PDA

View Full Version : Anyone keeping there kids home today?

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:15 AM
I decided to keep my older daughter home today just because there has been to many "Psycho" things going on. Not only was there the VT thing on Monday but yesterday there was a domestic situation that was a murder suicide just down the street from my daughters school. It looks like she was friends of the kids of the parents that died. Some guy went over to his ex wifes house blew her away and then took himself out. There kids were standing right there watching it all happen. pretty shitting thing so just getting a little reprieve today.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Isn't today the Columbine anniversary too? I certainly do not envy parents raising kids these days.:( Lots of crazies in the world. I actually went to the school that Brenda Spencer was all hopped up on LSD and shot the principal, janitor and a bunch of kids back in the 70's. We had just moved to San Diego from the midwest and the whole shooting happened a week before I transferred into that school. :eek:
I think it was a good choice keeping your daughter home. ;)

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Isn't today the Columbine anniversary too? I certainly do not envy parents raising kids these days.:( Lots of crazies in the world. I actually went to the school that Brenda Spencer was all hopped up on LSD and shot the principal, janitor and a bunch of kids back in the 70's. We had just moved to San Diego from the midwest and the whole shooting happened a week before I transferred into that school. :eek:
Thanks,
Now I think I'll have to go hang out with all of the "stay at home mom's":D :D

YeLLowBoaT
04-20-2007, 06:28 AM
not to mention if shes at home the chances of her getting high just went down...

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 06:32 AM
I just sent my kid to drive across the icy rim to go to school. I'll win the mother-of-the-year award FO'SHO

Pussywhippled
04-20-2007, 06:32 AM
Thanks,
Now I think I'll have to go hang out with all of the "stay at home mom's":D :D
Can I come over? LOL

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Can I come over? LOL
Bring the playstation 3

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 06:39 AM
I decided to keep my older daughter home today just because there has been to many "Psycho" things going on. Not only was there the VT thing on Monday but yesterday there was a domestic situation that was a murder suicide just down the street from my daughters school. It looks like she was friends of the kids of the parents that died. Some guy went over to his ex wifes house blew her away and then took himself out. There kids were standing right there watching it all happen. pretty shitting thing so just getting a little reprieve today.
Yeah, I have a seven year old, but she is in a k-8 school. Just to much crazy shit going on. And the whole Columbine thing...... Call me over protective, I would rather be that than daughterless. There was a drug bust in a million dollar home across the street from her school and they were locked down, this was just the other day. And all of this copy cat crap I have been hearing about on the radio with all of the threats. She is going to work on the boat with me today. SOme guy is going to be a lucky man some day. Not only will she be a doctor, but she will also know how to reassemble a 21 ft mini day cruiser.:D

Tequila-John
04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
We said a prayer this AM and then i shoved the kids out the door.

Mrs. 20
04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
You did the right thing, with the anniversary of Columbine and all. That is what I would have done. I don't really need to worry though. Mine are always at home (home school).

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Yeah, I have a seven year old, but she is in a k-8 school. Just to much crazy shit going on. And the whole Columbine thing...... Call me over protective, I would rather be that than daughterless. She is going to work on the boat with me today. SOme guy is going to be a lucky man some day. Not only will she be a doctor, but she will also know how to reassemble a 21 ft mini day cruiser.:D
would that be a Camplle cruiser? I love those

racecar.hotshoe
04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
I just sent my kid to drive across the icy rim to go to school. I'll win the mother-of-the-year award FO'SHO
Sooooooooooooo What cha wearing :jawdrop: :D

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
ditto:D :D
way to lighten this thread up Racecar, l like that

shueman
04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Yep, the lucky b'turd gets to stay home today. We're headed out of town, the weather gonna be crappy....no need to worry 'bout him drivin' & stuff...;)

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Nuttin but wooden clogs, a purple velvet sombrero and a cheesey grin

lewiville
04-20-2007, 06:51 AM
would they be redwood clog's or pine clog's? you know it makes a big difference when you and in the kitchen:D :D

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Actually Im on a budget, so they're particle board clogs from the Swedish Pic-N-Sav

shrek
04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Friday Classes Canceled At Bonita High School Due To Threat
Unspecified Threat Causes Concern, Police Say
POSTED: 12:05 am PDT April 20, 2007
UPDATED: 7:12 am PDT April 20, 2007
Email This Story | Print This Story
LA VERNE, Calif. -- Bonita High School in La Verne was ordered kept closed Friday amid reports that a 17-year-old boy who resides in the area has disappeared, along with rifles, shotguns, and ammunition that were in his home.
The emergency closure came on the eighth anniversary of the Columbine High School shootings, which claimed 15 lives, and four days after the massacre at Virginia Tech, where 32 people were killed by a student who then took his own life.
"Due to an emergency situation, we are canceling school Friday, April 20. School will resume on Monday," said a statement posted by the Bonita Unified School District on Bonita High School's Web site.
Students were notified of the closure by telephone late last night.
A parent in an unincorporated area near La Verne called the Sheriff Department yesterday afternoon to report a burglary and the disappearance of the family's 17-year-old son, according to broadcast reports.
Several rifles, shotguns, handguns, and ammunition were stolen from the home, and though authorities do not know for certain that the missing boy is responsible, he is regarded as a person of interest, according to the reports.
Authorities interviewed an acquaintance of the missing boy who reportedly told officials he may have made a threat against the school about a month ago.
Police will be at Bonita High at 3102 D St. Friday to monitor the 1,700- student campus and turn students away who did not receive the message regarding the closure, said La Verne police Lt. Gary Mason.
Explaining the decision to cancel classes, Mason said authorities wanted to be on the safe side, but he declined to elaborate on the emergency.
School Board member Patti Latourelle told the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that "there was no threat against our school," but she did not elaborate on the wider threat that prompted the closure.
Other officials also declined to offer details.
"We have rumors we are looking into," Bonita Unified School Board Superintendent Gary Rapkin told the Tribune. "La Verne police have recommended, and we plan to follow their recommendation, to close the school."
Sgt. Rafael Estrada of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's San Dimas Station confirmed the school was being shut down due to a security issue, but he also declined to elaborate, the Tribune reported.
Dozens of school administrators, teachers, and school officials held a meeting until around midnight to discuss the situation.
The closure comes four days after a deranged student killed 32 people on the campus of Virginia Tech before killing himself, and it coincides with the eighth anniversary of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, where two disaffected students killed 12 students and a teacher before taking their own lives.

