PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have good tricks to losing weight?

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Other than going to the gym and sometimes more than five times a week - which is what I have been doing amongst other things like eating egg whites (cooked) and green salads with chicken.
I bought some whey protein too the other week but can't get myself to drink it all - ehhhhh too sweet! :yuk:
I don't really want to take diet pills because I am affraid of them making me sick again BUT are fat burners the same thing? Just curious...
I'm wondering if that is something I can take to speed up the process of my workouts to burn fat...:idea:
Anyone - anyone??:)

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Post an add on craigslist:D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
On the way to the gym so I will check this thread out tomorrow! PEACE OUT!:) And have a good night everyone.

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Post an add on craigslist:D
For what? My ass?:D FUNNY GUY! LOL

Jordy
04-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Stop eating and do more meth!!! :D :D :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
stay away from all soda's........
Don't drink it and if I do - which is hardly - it's diet - I drink water like a fish.

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Stop eating and do more meth!!! :D :D :D
That is disgusting! Jordan behave!!! :devil:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
04-25-2007, 06:21 PM
yeah have more sex

Jordy
04-25-2007, 06:22 PM
That is disgusting! Jordan behave!!! :devil:
Hey, you asked the question... :notam:

NOTALENT
04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Other than going to the gym and sometimes more than five times a week - which is what I have been doing amongst other things like eating egg whites (cooked) and green salads with chicken.
I bought some whey protein too the other week but can't get myself to drink it all - ehhhhh too sweet! :yuk:
I don't really want to take diet pills because I am affraid of them making me sick again BUT are fat burners the same thing? Just curious...
I'm wondering if that is something I can take to speed up the process of my workouts to burn fat...:idea:
Anyone - anyone??:)
How did the diet pills make you sick? Which ones were they? Something safe to take would be L-Carnatine and Yohimbe and Guggulsterones. All three are safe and should not make you sick.

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah have more sex
LMAO! You would say that! And I told you already - what am I supposed to do make it grow a body??? :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
How did the diet pills make you sick? Which ones were they? Something safe to take would be L-Carnatine and Yohimbe and Guggulsterones. All three are safe and should not make you sick.
You know what - they were through a medical clinic and they turned out to be like a pill close to fen-fen. :sqeyes:

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
For what? My ass?:D FUNNY GUY! LOL
Ur gonna sell your ass on craigslist. Please post pics you will get a better response:eek:

76ANTHONY
04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
awwhahahah this is a joke right? girls you weigh about 70lbs. wth are you thinking???
ok heres my weight loss for jackie list
1. empty the sand outta your shoes
2. dry your clothes all the way
3. dont weigh yourself wet
thats good for about 7 oz's:D :D :D :D

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Ur gonna sell your ass on craigslist. Please post pics you will get a better response:eek:
Now why would I do that for you here? It's always on display at the river...lol except for this last trip - :)

Mrs.Killer
04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Are you running?

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:31 PM
awwhahahah this is a joke right? girls you weigh about 70lbs. wth are you thinking???
I wish I was about 30 ponds more then that but really I am 129 right now and NOT happy about it one bit! I love to work out though and am addicted to it. I've been really serious about it for over a month now.

Miss Jackie
04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Are you running?
Like flippen 4 - 5 miles babe. I swear I walk out of the gym sweat'n manteca! Or like my co-worker says - I look like I just finished working in the strawberry fields. lol

CornWater
04-25-2007, 06:34 PM
No Carbs after lunch... cut the alcohol..:eek:

Mrs.Killer
04-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Like flippen 4 - 5 miles babe. I swear I walk out of the gym sweat'n manteca! Or like my co-worker says - I look like I just finished working in the strawberry fields. lol
Manteca huh??? too funny.

XtrmWakeborder
04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Umm eat small spread out meals, and then throw them up. You'll be skinny in no time! ;) All you have to do is consume fewer calories than you burn, you'll be good to go. Sounds like you're doing good so far, stick with it!

NOTALENT
04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Its not about how much you run. Make sure you work out at the optimal heart rate. Keep track of it, this will get you the best results.

Broke_Richard!
04-25-2007, 06:40 PM
Easy one.
No Red Meat
No Dairy
No White Bread
lost 25 lbs in 2 months and 30 lbs total 6 months. been doing it for 1 year and have kept it off.
did not exercise.

wolfie
04-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Binge and purge. Worked for Karen Carpenter. She's lost a lot of weight the past few decades.

