PDA

View Full Version : Best security system in Havasu

TheCarDudes
04-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Literally minutes after my boat left the garage in Havasu I got a phone call from INSman (Blane) saying that Todd969 (Todd) called him and saw my boat being pulled by an unfamiliar truck. It was Frank from CarToyz taking it to do some stereo upgrades. Gotta love the brotherhood that this site can promote.
Thanx Guys! It's nice to know we are lookin' out for each other.

Big Warlock
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
That is a good thing! A very good thing!

ChumpChange
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
If anybody sees my boat being towed around today, it's just one of the guys from Absolute. :D
If it's not one of the guys from Absolute, just let it go. :D

HALLETT BOY
04-19-2007, 02:44 PM
Literally minutes after my boat left the garage in Havasu I got a phone call from INSman (Blane) saying that Todd969 (Todd) called him and saw my boat being pulled by an unfamiliar truck. It was Frank from CarToyz taking it to do some stereo upgrades. Gotta love the brotherhood that this site can promote.
Todd's the man ! Hi Todd ! I'll be down this Sunday , see ya in the channel ?
Gordon

selfmade
04-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Ya gotta love having friends in Havasu year around Todd is the best :)

Todd969
04-19-2007, 04:21 PM
No problem George, didn't recognize that truck as a car toyz vehicle:)

Todd969
04-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Gordon
Very likely.... Give a call Sunday morning.

sigepmock
04-19-2007, 04:40 PM
We got the same call a few months back...it was just the detail guy picking it up....Shadow called Todd ...Todd called us.....I think Big Doug saw it too and started calling......it was the greatest feeling knowing these guys were keeping an eye for us....I sleep better at night knowing they're on duty :)
Seriously though they are great guys. Thanks again brotha's
Chris

Kachina26
04-19-2007, 05:06 PM
I got the same call myself awhile back, but it turned out to be another Kachina that looked "similar" to mine.

sigepmock
04-19-2007, 05:50 PM
I got the same call myself awhile back, but it turned out to be another Kachina that looked "similar" to mine.
No two boats alike !!!!!:D :D :D

707dog
04-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Now Thats Some Love For Ya...good Chit...thought We Was Going To Have To Start A....
Missing Boat In Havasu On A Treadmill Near The New Seawall In The Channel Full Of Popcorn And A Out Redvines Sign THREAD...lmao...jokin Fellas

EAZYKILLER2006
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
lol, that also happened to us ...we had actually brought our boat to cali, to have some work done :D at al and eds...hot boat peeps :) let us know that our boat was spotted in ontario...yea, we never bring our boat to cali...that sure is really great.... knowing you have ppl watching out for everyones stuff...our neighbors are really great in havi too... they watch our havi place...;)

Mrs.Racer277
04-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Havasu's finest Neighborhood Watch......It is awesome that people are there looking out for others.....Todd and his family are the greatest. :)
I did not get a phone call when 2 people were taking bar stools out of my garage. :) J/K Michele and John
Then there was the stuffed snake left in the house??????
And I can't forget the stuffed rodent left in the pantry?????:) :)

TheCarDudes
04-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanx again Todd. Trust me, I would rather be called 10 times a day if anyone saw my boat being pulled by something they did not recognize than someone saying, "nah, I'm sure that guy has authorization to take his boat somewhere" and not make the call.
Todd is The Man!

phebus
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
We need you to refuel it, so we can finish testing your stereo :D

TheCarDudes
04-19-2007, 08:30 PM
We need you to refuel it, so we can finish testing your stereo :D
I love it. Please make sure than you can still hear those highs and mids at extremely high speeds in 4 ft chop. :)

dicudmore
04-19-2007, 08:36 PM
I love it. Please make sure than you can still hear those highs and mids at extremely high speeds in 4 ft chop. :)
is the wind supposed to be blowing this weekend? Dan <----more than happy to help a brother out with this test :cool:

BigDoug
04-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Rick, are you still in the "no boat club" ? :D

phebus
04-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Rick, are you still in the "no boat club" ? :D
Yes and no. No boat yet, but ask me again Monday. :D Something in the works.

HavasuSelect
04-19-2007, 09:15 PM
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. You really don't need any type of security for your boat. Just buy the ugliest POS out there and you wont have these problems:D

TheCarDudes
04-19-2007, 09:20 PM
You guys are looking at this the wrong way. You really don't need any type of security for your boat. Just buy the ugliest POS out there and you wont have these problems:D
That is exactly what mine is. It is a 28 yr old tri-hull bowrider with the most amazing wrap you have ever seen to make it look like a Howard. :D
Maybe that should be the other way around. :(

HavasuSelect
04-19-2007, 09:22 PM
That is exactly what mine is. It is a 28 yr old tri-hull bowrider with the most amazing wrap you have ever seen to make it look like a Howard. :D
Maybe that should be the other way around. :(
LOL, now there's an idea! :D

Havasu1986
04-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Gordon
Todd helped me out big time. My wife got a call from our alarm company and said that our alarms were going off. Since we are 280 miles away. My neighbor was out of town. So I called Todd who at the time I only met twice. He dropped whatever he was doing and drove to my house to check on it. Still haven't figured what set the alarms off but it tells what type a person Todd is.:) Since he doesn't drink..I drank the beer that I would have gave him.:D

scarabrick2
04-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Thats why when I do my "research/eg: Night ops" I leave the cover on. If the boat doesn't have one, then I supply one for it free of charge. Never had a phone call made on me yet!!!
John
Just kidding:D

Mr. Naudio
04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Man I love that boat.
I think we will leave the truck unmarked or with VERY little markings.
Not that the bad guys are all that bright but if you where a stereo thief
sitting in your house in Havasu and seen the CarToyz truck putting a boat away.Well you know.

phebus
04-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Man I love that boat.
I think we will leave the truck unmarked or with VERY little markings.
Not that the bad guys are all that bright but if you where a stereo thief
sitting in your house in Havasu and seen the CarToyz truck putting a boat away.Well you know.
I'm just going to get a CarToyz sign on the side of my truck (removable stick on sign), and start stealing boats. :)