Bow Tie Omega
04-20-2007, 06:53 AM
You did the right thing, with the anniversary of Columbine and all. That is what I would have done. I don't really need to worry though. Mine are always at home (home school).
My wife and I talk about that all of the time, home schooling. We have a 15 to 1 ratio here in Verrado and she still learns more at home than at school. I am a product of a very good public school system back in SoCal, or at least it was. I just am not impressed with the school out here. She just finished here first grade testing and did very well. But I do not think it was her teacher that helped her.

racecar.hotshoe
04-20-2007, 06:54 AM
He we come!:D
http://terpsboy.com/blogpics05/wheeledicks.jpg

lalhc
04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
My son is about to walk in all the slush to his bus stop off North Bay Rd.

Pussywhippled
04-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Bring the playstation 3
Why? I have what's inside my glove box...

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 07:00 AM
He we come!:D
http://terpsboy.com/blogpics05/wheeledicks.jpg
As tempting as those look, even a cavernous skank like myself may have to run from a penis on wheels

racecar.hotshoe
04-20-2007, 07:02 AM
As tempting as those look, even a cavernous skank like myself may have to run from a penis on wheels
Cant handle the heat stay out of the kitchen!:D

Mrs. 20
04-20-2007, 07:03 AM
My wife and I talk about that all of the time, home schooling. We have a 15 to 1 ratio here in Verrado and she still learns more at home than at school. I am a product of a very good public school system back in SoCal, or at least it was. I just am not impressed with the school out here. She just finished here first grade testing and did very well. But I do not think it was her teacher that helped her.
I actually did great in public school as well. But they don't deal with the same schools we did growing up anymore. Kids are also dealing with social issues at much younger ages as well. We have 3 kids kindergarten through 3rd grade, and none of the have ever been to school. I was scared at first, but we have never regretted a moment since. If you ever seriously think about it, you can always pm me with ?'s
Funny part is that it was my husbands idea at first! I said, "Are you crazy???":)

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 07:03 AM
My son is about to walk in all the slush to his bus stop off North Bay Rd.
The news said to expect 8-10 inches. Typically the promise of 8-10 would be inticing....but when it comes to snow, not so much

racecar.hotshoe
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM
The news said to expect 8-10 inches. Typically the promise of 8-10 would be inticing....but when it comes to snow, not so much
Typically the promise of 8-10 would be inticing...:jawdrop: :coffeycup :D

77Woodbridge
04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
My 16yr old asked me at breakfast if I knew what today was. I replied got me. Then he said that today was national weed smokin day. He said that one of his buddies told him to watch and see how many students and teachers look/act stoned today. :jawdrop:

lalhc
04-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Both my boys have baseball games in RS tomorrow. Weather appears to be the same in RS as in LA.
Running Springs Web-Cam
http://71.80.141.6/

HavaSkank
04-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Both my boys have baseball games in RS tomorrow. Weather appears to be the same in RS as in LA.
Running Springs Web-Cam
http://71.80.141.6/
I should go run butt-nekkid in front of the webcam, well, naked with the exception of my purple sombrero of course.
So what do ya think of the new RS field? Bout damn time this mountain got a decent ballfield, other than Twin Peaks

lalhc
04-20-2007, 07:19 AM
It's a nice field. My son gets to play at Brulte on Saturdays.

DILLIGAF
04-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Good decision on your end. Damn, sad situation but it is called life. Many people just can't handle life and what it throws at you from time to time.

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-20-2007, 07:27 AM
I actually did great in public school as well. But they don't deal with the same schools we did growing up anymore. Kids are also dealing with social issues at much younger ages as well. We have 3 kids kindergarten through 3rd grade, and none of the have ever been to school. I was scared at first, but we have never regretted a moment since. If you ever seriously think about it, you can always pm me with ?'s
Funny part is that it was my husbands idea at first! I said, "Are you crazy???":)
Glad to hear that Home Schooling is working out for your family. I have a few friends who find it a benefit to their families as well.

Captain Dan
04-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Cleveland Elementary?

Captain Dan
04-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Then there's the graffiti sprayed all over Vista Murrieta High on Monday and Tuesday stating that everyone will die on 4-20 (today). Nice stuff to contend with these days.

Garrddogg
04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
We keepin our daughter home too! the shits just too close to home!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Cleveland Elementary?
YEP!

lewiville
04-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Then there's the graffiti sprayed all over Vista Murrieta High on Monday and Tuesday stating that everyone will die on 4-20 (today). Nice stuff to contend with these days.
did you see it on the news the other night? It was on fox the other night.

Captain Dan
04-20-2007, 08:38 AM
did you see it on the news the other night? It was on fox the other night.
Yes, I did. I also read it in both local rags. We had Murrieta's finest all over both high schools this week as a result.

Captain Dan
04-20-2007, 08:39 AM
YEP!
My wife shared a gym locker with Brenda Spencer in Junior High School.

lewiville
04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
just woundering if there was any news out there yet on threats or anything?