PDA

View Full Version : Concept Marine

Wizard29
05-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I've made an appointment to have the boat serviced with Concept Marine.
Anybody have any opinions/experiences good or bad with them?

cyclone
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Concept is owned by friend of mine, John Cogan. Real nice guy and good businessman. His shop is right next door to TRG Custom Fiberglass, owned by a board member, Toddnjuzz, also another good guy to work with.
your boat is in good hands.:)

BLOWN HOWARD
05-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Unhappy

Wizard29
05-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Crook!!!!!
Care to explain and elaborate a bit?

BLOWN HOWARD
05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Not really just my opinion. Was when he was at previous shop. Use GT marine or Prime Marine both in the same area

Wizard29
05-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Not really just my opinion. Was when he was at previous shop. Use GT marine or Prime Marine both in the same area
Can't. I called Prime Marine today and they are booked until late June. I need the boat back before Memorial Day.

GRASS PAY$
05-02-2007, 07:33 PM
The best shop in town. John has worked on all of my boats, He's a man you can trust.

edog_103
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
He does some nice work.

djdtpr
05-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I hate to call BULL SH*T but ive delt with John and he has always been a straight shooter and a great guy to deal with. Let me guess you wanted a blown motor that made 1000 hp and a three year warantee for half of what was quoted!

BLOWN HOWARD
05-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I hate to call BULL SH*T but ive delt with John and he has always been a straight shooter and a great guy to deal with. Let me guess you wanted a blown motor that made 1000 hp and a three year warantee for half of what was quoted!
Call it what you want and no i wasnt asking for the moon either. People are intitled to thier opinions. Deal with it. I left it plain and simple!!!! If you or anybody else has a problem with my opinion get over it. If i remeber corectly the guy was asking for opinions

djdtpr
05-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Call it what you want and no i wasnt asking for the moon either. People are intitled to thier opinions. Deal with it. I left it plain and simple!!!! If you or anybody else has a problem with my opinion get over it. If i remeber corectly the guy was asking for opinions
My point exactly just as i was giving mine.Have a nice night there BLOWn.:rolleyes:

TRG
05-04-2007, 07:03 AM
The term "Crook" to me seems pretty harsh, wich tells me one of two things,...either you were unhappy with the work he did for you (while @ the other place), or he personally ****ed you!
You seem to have the "Stones" to go on a public forum to bash him (wich is kinda like that neighbor who likes to leave notes on your car and not lead on to who it really is?...) why dont you have the stones to go into detail about why you seem to think he is a crook! (As you so,....HARSHLY claim!)
I have known and worked with John Cogan for quite a few years, i have never seen him screw not ONE person out of his shop (Concept Marine 909-447-4455) My glass shop is right next door to his and the reason why i am comming to his aid here is because he is not only one of my closest friends but a damn good business man, Hot Boat online can really screw up someones day just by using the term "Crook"...so in closing, i call Bullshiet too!
Todd Griggs
TRG fiberglass
626-991-9031

BLOWN HOWARD
05-04-2007, 07:18 AM
The term "Crook" to me seems pretty harsh, wich tells me one of two things,...either you were unhappy with the work he did for you (while @ the other place), or he personally ****ed you!
You seem to have the "Stones" to go on a public forum to bash him (wich is kinda like that neighbor who likes to leave notes on your car and not lead on to who it really is?...) why dont you have the stones to go into detail about why you seem to think he is a crook! (As you so,....HARSHLY claim!)
I have known and worked with John Cogan for quite a few years, i have never seen him screw not ONE person out of his shop (Concept Marine 909-447-4455) My glass shop is right next door to his and the reason why i am comming to his aid here is because he is not only one of my closest friends but a damn good business man, Hot Boat online can really screw up someones day just by using the term "Crook"...so in closing, i call Bullshiet too!
Todd Griggs
TRG fiberglass
626-991-9031
I changed my wording, so i hope it doesnt affend you anymore. Like i said before can you even give your opinion on here anymore with out somebody getting all but hurt. I am sure John does do great work, i was just giving somebody who was asking for opinion, an opinion. Man people are uptight in here!!!!!!

TRG
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I changed my wording, so i hope it doesnt affend you anymore. Like i said before can you even give your opinion on here anymore with out somebody getting all but hurt. I am sure John does do great work, i was just giving somebody who was asking for opinion, an opinion. Man people are uptight in here!!!!!!
You guys here on these boards have to understand that one bad post from a "customers friend" can be trully detramental to a business owner and his potential customers, people usualy take comments for face value but there's the others that will take these comments and run with it, there you have a business getting "SLAMMED" wich is what was starting here!
Thanks for realizing that you were in the wrong and re-thinking your comments about John Cogan @ Concept Marine 909-447-4411!
Nobodys but is hurt, just a little chafed! lol
Todd

Baja Big Dog
05-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Do I smell some popcorn popping???:D

BLOWN HOWARD
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
You guys here on these boards have to understand that one bad post from a "customers friend" can be trully detramental to a business owner and his potential customers, people usualy take comments for face value but there's the others that will take these comments and run with it, there you have a business getting "SLAMMED" wich is what was starting here!
Thanks for realizing that you were in the wrong and re-thinking your comments about John Cogan @ Concept Marine 909-447-4411!
Nobodys but is hurt, just a little chafed! lol
Todd
Hey Todd i understand were you are coming from. And as for slamming anybody's buss is not my style. Thats why it was a one word anwser and i didnt go into depth on the situation. Wich was along time ago that's why i didnt feel it necessary to go into details and bash anybody or there shop. As far as being in the wrong. Well its an opinion. And you know the saying they are like assholes everybody has one!!!!! Oh and i dont eat POP CORN big doug. But thanks anyway

2dasand
05-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Well, I will stand up for John, and say that I am a completely satisfied customer. He does a lot of very nice work, and every time I have been in there, he has been nothing but upstanding and honest. I got exactly what I was promised, when I was promised. He built my motor for me, and I have been extremely happy. My boat will go nowhere else. Wizard, you will be satisfied!
I have seen everything from a 39' Outer Limits to a 16' fishing boat. They work on all of it, and have happy customers. Even if Blown Howard did have a bad experience, he did mention that it was at another shop. John used to run another shop, and maybe the choice he made that upset this particular customer was only a reflection of what he was told to do. None of us know the whole story and obviously Blown Howard does not want to share, but it was a long time ago, obviously. I did not see anybody post anything negative about Concept Marine, and I believe you will be hard pressed to find an unhappy customer.

BIGNSLEEK
05-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I to am a very happy customer, john will talk to you about what you need and not what would make him the most money. he is probably one of the only people in the boat business that will not talk to you like you have to be a baller to have your boat worked on here.:D

MACHINEHEAD
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
2DASAND, Give me a call, I would like to talk to you about the engine John built for you

2dasand
05-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Machinehead, you smarta$$. Ok, Concept Marine built my motor. Sorry for the confusion. A very wise man named Kevin was my engine builder. I guess I should have watched my wording a little better. Never the less, I am very happy!