PDA

View Full Version : Got some free horsepower from my boat :)

OliverM5
04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Took the Blown Scarab out of storage last week in Havi and took it to Dean at DWB Motorsports to get it ready to run. Long story short we start it up and check everything only to find that there is a big leak in the intercooler and we are losing boost. We had to order the parts to fix it, but I put the boat on the water the way it was and was stoked when it ran as strong as it did last year (mid 80's)....
I guess I've been running it broken this whole time - I'm expecting a good 50-100hp increase after we fix it.....90's anyone????? :D
Now I just have to get the damn thing to stop chining all over the place!!:mad:

superdave013
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
lucky you didn't blow yourself up man. Think about it, unless you are running direct port injection you were pumping your engine compartment with an explosive mixture of gas and air.

OliverM5
04-27-2007, 03:08 PM
lucky you didn't blow yourself up man. Think about it, unless you are running direct port injection you were pumping your engine compartment with an explosive mixture of gas and air.
It is actually injected....no fuel coming out...

scarabrick2
04-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Put longer tabs on in the horz position. Oh and the faster you go you will just drive thru the chine walk. Seriously man be carefull and enjoy