PDA

View Full Version : ***boat Mag question?

shadow
04-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes they do have a magazine.
I have 2 issues for April 2007 and the covers are different and everything on the inside is the same. Something new?i've been getting this mag for close to 10yrs and have never seen this.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472april2-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5472april1-med.jpg

Phat Matt
04-19-2007, 04:34 PM
You probably got the East coast version by mistake.

ELIMINAT THIS
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
East coast and West coast covers

uvindex
04-19-2007, 04:35 PM
From Folio, a magazine management site:
"Magazine buyers may be excused for thinking they're seeing double on the newsstands. Publishers and editors, in their never-ending quest for publicity and newsstand sales, are increasingly running different covers of the same issue.
Vanity Fair split its cover with its March issue, running President Bill Clinton on newsstands in the Northeast and Arkansas, and actress Andie MacDowell in the rest of the country. last fall Esquire Sportsman made actor/fisherman Brad Pitt its cover boy in the West and Northeast, while singer/quail-hunter Jimmy Buffet ran in the South and Midwest. And Newsweek's December 7 cover on "The New Middle Age" alternated between a man and a woman exclaiming, "Oh. God . . . I'm really turning 50!"

shadow
04-19-2007, 04:38 PM
From Folio, a magazine management site:
"Magazine buyers may be excused for thinking they're seeing double on the newsstands. Publishers and editors, in their never-ending quest for publicity and newsstand sales, are increasingly running different covers of the same issue.
Vanity Fair split its cover with its March issue, running President Bill Clinton on newsstands in the Northeast and Arkansas, and actress Andie MacDowell in the rest of the country. last fall Esquire Sportsman made actor/fisherman Brad Pitt its cover boy in the West and Northeast, while singer/quail-hunter Jimmy Buffet ran in the South and Midwest. And Newsweek's December 7 cover on "The New Middle Age" alternated between a man and a woman exclaiming, "Oh. God . . . I'm really turning 50!"
So ***boat is pulling some vanity fair shit to try an sell some more magazines?
No i did not buy 2 magazines, i confinscated it from someone at work when i saw the different cover.

RiverToysJas
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Hot Boat has been doing that for at least 3 years, maybe more...
RTJas :D

shadow
04-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Hot Boat has been doing that for at least 3 years, maybe more...
RTJas :D
I guess that way when this months issue shows up 3 weeks late and you've already seen it somewhere else you might think it's next months showing up early.;)
Naw,next months never shows up early.

Racey
04-19-2007, 04:55 PM
The west coast is wayyyy cooler :D

DelawareDave
04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I like the west coast cover much better. Mine has the red truck on it. :(

Brewzed
04-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Do any of you east coast guys have a copy of the August '06 issue?

DeltaSigBoater
04-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Seems to me that designing 2 covers is a lot of unnecessary work and $$$