Devil's Advocate
04-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Jenny Crank :D
yeah have more sex
:D
I've never been on a diet before so I can't speak on that. But I know eating small meals through the day, easy on any soda and alcohol, not eating late at night and regular exercise like a good high impact cardio (running) does a lot of good for keeping the bod in shape. Weight trainning will help with the calorie burning too.;)

MR.rvrluvr
04-25-2007, 07:14 PM
two words....Crystal Meth
you will loose those unwanted inches in no time...

Eliminator 4 Life
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Now why would I do that for you here? It's always on display at the river...lol except for this last trip - :)
Oh so you wont do it here but you will do it on the river:idea:

busterbox
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm not a pro fitness trainer, But I have been training all my life, as I am a diabetic and I also have asthma so for me it's more of a lifestyle. Their is no magic pill or magic potion, unless your on the juice:D You won't see any results in one month, it takes months so don't quit! (remember its a lifestyle). It sounds like your doing a lot of running, which is o.k. but your body will get immune to running, and kind of put your metabolism on cruise control. Try mixing up your routine, orbital one day, stair stepper another, bike etc.. Also try and adjust the settings on the machines higher to lower, kind of like running up and down a hill. gotta mix it up..
Weight lifting is a must!!! Muscle burns calories period. Building muscle mass will help your body burn calories all day long, even while you sleep. So train with weights every other day, and don't worry your not going to get big, just toned up...
And last is food! To really get your metabolism going start eating every 2-3 hrs. Eat smaller portions 5 to 6 times a day, they call it grazing. Eat dairy products, meats, fruits and veggies, nuts and whole grain breads, have a protein shake, simple. No fast food, no processed food, no box food except cherrios and oatmeal, no canned food except tuna, can veggies if you have too, no soda, no candy, no chips,etc.. you get the idea. For a treat you can eat at your favorite restaurant once a week for dinner with dessert no problem, that way you don't over indulge in the middle of the night:D
Just my .02 good luck

My Man's Sportin' Wood
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Get a personal trainer. And not one of those kids from LA fitness. I've lost 15pounds since Jan and 2 sizes. I was a 9 and now I'm a 5. Very happy with the results. He/she will push you like you will NEVER push yourself.
Good luck!

rocket98
04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
bump............bump.........bump........... Getoff your a***

XtrmWakeborder
04-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Get a personal trainer. And not one of those kids from LA fitness. I've lost 15pounds since Jan and 2 sizes. I was a 9 and now I'm a 5. Very happy with the results. He/she will push you like you will NEVER push yourself.
Good luck!
You mean the overweight 17 year old at La fitness who can't do push ups isn't a good trainer?....

riverbound
04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Like was stated before SEX SEX SEX. :D :D :D
sounds like you need a better trainer ;)

billet racing 1
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Have an affair with the neihbor. The extra activity will help, and the guilt will wear you out.

Unforgiven
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
eat Dia's cooking...drink more beer:idea:

4day!!
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Its not about how much you run. Make sure you work out at the optimal heart rate. Keep track of it, this will get you the best results.
60%-70% of your maximum heart is the best for fat burning. Get a heart rate monitor(polar are the best).
Maximum HR is determined by:
220-age= max HR
max HR x .6 (.7)= 60%(70%)
40 minutes 4 times a week, and mix it up, treadmill, bike eliptical, etc. Weightlifting will help burn cals long after your work out as well.cut way down on carbs. The whey protein will help too. Smaller more frequent meals will increase metabolism. The list goes on, just make your goals realistic or you'll get frustrated and quit. good luck!

Mrs.Killer
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
come on now!!!!

Phat Matt
04-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Count your calories one day. You have to burn more than you eat...period.

DeltaSigBoater
04-25-2007, 09:10 PM
come on now!!!!
I have to agree Crystal Meth is not the answer, its so White Trash.
There's the Sorority Girl Diet.
Lots of Sexcrise, Drink lots of Water, a Salad for Dinner, and cocaine :D

riverbound
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I have to agree Crystal Meth is not the answer, its so White Trash.
There's the Sorority Girl Diet.
Lots of Sexcrise, Drink lots of Water, a Salad for Dinner, and cocaine :D
yup cocaine is MUCH classier ;)

4day!!
04-25-2007, 09:41 PM
not to mention losing those pesky teeth, no teeth no eats. Double the weight loss bang!

