PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a 1999 or 2000 Porsche CarreraC2 or 4?

beaverretriever
04-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Good car? Have you had any bad experiences with it? How many miles do you have and how many is too many?
I know, dumb questions. Need the info.

Invisible Sun
04-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Never owned one, but worked on many. I was a Porsche tech up until 3 weeks ago. I used to love when these cars came in if that gives you any idea how good of a car they are. The motors are a little weak to say the least. We would do at least 4 crank seals a week. At least one would turn into a complete engine replacement (around 50K mind you). Coolant bottles, water pumps, air mass meters, ignition switches, clutches, and 30K's are where the money is. Not to put a down'er on your purchase, but make sure you have a good aftermarket shop lined up when you need repairs. Also make sure you pay the money for a good aftermarket extended warranty. It will save you huge $$$. I do have one reflection on my experience at Porsche, the test drives where phenomenal. Those new 997 turbos are brain spinning fast!:eek:

Kindsvater Flat
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
This is my brothers second one. He has had very good luck with them. The first one was a really dark cobalt blue. I liked that one the best. This is the triple gray. I still refuse to drive it.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/disney/images/IMG_0915.jpg