PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Havi...

OnlyMoney
02-08-2006, 08:31 AM
We'll be there this weekend. Have a bday party on Saturday night, might put the boat in the water :rollside: , but we'll be riding the quads for sure (because I miss it) and cruising in the golf cart. Anyone else going??

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Where are you staying at??? I may be up there...not totally sure yet...but if so then the Red Room and Mad Dog's are going to be put to use!!! :crossx:

OnlyMoney
02-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Uhhh, our house.... :p

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Uhhh, our house.... :p
ohh :rolleyes: ....sorrrrrrryyyyy!!! :D

Supultlbich
02-08-2006, 08:59 AM
We will be there friday through monday.....Staying at the Nautical, house is still not done :cry:

OnlyMoney
02-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey, at least you're staying at the next best place. :)

Supultlbich
02-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Hey, at least you're staying at the next best place. :)
Its still painfull making interest payments on a construction loan, plus hotel $$$ but what the hell am i supposed to do?????????? I gotta go right?

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Its still painfull making interest payments on a construction loan, plus hotel $$$ but what the hell am i supposed to do?????????? I gotta go right?
Looks like I will be taking the boat with me....shall we meet up??? :crossx:

OnlyMoney
02-08-2006, 02:08 PM
We've all been there before....yes you do have to go. :rollside:

Supultlbich
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
We've all been there before....yes you do have to go. :rollside:
Then Its decided We will be there!!!!!!!!! Leaving in 12 hours!!!!!!!! See you all tommorow and Saturday!!

shueman
02-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Havi will be a little BUZY with boat traffic this wk-nd....
Speed and Endurance
APBA Returns This Weekend
LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ - Are you ready? The 2006 Mark Hahn Memorial 300 Mile Endurance Race is set to launch this Saturday morning from Crazy Beach at Crazy Horse Campground in Lake Havasu. Almost 60 teams are set to compete in the harrowing event. They all want to break last year’s American Power Boat Association (APBA) Endurance Record of 5 Hours 13 Minutes to cover the 300 miles set at last year's event by Mike Follmer and Billy Womack aboard their R and D Yamaha GP 1300R.
DSM Events owner Jim Russell and Follmer are in charge of the race which features two for runabout (sit down) boat teams and up to three riders for a stand-up craft. Solo riders are also welcome to “Ironman” the race on either style of boat, a real test of endurance and stamina reserved for only the true endurance zealots.
Russell, a long time resident of Lake Havasu calls it “a world class event and he says it “will pit all the teams against the wind, rough water and long runs that this event has become synonymous with.” The teams also have to make fuel stops without spilling fuel and make rider changes several times during the race.
Follmer told TSN the race is named after Mark Hahn, who died during a jet ski event in Parker in 2004. Hahn was 53 when he died during race, collapsing from a heart attack and going full throttle into the beach. Follmer said winning the race last year, the first year of the memorial for his friend, “was like out of a movie script.” He and Womack are teaming up again this year, but he says the competition is intense. Spectators can watch the thrilling 300-miler atop a mountain at the campground.
By the way: interestingly, there are some women competing as well, including Kay Sykes and Andrea Ivanez. They compete on equal footing with their male counterparts.
Admission is $8 at the Crazy Horse Campgrounds on Saturday morning. An awards ceremony takes place at the London Bridge Resort that night.