PDA

View Full Version : Heads up for Havasu homeowners>>>>>>>>>

Not So Fast
04-30-2007, 01:36 PM
They are at it again:mad: In my neighbor hood anyway I noticed they are spraying the streets with oil/sealer crap and of course they never broadcast any sand on top of it, they would rather let you drive on it bare so that your driveway and garage get all f---ed up, stupid bastards. And as always right when it gets hot so that it stays sticky forever, it's just plain ole BULLSHIT and they DONT CARE. So if you have one of those nice garage floors BEWARE!!!!!:( NSF PS in the Aviation Streets, N. Palo Verde below 95!!

ZZ-Man
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
NSF its probable a fog seal. 50% ss1-h emulsion with 50 % h2o. Some people call it a moisture barrier in all reality its just for looks, no structure at all. It should dry as soon as it hits the ground. best bet give it a day and it will be ok. I can't believe they didn't give notice.

Quest4Fun
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
They are doing it on the Southside of town too. Noticed several intersections today where they put some kind of black tar down near the corners, but not all over the road. They have repaved our street twice within about 6 months. First they put a tar down all over the street in the middle of summer which made for a huge mess and never sealed properly. Then about six months later they came out and put down a tar and then followed right behind with a gravel truck and laid pebbles on top. They did give us notice, but it still is irritating.

nielly
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
They slurried our street last year about the same time. I had good luck with WD40 in getting the tar off of the trailer and garage floor.

Throttle
04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
lots of streets look like crap today, and so does my clean truck.:mad:

Warlockjer
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Bobby, time to move up to the Ghetto,
They don't repair the streets up here........:) :)

Not So Fast
04-30-2007, 02:36 PM
NSF its probable a fog seal. 50% ss1-h emulsion with 50 % h2o. Some people call it a moisture barrier in all reality its just for looks, no structure at all. It should dry as soon as it hits the ground. best bet give it a day and it will be ok. I can't believe they didn't give notice.
Thanks ZZ, it is a sealer of some type that they say is OK to drive on after 24 hrs but they did it last year same time and it was being tracked on the driveways and into garages for over 4-5 weeks,stayed tacky forever, horrible crap. If they would just broadcast some sand on it or change the mix then it wouldnt be so sticky. After being in the Operating Engineers Local 12 for 25 years I have some knowledge of this type of thing (did a lot of paving) and Havasu is so out of it that it makes me laugh. If they did this type of thing in say Newport or Santa Monica or Encino etc. they would have their asses sued off. My neighbor called about it last year because he had just spent like $4000 on his floor and they more or less told him to F----off, sue us if you dont like it, great attitude right, and he was polite. Havasu, go figure. Still beats living in So. Cal. though. NSF

n8dawg
04-30-2007, 03:10 PM
It was SS 1 H emulsion. I can't believe the city didn't post up any signs in the neighborhood. If any of your shit gets messed up I would go after the city. They're usually pretty cool about taking care of the homeowner.
Local 12
Nate

Not So Fast
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
It was SS 1 H emulsion. I can't believe the city didn't post up any signs in the neighborhood. If any of your shit gets messed up I would go after the city. They're usually pretty cool about taking care of the homeowner.
Local 12
Nate
Thanks brother, yea its not what I would call a fog seal because they use a tack truck with a spreader bar just like when they pave and it goes down just like tack, runny as hell. Not good, I had just put a wet look sealer on my garage floor last year when they did this and needless to say it looked like hell, still does where the tires park!!!! :( NSF

RiverRatMike
04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
They are at it again:mad: In my neighbor hood anyway I noticed they are spraying the streets with oil/sealer crap and of course they never broadcast any sand on top of it, they would rather let you drive on it bare so that your driveway and garage get all f---ed up, stupid bastards. And as always right when it gets hot so that it stays sticky forever, it's just plain ole BULLSHIT and they DONT CARE. So if you have one of those nice garage floors BEWARE!!!!!:( NSF PS in the Aviation Streets, N. Palo Verde below 95!!
those road working guys are so board they don't have anything else better to do than tear up a completely good street surface, and waste tons of money! :confused:

Focker
04-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Thanks brother, yea its not what I would call a fog seal because they use a tack truck with a spreader bar just like when they pave and it goes down just like tack, runny as hell. Not good, I had just put a wet look sealer on my garage floor last year when they did this and needless to say it looked like hell, still does where the tires park!!!! :( NSF
was probably a raider fan

BadKachina
04-30-2007, 07:16 PM
We rented a house on Jones and Acoma this weekend and they had just done the street before we arrived. It sucked but we just left the trucks and boats on the street and removed our shoes at the door. It wasn't really that big of a deal. I was more worried about slinging crap all over the boat and trailer but we just drove slow enough for that not to happen.

Not So Fast
05-01-2007, 07:06 AM
was probably a raider fan
We finally agree on somethong Focker. :D Are you happy with your draft? I haven' read much on our first picks, hope they are worthy. NSF