View Full Version : Tatoos banned in Cali County

cjordan
02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Whatcha Cali people think of this Gem.... :rolleyes:
Calif. County Bans Tattoos for Employees
Feb 08 2:20 AM US/Eastern
Email this story
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif.
Public employees in San Bernardino County are being asked to cover up tattoos and remove visible facial piercings in the workplace.
A dress code adopted by the county Tuesday also bans jeans and T- shirts with logos.
"If we have to cover them up, will the county provide bandages, so we have to go around looking like we're burned?" asked DeDe Cruz, 39, who works in a county office in Fontana and has a small tattoo depicting angel wings on her ankle.
Some said they shouldn't have to wear long-sleeve shirts to cover their tattoos on hot days, while those with piercings worried that removing them can cause the holes in their flesh to close up.
"We're not trying to limit anyone's freedom of expression," said Mark Uffer, county administrative officer. "Some people may find tattoos objectionable. When you come to work, we're asking they be covered. We're no different from banks and credit unions."

Jordy
02-08-2006, 08:33 AM
I don't see a problem with it. If someone is paying your wages they pretty much get to make the rules. As long as it's a blanket policy and not one person getting singled out, run with it. :D
They also banned jeans and t-shirts with logos? That's a no brainer, depending on the job. I'm not supposed to wear jeans to work, but will when I'm not going into the office. As far as t-shirts with logos??? Who wears those to work, at least in a professional, municipal, deal with the public kind of setting?

Jbb
02-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't see a problem with it. If someone is paying your wages they pretty much get to make the rules. As long as it's a blanket policy and not one person getting singled out, run with it. :D
They also banned jeans and t-shirts with logos? That's a no brainer, depending on the job. I'm not supposed to wear jeans to work, but will when I'm not going into the office. As far as t-shirts with logos??? Who wears those to work, at least in a professional, municipal, deal with the public kind of setting?
Brown always wears his...Im with stupid t shirt to work...

Jordy
02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
From what I hear, they were quite popular at Canadian surplus stores. Buy 1 get 50 free or something like that. :D

C-2
02-08-2006, 08:48 AM
I think it's great. Sometimes in life you have to deal with county/city agencies, which takes away our inability to refuse to do business with them.
Why should we have to put up with some freak behind the counter? Why should we have their personal expression engrained on us? If I wanna deal with a freak, I'll just go to Starbucks.
Besides, there are many more important personal expression issues in life - like strippers. :eek: :eek: :eek:

MAINEVENT
02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
The way i see it is... If their paying my bills, and its my choice to work there and i have to cover up my tats guess its gonna be one long hot fugg'n summer, rules apply at every work place,

THATJEFFGUY
02-08-2006, 09:03 AM
"If we have to cover them up, will the county provide bandages, so we have to go around looking like we're burned?" asked DeDe Cruz, 39, who works in a county office in Fontana and has a small tattoo depicting angel wings on her ankle.
Unfortunately they have to come up with these rules because some employees take "casual Fridays" way too far. They don't know the meaning of "business casual", and think that torn jeans and a wife beater with all their tatts and piercings exposed is OK for the workplace...dumbasses ! And DeDe, go buy yourself a bandage. It will probably look alot better than that old blown out angle wing tattoo on your 39 year old fat ankle anyway ! Take notice where "DeDe" is from...go figure !

Run_em_Hard
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I would have to agree with everyone else. I would rather go into a city building and deal with a nicely dressed person that one with tats and piercings everywhere. I have always felt that if you want to work in a business environment make sure you can cover that shit up or take it out.

MagicMtnDan
02-08-2006, 11:15 AM
It's easy. If they don't like it they can go interview for jobs elsewhere. Good luck getting hired looking like a FREAK! :220v:

Tom Brown
02-08-2006, 11:18 AM
About eight years ago, we adopted a casual workplace attire policy. It sucked. People were coming in with torn jeans, shorts, t-shirts with graphics that were in poor taste. Many of the women, of course, dressed like wh0res. We stuck with it for about three years.
It seemed like all meetings started 10 minutes late. Everyone was good and relaxed but professionalism seemed rare. There were some people who didn't push it too far and continued to be professional and do their jobs but many had a three year holiday.
I was glad when we went back to “dress casual”. Holy cow... there were some things worn to work that I wouldn't wear out of the house. I normally don't care how someone looks but when they come 30 minutes late to a meeting, look like they just came from the beach, and clown around the whole time, it doesn't play well.
Some of the women still dress like wh0res but now they come in tight skirts and heels, instead of hot pants and flip-flops. Life is good. :cool:

Sleek-Jet
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
About eight years ago, we adopted a casual workplace attire policy. It sucked. People were coming in with torn jeans, shorts, t-shirts with graphics that were in poor taste. Many of the women, of course, dressed like wh0res. We stuck with it for about three years.
It seemed like all meetings started 10 minutes late. Everyone was good and relaxed but professionalism seemed rare. There were some people who didn't push it too far and continued to be professional and do their jobs but many had a three year holiday.
I was glad when we went back to “dress casual”. Holy cow... there were some things worn to work that I wouldn't wear out of the house. I normally don't care how someone looks but when they come 30 minutes late to a meeting, look like they just came from the beach, and clown around the whole time, it doesn't play well.
So what is "dress casual" at an S&M shop... No armor-all on the leather???

Jbb
02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
About eight years ago, we adopted a casual workplace attire policy. It sucked. People were coming in with torn jeans, shorts, t-shirts with graphics that were in poor taste. :cool:
I guess the graphics i included something other than an outboard....

PlyaPlya22
02-08-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree, if there paying the bills, they can dictate how your work appearance should be.

HighRoller
02-08-2006, 01:01 PM
There is no "freedom of expression" while you're on the clock. If they want to express themselves they can start their own business, right?
The whole "casual" thing has gotten out of control. It's expected that people dress casual at school, but I laugh my ass off everyday in class. Half of the girls are showing buttcrack, which sucks because 90% of them are nasty. A huge black girl who insists on wearing hip huggers and rolled down sweats nearly killed us the other day when she bent over forward to grab a paper off the desk in front of her and we all got to see a tiny pink micro-thong that disappeared into 6 inches of hairy asscrack :messedup: :sqeyes: Of course there are the good moments like a hot chick who goes commando and has a hole the size of a football in the back of her jeans....

RAZORSHARP
02-08-2006, 01:15 PM
So i think I'll just tattoo some cufflinks on my wrist. Long sleeves right?

chub
02-08-2006, 02:02 PM
We wear uniforms at our shop. Some of us have tats but we don't have crazy stuff showing. If they said I had to cover I would but I'd be lookin for another shop to work at. I only wear the unifirm at work also, when their paying me to do so. It's cool how a little respect between management and labor goes a long way!