ratso
04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Binge and purge. Worked for Karen Carpenter. She's lost a lot of weight the past few decades.
Isn't she dead because of her weight loss methods? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif

a catered life
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
yeah have more sex
yea that works:D

02HoWaRd26
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Eat 6 small meals a day, lots of grilled fish, and chicken. after you leave the gym drink a protien shake, (no pun) preferrably one that is slow burn but you need to feed you muscles after any type of work out, and cut the alcohol there is ton's of sugars in all that. and as stated before nix up your whole exercise routine I have went from 239 first of the year and now I am 209-210

All-Star
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Umm eat small spread out meals, and then throw them up. You'll be skinny in no time! ;) All you have to do is consume fewer calories than you burn, you'll be good to go. Sounds like you're doing good so far, stick with it!
My 60 year old mother and I did something like this... But we chose to eat small portions. Not throw up. PLUS we change just slightly our normal physical routeen.
She walked an extra 30 minutes per day. And I did about 30 more minutes per work out and we both lost a ton of weight.
The only difference is that I kept a food journal. I wrote down every bit of food (or other stuff) that past over my lips. Then I had a dietician analyze my intake. I was doing pretty good. But we tweaked (adjusted things.... not did drugs) it a bit and then it jump started my Metabolism to loose weight.
So basically my 53 pound weight loss I feel is contributed to the generic guidence that everyone is directed to but No-one listens to.
+ Small Portions
+ Drink a ton of water
+ Drink a ton of water before you go to eat (so you will be full)
+ Drink Diet soda if you need one
+ I do not order my own meal at a restaurant, I get a small plate made
from other peoples plates.
+ Increase my activity slightly every week. (you will be amazed)
+ Keep a journal of Everyting so I can reflect back on it.
We do not need to eat a ton of food. We just have our brains programed to believe that we need MORE FOOD. Small GOOD protions! Plus a slightly bit more activity then you are used to doing. It is simple, and you will see results.. I promise.
I personally like the franchise... CURVES!!!!!!
Desigend directly for women.
I hope that this helps!
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All-Star
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Eat 6 small meals a day, lots of grilled fish, and chicken. after you leave the gym drink a protien shake, (no pun) preferrably one that is slow burn but you need to feed you muscles after any type of work out, and cut the alcohol there is ton's of sugars in all that. and as stated before nix up your whole exercise routine I have went from 239 first of the year and now I am 209-210
Awesome
I totally agree with you!!
Good job!
I am hoping that you are a guy!

02HoWaRd26
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
HAHA ya sure am. it is nice it also helps to gain alot more energy even though I was at my peak of 245 before x-mas I saw a pic and got grossed out never being that big so I really started working on it. it does not happen at once.

DAVEO
04-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Ok first go get the book ( the zone by Dr. Berry sears) He has the diet thing wired. It is a very tech. book so I think they published a non tech book for easy learning. 2nd. watch your heart rate make sure you are in the 65% range to burn fat. The first 15 min training in the HR you are burning sugars then the next 30min you are burning fat anymore you are burning muscle. The best is to warm up 15 min. weight train then 45 min at your taget HR 65% of your max HR. Your done. Now the scale might say you lost then you gained then you lost. Weigh yourself once a month only not daily not weekly but once a month. Reason, you weight will shange 5 lbs a day easy due to food intake and other daily things that happen. Start there if you have any questions let me know and I will explane as much as I can for you.

superdave013
04-26-2007, 08:21 AM
ride a bike, you know, the outside kind.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Do not eat unhealthy carbs, a good rule of thumb is nothing white..no white bread, no white rice, no sugar, etc.
:D

wolfie
04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Isn't she dead because of here weight loss methods? http://***boat.com/ubb/graemlins/idea_2.gif
Decomposition is a hell of a weight loss tool.

photo chick
04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
Yeah just go read the thread about Albertsons and the meat deli.......you'll loose your appetite!:D

Silver
04-26-2007, 09:35 AM
OMG FUNNY!
No really...get a stripper pole in your room! Drink tons get naked and have fun! Within a week you'll tone up and drop some pounds! All while having blast! :D

Silver
04-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Funny in your pic you look all of 100 pounds! Hehe ;)

Indobos
04-26-2007, 09:43 AM
This always works!!
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/8883/smokecrackvp9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Magnuman
04-26-2007, 09:53 AM
This might work!:D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220px-Ball_gag1.jpg