PDA

View Full Version : any one in scissor lifts???

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
I need to rent one... atleast 40 ft thats less then 60" wide( get thru a fondation and stone wall) I know they use to make some that had out riggers. every thing I can find local is 7'+... god I wish I could remember who use to make one...
its going on concrete.

shrek
04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Where do you need one?
40' high scissor, less than 60" wide does not exist.........today, at least.
32' Platform high is the best you could get with a scissor lift.........at least with that width parameter.....
I would suggest and electric narrow articulating boom, for those specs.....such as:
http://www.jlg.com/Products/PDF/Eseries_SS.pdf
Let me know if I can help......... msvatos@ur.com
Shrek

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 08:00 PM
down town sacramento.

shrek
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
down town sacramento.
If you can use one of those booms, let me know, and I will hook you up with one of my buddies up in our norcal aerial branch.......
E-mail me your contact information, and I will have someone call you tomorrow....
msvatos@ur.com
Shrek

rivrrts429
04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
anything that size is going to be over 7'. Better to stick with what shrek says with the articulating boom. PM me if you need any help, I can order it and have it shipped out of our sacramento yard.
Shrek, you work for UR?

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks, but I don't think a boom is a option :cry: ...( I wish it was, would make this a cake walk. Electrical lines and other lines in the way would be very hard to get it to go all the way up) I've only got around 60" all the way down the side of the building. ( and a tree is already coming down to get that) I really have to go up 53 ft to the peak.( of which a pole gun will get me there) Sad part is there is not even enough room to even get a extention ladder( and have it be safe) scaffolding is not a option ethier do to several reasons.

rivrrts429
04-26-2007, 08:51 PM
what the hell are you trying to do. How about dynamite to bring this hell of a building down to a comfortable working height:D

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
what the hell are you trying to do. How about dynamite to bring this hell of a building down to a comfortable working height:D
um lest see.. its 32 ft by 64 3 storys + a basement... 1st floor is around 7' off of grade.
I'm going to be painting + a bunch of rot repair( mainly up top... I wonder why no one has done it in the last 40 years :) )

rivrrts429
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
um lest see.. its 32 ft by 64 3 storys + a basement... 1st floor is around 7' off of grade.
I'm going to be painting + a bunch of rot repair( mainly up top... I wonder why no one has done it in the last 40 years :) )
I can have a rep come by your job tomorrow and figure out what would work best or at the very least point you in the right direction. I work in the inland empire but I know all of our reps up North. Let me know.

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
I can have a rep come by your job tomorrow and figure out what would work best or at the very least point you in the right direction. I work in the inland empire but I know all of our reps up North. Let me know.
That would work... I'll be there monday to talk to the owner... I'll PM you some contact info.

shrek
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks, but I don't think a boom is a option :cry: ...( I wish it was, would make this a cake walk. Electrical lines and other lines in the way would be very hard to get it to go all the way up) I've only got around 60" all the way down the side of the building. ( and a tree is already coming down to get that) I really have to go up 53 ft to the peak.( of which a pole gun will get me there) Sad part is there is not even enough room to even get a extention ladder( and have it be safe) scaffolding is not a option ethier do to several reasons.
Sure a boom wont work.?.......That boom is Zero Tail swing.......narrow model........The counterweight will not go outside of the widest dimension. They are bad ass little booms, and I rent the heck out of them......
If you could fit/use a scissor to do this, this boom should work.....the base is basically the rough dimension of a scissor, but it is much heavier so it can swing and artic out.......
Send me a picture, or the job address and we will get a rep out there to figure out a way for you to get your job done........
Shrek

shrek
04-26-2007, 09:02 PM
anything that size is going to be over 7'. Better to stick with what shrek says with the articulating boom. PM me if you need any help, I can order it and have it shipped out of our sacramento yard.
Shrek, you work for UR?
Yup......Branch Manager for UR.........
Are you in the industry?
Shrek

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Sure a boom wont work.?.......That boom is Zero Tail swing.......narrow model........The counterweight will not go outside of the widest dimension. They are bad ass little booms, and I rent the heck out of them......
Send me a picture, or the job address and we will get a rep out there to figure out a way for you to get your job done........
Shrek
Will do I'll get you one monday. I've got about 2 weeks before I'm starting anyways.

rivrrts429
04-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Will do I'll get you one monday. I've got about 2 weeks before I'm starting anyways.
PM sent

rivrrts429
04-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Yup......Branch Manager for UR.........
Are you in the industry?
Shrek
Sales Rep for Sunstate. Was a Branch Manager till I realized I'm not a good babysitter:D :D
Sorry for the thread jack yellowboat

YeLLowBoaT
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
no biggy... I knew some one on ***boat would be in eq sales/ rental. I must have made about 30 phone calls to every one in and around sac... Hopfully I get lucky.