PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm great / Site six better

havasu522
04-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I must say that site 6 never lets you down. From the guy that ran out of gas in his escalade when putting his trailer in the water to pull his boat out to the guy that passed out while waiting to put his trailer in the water and then tried to reform his Left trailer fender on the pole at the launch ramp.:idea::jawdrop: I only wish I had a camera . But there were plenty of people that did hope they share the fun with all of you . So thanks to all of you that love site 6 to launch No one could write comedy like that !!!!!!!!!! :D

Redneck
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
I must say that site 6 never lets you down. From the guy that ran out of gas in his escalade when putting his trailer in the water to pull his boat out to the guy that passed out while waiting to put his trailer in the water and then tried to reform his Left trailer fender on the pole at the launch ramp.:idea::jawdrop: I only wish I had a camera . But there were plenty of people that did hope they share the fun with all of you . So thanks to all of you that love site 6 to launch No one could write comedy like that !!!!!!!!!! :D
i like the truck that thought it needed to be deeper in the water always good to get water in the cab

raff
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
i like the truck that thought it needed to be deeper in the water always good to get water in the cab
Now thats how you load a PONTOON:eek: :eek:

hipcash
04-29-2007, 05:50 PM
The pontoon was probably one of the best I've seen yet. Who has pics of that?

havasu522
04-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Can't forget the guy with girl pasted out in the boat with her mouth wide open , And yes the pontoon was the best and when the guy yells your not in deep enough your front tires are not wet yet ! well thats when I lost It

OutCole'd
04-29-2007, 06:17 PM
We're only here to help....:D
That was a great time.

hipcash
04-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Thats it come on back:D

25dic
04-29-2007, 06:39 PM
You are not really telling this without pictures. You're killing me!!:D

havasu522
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
Dads going to be pissed when he sees what you did to his boat!:D

Garrddogg
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
AH MAN some ones got to have pics!!

havasu522
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
And theres always the guy that weighs 250+ and leans over to see were his boats lined up and the damn thing almost flips over, And of course someone yells tell your wife to get on the other side to level it out ! :D :D :D :D

Infamous
04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
All these stories....anyone going to post pics.

OutCole'd
04-29-2007, 07:05 PM
What about the boat that was all crooked when they drove it up the ramp & had to get back in line to dip it again. Classic. I asked my son, what do you want to do, go to Havasu Hot laps, or Site 6. Needless to say, Site 6 rocked.

BigDoug
04-29-2007, 07:09 PM
You can count on a great time every saturday night, we've been there till 2am on a major holiday weekend before, Todd969 even had pizza delivered down there too !!

Throttle
04-29-2007, 08:23 PM
You can count on a great time every saturday night, we've been there till 2am on a major holiday weekend before, Todd969 even had pizza delivered down there too !!
it was a good time down there last nite...:D
i was so tired after a long day on the water I didnt want to even take pics ... no you guys no me better than that... I was spent!

MR.rvrluvr
04-29-2007, 08:25 PM
that was me and your welcome..:D :D

TBONE1904
04-29-2007, 08:43 PM
You are not really telling this without pictures. You're killing me!!:D
Yes I need to see some pictures...even an Escalade with a jack knifed jet ski trailer on the ramp will work for me!!!

Redneck
04-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Come on back Deeper is better Remember we are here to help
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/River_4_27_07_013.jpg

Riveratz
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Site 6 is like ***boat.com you cannot help to just go look!
Here is the Escalade that ran out of gas.....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29906&stc=1&d=1177982961
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29907&stc=1&d=1177982969

INSman
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Just goes to prove my point that a new "TOOL" is born every minute :D

atomickitn
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
funny thing the first time i took my boat out this summer i had no choice but to launch at #6....long story short with all the work woody and me had done over the winter i forgot to put my new sticker on and nobody would let me launch soo we found our way over to #6....even as experianced as i am .....AND with all my buddys watching and even heckling me ........all i could think about was dont f**k up azz hole or you will never hear the end of it ...........ha ha ha ha ... no worries we came out with flying colors and was out of the water and enjoying watching the rest of the clowns....i will tell you this even with as much ramp experiance that i have that ramp is just a lil tough..:D

hipcash
04-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Come on back Deeper is better Remember we are here to help
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/River_4_27_07_013.jpg
That guy was getting so pissed. I wanted to help him so bad, but just couldn't bring myself to ruin the entertainment :D

Chromegorilla
04-30-2007, 07:33 PM
OK someone needs to shoot some damn video of that place.... like a compilation of idiots. And post it...or burn a dvd.....:)
How else can us guys on the east coast enjoy it? :D

NuckinFutz
04-30-2007, 07:43 PM
it was a good time down there last nite...:D
i was so tired after a long day on the water I didnt want to even take pics ... no you guys no me better than that... I was spent!
Do you mean you let me sit in line for hours just because these dudes only had enough cash for boat gas and beer, and cut the car gas short by a 1/4 gallon.

