PDA

View Full Version : Bimini top hanging speakers.......

Cruzzze
04-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Anybody know of a good speaker that will hang on the bimini top while beached? Obviously must be an enclosed speaker, any ideas? Thx:)

dumbandyoung
04-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Anybody know of a good speaker that will hang on the bimini top while beached? Obviously must be an enclosed speaker, any ideas? Thx:)
I dont know of a company that manufactures such a speaker kit that hangs from a bimini. You can buy wakeboard tower speakers and mount them under your hatch, then flip up your hatch when beached. I have know clue what kind of boat you have though. I personally would never hang anything from a bimini because there so damn delicate and expensive to replace.
I would say make 2 little speaker boxes and put 6x9" speakers in them. Wire them up to the stereo and leave the wire 20 to 30' long so you can move them around to where you want when beached. When done with wood and carpet they should weigh about 7 lbs each. When your not using them leave them under the seats or bow or where ever out of the way. Depending on what speakers you buy you can do build this for around $100 and it will take only a few hours.