PDA

View Full Version : Couple Havi Questions...

707dog
05-02-2007, 06:38 AM
we are coming down in a few weeks and i was wanting to know..
IS OVERNIGHT PARKING IN THE CHANNEL ALLOWED IN FRONT OF THE KINGSVEIW CONDO'S?(for the boat)
WHATS THE LATEST AND EARLIEST WE CAN LAUNCH AND RETRIEVE OUR BOAT??(from windsor)
AND WHERE CAN WE GET A GOOD DINNER AT AND PLACE THAT CAN ACCOMIDATE AROUND 15-20 PEEPS AT A TIME??(open to what ever kinda
food)

Hardly Satisfied
05-02-2007, 06:47 AM
IS OVERNIGHT PARKING IN THE CHANNEL ALLOWED IN FRONT OF THE KINGSVEIW CONDO'S?(for the boat)
WHATS THE LATEST AND EARLIEST WE CAN LAUNCH AND RETRIEVE OUR BOAT??(from windsor)
AND WHERE CAN WE GET A GOOD DINNER AT AND PLACE THAT CAN ACCOMIDATE AROUND 15-20 PEEPS AT A TIME??(open to what ever kinda
food)
I was told yes you can leave your boat in front of the condo's , but see what others say. On launching it's all night as far as I know. On the food there are places there but you might start calling to see

voodoomedman
05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
I'd do some investigating on leaving the boat in the water. The signs say no now in front of those condos but people are doing it and I think there is a fight between the condos and the city.
You can launch whenever you want at Windsor. If your too early or late and there are no rangers there then you fill out an envelope and place your money in it and drop it in a box.
Maybe try calling Cha Bones for reservations. Supposed to be good and is within walking distance of the condos. You can drink and not worry about driving. Also there are all the restaurants by the bridge but you will have a bit further walk.

Devil's Advocate
05-02-2007, 07:00 AM
food)
At the beginning of the season last year when we stayed at King's View there was no problem with mooring overnight. Then they started ticketing for overnight mooring later in the season. I believe the latest is that they're still ticketing for overnight mooring.

Havasu1986
05-02-2007, 07:04 AM
I'd do some investigating on leaving the boat in the water. The signs say no now in front of those condos but people are doing it and I think there is a fight between the condos and the city.
You can launch whenever you want at Windsor. If your too early or late and there are no rangers there then you fill out an envelope and place your money in it and drop it in a box.
Maybe try calling Cha Bones for reservations. Supposed to be good and is within walking distance of the condos. You can drink and not worry about driving. Also there are all the restaurants by the bridge but you will have a bit further walk.
What VooDoo said is about the best answer you will get.:)

ratso
05-02-2007, 07:07 AM
At the beginning of the season last year when we stayed at King's View there was no problem with mooring overnight. Then they started ticketing for overnight mooring later in the season. I believe the latest is that they're still ticketing for overnight mooring.
I think that applied to everyone but DCB owners...;)
Kachinas were charged double...:D

reDECKulous
05-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Stayed at Kingsview last Labor Day Weekend... left the boat in the water overnight... ticket in the morning and the cops had tracked sand and sh*t all through the boat.... hasn't happy

707dog
05-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Stayed at Kingsview last Labor Day Weekend... left the boat in the water overnight... ticket in the morning and the cops had tracked sand and sh*t all through the boat.... hasn't happy
no shit:eek:damn couldnt even get a courtsy wipe off...well guezz i wont leave it in the water...thankz guyz for the answerz!!...if anybodys down by there honk and throw a wave at us or pull up introduce yourself and have a cold one!!
i did forget to ask where is a good safe area to tow the kids around on the towable towz???

Quest4Fun
05-02-2007, 09:24 AM
no shit:eek:damn couldnt even get a courtsy wipe off...well guezz i wont leave it in the water...thankz guyz for the answerz!!...if anybodys down by there honk and throw a wave at us or pull up introduce yourself and have a cold one!!
i did forget to ask where is a good safe area to tow the kids around on the towable towz???
Some safe areas to tow would be on the other side of Island near Cali shore or south of Steamboat (further south the better). Don't tow between Northern mouth of lake and up to Hwy 40...wouldn't believe how many people do this. It is illegal and highly dangerous. :jawdrop:

707dog
05-03-2007, 05:18 AM
thanks to all for the info:D ...cant wait only a couple weeks!!!!!

Ivan Dan
05-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Indigo Joe's has some great food and can accomodate that many people. And they have a gazillion TV's in there so you can watch all the playoff games too.:D

HavasuSelect
05-03-2007, 07:23 AM
You should have sent them the bill to have the boat detailed.

707dog
05-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Indigo Joe's has some great food and can accomodate that many people. And they have a gazillion TV's in there so you can watch all the playoff games too.:D
GOOD CHIT THANX BRO!!

NuckinFutz
05-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Spent Friday night with the boat on the water and no problems. Saturday night I pulled it out since I needed to fuel up for Sunday. Friend left his boat in the water over Saturday night and was out taking an early walk about 5:30when he noticed the local revenue collectors ticketing boats. He dove into his and went out in the bay for an hour. When he returned the boats next to his had been ticketed and it said the fine was $250.

707dog
05-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Spent Friday night with the boat on the water and no problems. Saturday night I pulled it out since I needed to fuel up for Sunday. Friend left his boat in the water over Saturday night and was out taking an early walk about 5:30when he noticed the local revenue collectors ticketing boats. He dove into his and went out in the bay for an hour. When he returned the boats next to his had been ticketed and it said the fine was $250.
daaamn thats some $$ there...fok that cant be cutting into my drinking and eating funds!!