PDA

View Full Version : Daddy and son river weekend this weekend

lewiville
05-02-2007, 06:41 AM
Thought it would be cool to take the little guy out by himself without his big sisters this weekend. We can get some "guy" time out there. Its well needed.

RiverToysJas
05-02-2007, 06:53 AM
I did that when my son was 3, maybe 4. Just he and I went out, set up the trailer for the weekend, and launched the boat. That afternoon the worst storm in a bunch of years hit. I think 8 boats sank on Havasu. We big rolling white caps in the river between Needles and Moabi. We did fine, he got a little scared, but handled it good. The only problem putting the boat back on the trailer in the heavy wind storm by myself! I finally was able to get the guy pulling out next to me to drive up my truck while I held the boat in place.
For the rest of the season my son was always "checking for clouds" before we launched the boat. LOL
Waterndog and I have since had "no Moms" trips with my two kids and his daughter. Kids loved that. Two Dads and three kids, all under 6yo.
You should have a great time.
RTJas :D

lewiville
05-02-2007, 07:11 AM
I did that when my son was 3, maybe 4. Just he and I went out, set up the trailer for the weekend, and launched the boat. That afternoon the worst storm in a bunch of years hit. I think 8 boats sank on Havasu. We big rolling white caps in the river between Needles and Moabi. We did fine, he got a little scared, but handled it good. The only problem putting the boat back on the trailer in the heavy wind storm by myself! I finally was able to get the guy pulling out next to me to drive up my truck while I held the boat in place.
For the rest of the season my son was always "checking for clouds" before we launched the boat. LOL
Waterndog and I have since had "no Moms" trips with my two kids and his daughter. Kids loved that. Two Dads and three kids, all under 6yo.
You should have a great time.
RTJas :D
cant wait. I hope there's no storm set for this weekend.

Baja Big Dog
05-02-2007, 08:05 AM
cant wait. I hope there's no storm set for this weekend.
Who cares if it rains, I couldnt imagine anyghing more fun that sittin in the front yard on a milk crate wih your little "bro" watching it rain!!!
Count your blessings, and take pictures.:D

Run_em_Hard
05-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Right after I graduated from High School me ans my dad took a trip to Havasu, just us two. One of the best trips I have ever been on.
Have fun, make it memorable:)

lewiville
05-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Who cares if it rains, I couldnt imagine anyghing more fun that sittin in the front yard on a milk crate wih your little "bro" watching it rain!!!
Count your blessings, and take pictures.:D
thanks. something I really looking forward to. have to stock up on batteries for the camera.

lewiville
05-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Right after I graduated from High School me ans my dad took a trip to Havasu, just us two. One of the best trips I have ever been on.
Have fun, make it memorable:)
I can only hope he remembers after all drinking we'll be doing:rolleyes: oh thats right he's only 5 lol

pixilatedpussy
05-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Thought it would be cool to take the little guy out by himself without his big sisters this weekend. We can get some "guy" time out there. Its well needed.
Awwww! Thats cute! Have fun on your guys weekend!;)

lewiville
05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Awwww! Thats cute! Have fun on your guys weekend!;)
think we might find some hotties out there?

driverno8
05-02-2007, 10:50 AM
I did it last weekend! Me and my 2 year old. Had a friggen blast! I plan on doing it more this summer. VERY much needed father-son time.
Have a blast and enjoy!

pixilatedpussy
05-02-2007, 10:56 AM
think we might find some hotties out there?
:eek: You just might!:D Chicks are suckers for the younger men!;)

driverno8
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Chicks are suckers for the younger men!;)
You're telling me! They were all over him this weekend. He loved it.

lewiville
05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
:eek: You just might!:D Chicks are suckers for the younger men!;)
sweet, thats what I like to hear. Sometime you just need to talk with Dad and sometimes Dad just needs to talk with his little buddie ( son ).

rivrrts429
05-02-2007, 11:20 AM
When I was growing up my Dad and I would have a "guys trip" 2 or 3 times a year. I swear I would count the days till we left. Best memories to this day. We still do it about twice a year now but we have seperate trailers in the same park. We always ate whatever we wanted and didnt care if we had clean clothes for the weekend:D I always knew I could talk to my dad and get advise on anything when it was just the two of us. Those are the trips he taught me about boating and how to back the boat down the launch ramp.
You'll have lots of fun just being guys:)

pixilatedpussy
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Have lots of fun!

lewiville
05-02-2007, 12:10 PM
When I was growing up my Dad and I would have a "guys trip" 2 or 3 times a year. I swear I would count the days till we left. Best memories to this day. We still do it about twice a year now but we have seperate trailers in the same park. We always ate whatever we wanted and didnt care if we had clean clothes for the weekend:D I always knew I could talk to my dad and get advise on anything when it was just the two of us. Those are the trips he taught me about boating and how to back the boat down the launch ramp.
You'll have lots of fun just being guys:)
what about the chicks? did he teach you anything about that subject?:D

mrs.rvrluvr
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Hubby started doing that when our sons were very little and they still look forward to going every year. Its a chance to just hang out & be boys.

I DIG IT !
05-02-2007, 07:52 PM
That sweet. My dad did that kinda stuff with me when I was little. Someday I will do the same with my boy, If I have one

NuckinFutz
05-02-2007, 07:57 PM
First of all, I'm not a perv so no hatin here. My son is moving to Canada for the summer tomorrow so I told the daughter Sunday is hers. We are both off and she has the choice of what to do, boat at Powell, Rhino run Moab area or whatever her little heart desires. Looking forward to it.

XtrmWakeborder
05-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I still go to the river with just my pops.... one of my best buddies for sure.:D