PDA

View Full Version : had fun at the lake but.......

TahitiTiger
04-28-2007, 08:41 PM
some a$$ hat stole a bearing buddy off my trailer while we were out on the lake :mad: ! As it was late and I ran up to get the Bronco and fetch my Tahiti, which is tied to the ramp, I noticed a grey cap missing. Look a little deaper and to my disbeleaf the whole bearing buddy is gone. So I ran to the general store got a coffee cup cut the bottom off it, and used black tape to attach it to my hub. :sqeyes: It stayed on for 100 mile trip home.
Just tweeks me that there is thievery at the lake, to the point of a bearing buddy. Guess I best put a pad lock on my trailer latch too.

H20Advantage
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
That totally sucks but good thinking on your part. You should change your screen name to Mcguyver

Rod-64
04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
That blows:mad: ..........my trailer is ugly so they leave mine alone........so far.

TRG
04-28-2007, 08:57 PM
I lost three (3) B buddies last season just from trailering alone, i check my bearing hub temp at every single stop i make. is it possible that you might have lost it during your 100 mile tow?

watergun4u
04-28-2007, 09:03 PM
some a$$ hat stole a bearing buddy off my trailer while we were out on the lake :mad: ! As it was late and I ran up to get the Bronco and fetch my Tahiti, which is tied to the ramp, I noticed a grey cap missing. Look a little deaper and to my disbeleaf the whole bearing buddy is gone. So I ran to the general store got a coffee cup cut the bottom off it, and used black tape to attach it to my hub. :sqeyes: It stayed on for 100 mile trip home.
Just tweeks me that there is thievery at the lake, to the point of a bearing buddy. Guess I best put a pad lock on my trailer latch too.
hey bro sorry for your loses, but just to let you know, I:D have had a few just come off, and not notice it right away, so that may be the case also, just my 2 cents!

TahitiTiger
04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
I lost three (3) B buddies last season just from trailering alone, i check my bearing hub temp at every single stop i make. is it possible that you might have lost it during your 100 mile tow?
Yeah I know it didn't fly off in tow. No grease all over my wheel for one, big blob of grease sitting in the parking lot, and last when I parked the Bronco I do a quick walk around to kinda make sure I didn't forget something. Plus I had just installed them the night before, so when I arrived I checked em for grease, and they were both there :(
I'm going to smack my old Dico caps back on, no one tried to steal those LOL

slotracer
04-28-2007, 09:10 PM
what lake were you at? 2 years ago i had a light stolen from my trailer at
don pedro.

YeLLowBoaT
04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
It takes alot of work to get those off if they were installed correctly( you have to tap them from side to side with a hammer). I would check the hub, if its bent or sligthly out of round it most likly fell off.

XtrmWakeborder
04-28-2007, 10:11 PM
I drilled and tapped a hole on the side so I could put an allen set screw on the sides. Makes it a bit harder to take/ come off.

OSidePat
04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Its like you cant leave anything anywhere anymore ....sucks!

TahitiTiger
04-29-2007, 06:58 AM
what lake were you at? 2 years ago i had a light stolen from my trailer at
don pedro.
Lake San Antonio, used to be a nice family place. They have recently upped the rangers there due to gang violence and theft.

Warlockjer
04-29-2007, 07:04 AM
They defanatley can fall off. trust me, I have over the years lost some while towing. Would have hated to have been following me:)

04-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Last time I launched at Take Off Point, some A-Hole stole my trailering plug (round to five flat) and it was'nt even a busy weeked. Luckly I had some wire in the truck.

Riomouse911
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
I've lost bearing buddies trailering as well, I keep an extra in the truck box in case I lose another. Crazy Horse last Sept was a joke, some a-hole took the spare tire cover off of my trailer, and some other prick took an entire ice chest from another guy in our group.. and it was 5 feet from his tent. Maybe I'm too harsh, but sawing off a right hand of a thief in the town square is OK in my book.