PDA

View Full Version : Removing Lift Kit

BRSTQUEST
04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Has anyone removed a lift kit from their Chevy HD's???? Iam thinking of removing the CST 6" lift kit with 35's and running a torsion key with 285/70/17
I do not have the stock parts but the current lift has the tubular a-arms, I know I need new shocks and u-bolts for the rear does anyone know what else I might need.

Mr. Crusader 83
04-20-2007, 10:54 AM
A arms, spindles, shocks, Hangers in the back (if the used longer ones) Remove the s.s braided brake lines.... :confused:
Why are you doing this?:confused:

RaceFace
04-20-2007, 10:56 AM
I have a 6" RCD on a GMC and I'm pretty sure they cut the stock mount off the front diff. I ended up with the box of parts that was taken off the truck and there was a factory molded mount that had been sawzall'd off....and I dont think it was cut off the transfer case.
Hell, maybe it wasn't even off my truck! :eek:

Jordy
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I have a 6" RCD on a GMC and I'm pretty sure they cut the stock mount off the front diff. I ended up with the box of parts that was taken off the truck and there was a factory molded mount that had been sawzall'd off....and I dont think it was cut off the transfer case.
Hell, maybe it wasn't even off my truck! :eek:
They did the same thing to mine. Guess I'm stuck with it now. :D
Although a little JB Weld would most likely fix it right up. ;)

sigepmock
04-20-2007, 10:57 AM
TAke a look at your front diff. they may have had to cut the mount off for the lift kit. If that's the case you would need a whole new front diff housing or a bracket made to go around(Not as good).
I think Torsion keys is a bad way to go. If the truck rides too high crank the t-bars down and put a smaller block in back and run 33's.
Good luck,
Chris

BRSTQUEST
04-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Hell I guess Iam just not happy unless I am screwing with something....Thanks all for the info

riverbound
04-20-2007, 11:06 AM
My brother might be interested in changing his 4" lift for your 6" lift ;)

scarabrick2
04-20-2007, 11:18 AM
My bro might be interested in a swap. He has a stock 05 cc 4x4 hd duramax lt ect....
P/m me if interested.
trucks in Rainy las vegas

CAHotRodBoy
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I've installed some CST 6" lifts (including my own truck). You have to cut off the stock brackets so going back to stock height would requiring welding them back on or fabricating new ones as you probably don't have the old cut off ones. The CST kit uses the original A arms. Too much work if you ask me. Why do you want to go back to stock?

Ivan Dan
04-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I have a 4" Rancho kit on my 04 GMC Duramaxthat I'd be interested in trading with you. Let me know if you want to talk about it.

dumbandyoung
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
I think Torsion keys is a bad way to go. If the truck rides too high crank the t-bars down and put a smaller block in back and run 33's.
Good luck,
Chris
Agreed.;)

H20 Toie
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
your better off buying a stock truck and selling yours

RaceFace
04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
your better off buying a stock truck and selling yours
That's exactly where I was going with my next post. New truck time!! :D :D