PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Engines???

Shockwave29
02-07-2006, 03:22 PM
First time poster here, but been lurking for a long time. I just recently purchased a 29' Shockwave Magnatude (used) from a couple up in San Francisco. The boat is a 2000 and came with twin 7.4 Mercury motors. I definitely need to re-power the boat and trying to decide what to go with?
Does anyone know anything about Bullet Engines or Bullet Performance? I spoke to the guys at Eliminator and they said that they were the ones that were building their new "Eliminator" engines as well as engines for other manufacturers. I have never heard anything about the engines, but they looked pretty good. I am looking for around 650 a side and they are advertising the engines up to 850 h.p. N/A.
Anyone have any experiences with them or have any information? I don't want to drop some serious money on something that is not a nice product. I have already shopped the other engine builders such as Teague, & Pfaff and they are a little out of my price range. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Beer-30
02-07-2006, 03:27 PM
First, do you want to go carbed or injected?
Second:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77486&highlight=700+tpi

Shockwave29
02-07-2006, 03:32 PM
I am definitely only interested in fuel injection. That is the one requirement that I am going to stick to.
I have followed the buildup of several GT motors and those are definitely a nice package. They are one of the few that I would consider for the boat. I just saw the Bullet engines at the LA show and they sparked my curiousity. It cant be bad to follow up on and get more information.

Froggystyle
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I am definitely only interested in fuel injection. That is the one requirement that I am going to stick to.
I have followed the buildup of several GT motors and those are definitely a nice package. They are one of the few that I would consider for the boat. I just saw the Bullet engines at the LA show and they sparked my curiousity. It cant be bad to follow up on and get more information.
I would recommend Ron Munson (Infomaniac) highly for any motor work, but also recommend GT highly as well. Both are great guys and forum members, both have a lot of very happy clients. I chose Ron for building the OEM motor in the Revolution.

Beer-30
02-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Ah yes, good call, Wes.
Here is the thread from the Rev's buildup.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83319&highlight=williams+engine+project

Powerquestboy
02-07-2006, 05:32 PM
If it were my money I would take a hard look at Larry Peto. I think he builds some pretty nice stuff to say nothing of the fact that his motors power one of the fastest boats in the state.
http://www.larrysengine.com/engine_580TKM.htm

Kilrtoy
02-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Try Shockwave ask for barry, he may have just what you need for a good price.....

Charley
02-07-2006, 09:54 PM
If it were my money I would take a hard look at Larry Peto. I think he builds some pretty nice stuff to say nothing of the fact that his motors power one of the fastest boats in the state.
http://www.larrysengine.com/engine_580TKM.htm
I would agree with you 99% of the time, and Larry is awesome but he is not a fuel injection guru.

Pussywhippled
02-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I would agree with you 99% of the time, and Larry is awesome but he is not a fuel injection guru.
LOL... Yes, Larry Peto IS awesome and has done right by me.
He has gone above and beyond... Not like some of these local yocals, that just want your coin because we're in So Cal.
How does Larry put it... Those guys are "All show and no go"

Beer-30
02-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Bless your heart.
If you want to stick to crate-motor type stuff and add injection, AZ Speed and Marine has everthing you could imagine. Injected 572s, whatever. I have toured their shop - impressive.
http://www.azspeed.com/

Froggystyle
02-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Well... Our twin turbo, intercooled, fuel injected motor is a serious piece of gear, and Ron built it.
Gary is a MEFI IV guru. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above mentioned folks. All are great builders with a lot of integrity.

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
My company at ATK Engines Just went into business with Steve Schmidt. He is building some awesome motor's. I talked to him about his warranty's yesterday and you would never believe his answer!!!
He said just send it back and we will replace it.... :220v: I asked him if he was crazy, and he said well to be honest, I have never had an engine blow up. I dont know how to answer the question. We have more to talk on that subject, we will have to have some type of limit for time im sure. Definatley a class act guy and building some of the most reliable motors around. At great price's.
This is the only one on his page to post right now....Check it out. 980 HORSEPOWER & 825 FT.LBS. OF TORQUE $ 26,950.00 ea.!!!!! :rollside: So many other types of builds as well...if your intrested or anyone else let me know.
http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/engines/585-marine-engine.html

Shockwave29
02-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am really interested in Bullet Engines. I understand that they are based out in Corona. In the limited amount of information that I have found, they are building engines for Eliminator, Dom8er, and a couple other manufacturers. When I spoke to the guy at the boat show, he said that they are a newer company trying to break into the market and that their engines would be a great match for me. I would just like to see if anyone has any info on them so I can make an educated decision.
I have been following GT's build, am familiar with Teague & Pfaff, and had an old engine built by GT Performance. All of those guys make a very nice package. At this time, it is not something that I am very interested in. From what I was told, Bullet Engines will build the same h.p. and be roughly 2/3 the cost of any of the builders listed above. When going with twin engines, that is a lot of money. The boat definitely put a big dent in my pocket book and I do not think that it would be wise to go paying the prices of the major builders, at this time.

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I am really interested in Bullet Engines. I understand that they are based out in Corona. In the limited amount of information that I have found, they are building engines for Eliminator, Dom8er, and a couple other manufacturers. When I spoke to the guy at the boat show, he said that they are a newer company trying to break into the market and that their engines would be a great match for me. I would just like to see if anyone has any info on them so I can make an educated decision.
I have been following GT's build, am familiar with Teague & Pfaff, and had an old engine built by GT Performance. All of those guys make a very nice package. At this time, it is not something that I am very interested in. From what I was told, Bullet Engines will build the same h.p. and be roughly 2/3 the cost of any of the builders listed above. When going with twin engines, that is a lot of money. The boat definitely put a big dent in my pocket book and I do not think that it would be wise to go paying the prices of the major builders, at this time.
What are you looking for engine wise, power, price??? And did Bullet give you a ruff guesstimate???

SummitKarl
02-08-2006, 02:20 PM
First time poster here, but been lurking for a long time. I just recently purchased a 29' Shockwave Magnatude (used) from a couple up in San Francisco. The boat is a 2000 and came with twin 7.4 Mercury motors. I definitely need to re-power the boat and trying to decide what to go with?
Does anyone know anything about Bullet Engines or Bullet Performance? I spoke to the guys at Eliminator and they said that they were the ones that were building their new "Eliminator" engines as well as engines for other manufacturers. I have never heard anything about the engines, but they looked pretty good. I am looking for around 650 a side and they are advertising the engines up to 850 h.p. N/A.
Anyone have any experiences with them or have any information? I don't want to drop some serious money on something that is not a nice product. I have already shopped the other engine builders such as Teague, & Pfaff and they are a little out of my price range. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes I can help you with Bullet Marine engines.
As of today Arron at Absolute Speed and Marine has become a Authorized Dealer/Service center for Bullet Marine Engines you may contact him at 928.855.2252 for your needs