OutCole'd
04-30-2007, 07:53 PM
There is a guy there every week with a video camera, not sure if he's on the boards though. I'm sure Todd or Doug know him. Next time out I'll ask.

raff
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
There is a guy there every week with a video camera, not sure if he's on the boards though. I'm sure Todd or Doug know him. Next time out I'll ask.
that's what I was going to say. He has to be doing some think with all that footage:idea:

INI
05-01-2007, 05:57 AM
stupid question i know.....Where is site six? :)
I think its time to shoot some pixs this weeekend...

havasu522
05-01-2007, 06:08 AM
Site 6 is on the island by the old airport Look for the old control tower and the entrance is across the street just past the mobil home park ( the fun begins around 5pm ...:D :D :D :D

plaster dave
05-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I just don't get hanging out and watching. It's entertaining when there but I like to leave and go back to the room and take a shower.

Mrs. Bear Down
05-01-2007, 07:39 AM
:DMan I'll never forget the 1st time someone convinced us that a free launch ramp was the way to go!!!
We had a 20ft boat, and a 2 wheel drive tahoe!!! Needless to say, I waited 2hrs to get to the launch ramp because of the lines... I had a van that was all 70's out with a disco ball flashing, side doors open, and shag carpet with bean bags inside of it in front of me!!
So its time for me to back down now... I rolled down my windows so I could see, and everyone up on the sides stood up to watch!! Yeah great!! Girl, getting boat no 4 wheel drive, and a bunch of drunk guys in our boat!! Great combo right? Some guy turned on a spot light on me and everything!!
So I back down... and down... and down... and people are just watching... I'm shaking from the nerves!! My husb. comes up, and lands it perfectly! Then I crank it up, and proceed to get out of the water... dropped it to 1st gear, rode the break & gas at the same time... everyone is yelling so many things that I just rolled up my windows and turned up the tunes cause they were freaking me out!! Some tool pulls up right in front of me to cause me to stop right in the middle of the ramp!! So I kicked it to 3rd, blasted my horn, and gunned it up the hill!! Everyone was cheering and clapping and hurraying me!! So my husband says... "that's right biatches!! And she's a chick!!"... Guy that cut me off put his back doors into the water!!! HA!!!
So I'll never launch there again, unless its in the winter!!

havasu522
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
These stories are great keep them coming . :D :sqeyes: :devil:

INI
05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Site 6 is on the island by the old airport Look for the old control tower and the entrance is across the street just past the mobil home park ( the fun begins around 5pm ...:D :D :D :D
thanks havasu :D

Partycattin
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
It's always a show. I just love the jet ski trailer guys that park the truck with trailer in the water and leave it there for a 1/2 hour while they go find their seadoos. lame.
I have to admit. I do get nervous launching there. Wifee and I pretty much have it down and get in and out quick, but with 100 peolple staring at you, anything can happen.
Havasu522. Welcome to the boards. There are a lot of Simi folk on here.

Lunatic
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
On St. Patty's day, I launched from ite six because the beachcomber was to low. No problems putting the boat in but coming out was a different story. I actually high centered my boat trailer on the ramp and had to smoke my tires to get my boat out of the water.
THis was not very fun......I would rather pay the money for winsor if the water is still low for the beachcomber..

EAZYKILLER2006
05-01-2007, 10:50 PM
dropping isnt much of a problem, i just dont understand why anyone would choose to pick up at site six, knowing you could run into problems...(depending on your vehicle)
last time i threw the boat in the water at site six...i sure wasnt going to attempt to pick up there...i went around to winsor :D to pick up...:devil:
with everyone watching , noway;)

killerbeez
05-02-2007, 04:17 AM
Saturday night was a great show when the guy came in HOT and slammed into the trailor,almost nailing his buddy at the front who was not paying attention.Great action....

EAZYKILLER2006
05-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Saturday night was a great show when the guy came in HOT and slammed into the trailor,almost nailing his buddy at the front who was not paying attention.Great action....
some day we may end up over there, to kick back and watch some of the crazy shait.;)
theres got to be more pics ...come on, post up peeps!