PDA

View Full Version : factory matched gelcoat

CastaicPiper
04-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Hey guys
I was wondering if anyone make factory matched gelcoat colors. Last week at shasta was a little rough on the boat and I have a few scratches to take care of. Its 97 Four Winns white and dark blue. I know its not a HB but untill the kids are out its all I got.

DUCKY
04-29-2007, 08:10 AM
A Company called Spectrum ( I am sure you can find them online) offers the "factory match" colors, but I can assure you that the colors are close at best, and the quality is not very good. It's kinda like going to a paint store and asking for "1996 Ford White". It will be in the ballpark, but it won't match well enough to blend in a repair. If you are trying to do your own repairs, you'd be better off getting a local shop to make you up a quart or so.

axkiker
05-10-2007, 05:34 AM
if you can get a 1"x1" square of your gel coat you can send that in to spectrum and they will do a computerized color match.

axkiker
05-10-2007, 05:35 AM
I also forgot to say that they will include extra colors like black and red with instructions on how to match color based on how it looks.

ratso
05-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I tell you, I've never had much luck with companies matching gelcoat. Almost all still have to be tinted when we do the job. I have an awesome tint guy and it blows my mind how he can match stuff up. I'd never get it in the same ball park if it was left up to me.:jawdrop: