PDA

View Full Version : Think your house is safe.

HCS
04-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Bump key.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/498491/lock_bumping_in_the_news_san_francisco_3/

b's sanger
04-29-2007, 09:14 AM
That sucks.

I DIG IT !
04-29-2007, 09:23 AM
WOW thats a little scary

boatsnblondes
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Getting all my locks changed Monday, thanks for heads up....

Havasu Sun
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
thanks for the info, never heard of those before.

Morg
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Pretty much all true. And like said they have been a secret tool for locksmiths for decades, the internet screwed it up.
Remember the crook needs to match the brand, the key way & the number if pins in the cylinder. But all the examples except the padlock were Schlage, "C" key way, 5 pin, very common.
Don't know if the home centers are offering any high security stuff yet. Fortunately we have stuff on the shelf at our shop that will not allow a bump key. Sort of depends on what lock you have if just the cylinder can be changed out or if a complete lock is needed.
I use High Security cylinders & two 110lb. Akitas as a deterrent.:) :devil: :)

marty722
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I have 4 cameras inside and 4 outside and they all ftp up to the internet, so if they want to come in and take the computers all of there pics will be safe on the internet for me to pull down and bust there ass..... I also have them as my daughter is home alone and I can look in on her from the internet if anything is to happen.......I live in a nice hood but you never know what and when something is going to happen.... Plus when my daughter and wife are home alone they can see who is knocking on the front door via the camera..... I've been ripped off once and they never caught the person so now I'm ready to nail them....