "
"I will grant you that the SCT is the best out there for controlling the tranny, but once you start using it for power, what is the potential cost?? Headstuds/gaskets?? Seems the cost of a tranny rebuild is pretty close to the cost involved in properly fixing blown headgaskets, so in my mind that is a wash....
Some of the SCT proponents have stated in the past that using the "canned" tunes will not cause puking but until you get to the wild custom tunes, you aren't making as much, let alone more power than is available with the Juice. Plus you don't have the Juice's flexibility (both in the shift-on-the-fly capability and it's ability to be put on without needing a reprogram just because you got reflashed).
The bottom line is, what do you plan to do with your truck?? If you wanna stoplight race, then go for the SCT, no question. If you mainly tow, the Juice is a good unit.
So to get back to your questions:
1) Can you tow with the Juice?? Absolutely!! Been doing it since '03 (and still on my original tranny, btw).
2) Can you use it with the other mods you mentioned?? Probably, but you won't get the max benefit from those expensive parts using it. Plus, by the time you get that far into it, you are most likely gonna need/want to go with new studs/gaskets anyway, so the SCT is what you will need then for sure...."
"not trying to start an argument, but the homework that I did when researching the SCT showed that the SCT created much less cylinder pressure ( wich can cause head studs stretching ) than most modules . We need one of the tuners to jump in here."
"I use to have an edge with the attitude mount. Also Had bully dog's tripple dog stacked with it. Towed a goose neck a few times with the edge. The edge does nothing for the transmission. There's no sense adding power with a chip, programmer, box, etc. and towing with it if it doesn't do anything for the transmission. So that's why i smartened up and bought and SCT. The shifting now is unbelievable. The only problem is that i now have a $800 edge box that is collecting dust. I should have bought the SCT in the first place.
I was in the same boat, had the edge thought it was cool The SCT performs so much better. The " trans control " that the edge has isnt like what an SCT will do . I also have an edge collecting dust."
"hey guys.. just made the change from an edge to the sct. seems great so far! however im use to having my edge platitum with attitude monitor. I want to sell the edge and get another set of digital guages. hopefully with a pillar mount that looked like my edge. i loved that look. what seems to be the digital guage of choice lately? im having trouble finding anything descent looking."
"The Edge Evolution can cure your transmission worries. Just make sure if you also use the added horespower settings that your truck can handle all that power. I had the Juice w/attitude stacked with the Evolution and she ran pretty well. I would recommend ARP studs and fire ringing the heads, that way you shouldn't have to worry at all. The Evolution does offer just a trans setting where you can change shift points, firmness, etc. They run about $400 depending on where you buy it, or you can sell it all and start over with the SCT like everyone else. Good luck!"
And they also have a poll on the tuners...http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5598
All I can say is call and talk to some vendors before you buy. Here are a few that I have dealt with and recommend.
http://www.dj-performance.com/
http://www.lidiesel.com/
http://www.elite-diesel.com/

STV_Keith
04-22-2007, 05:28 PM
OK, I gotcha now...you're just taking what you have read on the internet.
Edge no longer sells the standard Juice (without trans programming/monitoring) for the 6.0. All of them are Platinums with the trans adjustments and SLIP monitoring with real-time backdown. There is no tuner out there that can match or beat real-time backdown like the Edge offers (EGT and trans slip).
While EGT's are typically dropped with an exhaust, any unit that offers backdown therefore does not require the exhaust. Other units that have power gains over 50rwhp should have gauges at a minimum (to know what the EGT's are doing) and then airbox/exhaust to try to reduce EGT so the driver doesn't have to watchdog the EGT gauge. The Juice does that for you though.

06f250sd
04-22-2007, 05:57 PM
No I used to have an Edge on the last truck (05)...switched to an SCT and no more problems...actually got to drive the truck around instead of having it sit at Ford, after new trans, turbo, studs etc... My buddies truck (an 03...problem child) sat at Ford for 9 months because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it...again with an edge. The new truck just has an exhaust, SCT is on its way. To each his own, again I dont sell the product like you do http://***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147100 I'm sure if I did, the product I sold "would be the best too". I'm sure you have never driven a truck with the SCT program or one with a custom tune so your info is based off of what Edge says; as far as the power is concerned I will line up with anyone with the edge once my SCT gets here. I also only listen to the "diesel" guys on the east coast; they seem to be making the most horsepower and fastest times in the 1/4....something must be working right though because I'd say 99% of them are running the SCT (based on actual conversations not just internet spam).

STV_Keith
04-22-2007, 06:11 PM
And I'm not looking to turn this into some pissing match, but you must realize that being in the industry for a few years now (we'll leave my background out of it though) ;) , that I've seen a few things. To each their own, but I'll stick to my guns that you don't need an exhaust if you have a box/programmer that monitors EGT and will backdown accordingly. Perhaps the SCT stuff does change the trans in a different way that some people prefer, that's what keeps the industry alive, choices.
Personally, I have no stake in this, just experience to offer. While we do sell the stuff, I'm salary only, no commission, and selling this stuff isn't my primary job anyway. I will give deals where I can, and offer advice where I think it will help. To the "this product is better than that product" stuff, I just don't care. However, when someone says:
The SCT will smoke the edge and it is a MUCH safer tuner but the SCT is not a on the fly tuner, it will take 10mins or so to load but it is MUCH safer.
That's just a smoke screen. The only way any product will "smoke" another is to make more power...and you referenced doing that while being "MUCH safer." Those statements I will always call out, because you can't have your cake and eat it to when it comes to these things. I'll just chalk it up to a miscommunication and we can leave it at that. :)