PDA

View Full Version : Green condos in the Channel?

riverracerx
05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Anyone know the name of them or know what they sell for? A friend asked me.
I don't think they come up for sale very often? Do they have garages? I see that you get dock/water access. That is a plus, since you can't keep your boat in the water in too many other places....
How about the Isles. Waterfront?

Havasu_Dreamin
05-03-2007, 12:39 PM
The ones right next to Shugrues, right? Forget what they are called but from what I remember they do not come up for sale very often, as you said. Last time one was up for sale I heard it was close to a million. Also, the little beach in front of them is not private as I always thought it was. From what I understand the only truly private beach in the channel is the beach area in front of the Isles.....And those never seem to come up for sale often either and last time it was close to a million as wellÂ…..

bohica
05-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Looked at a condo in the Isle's last weekend. Not a waterfront unit, one of the interior units. Asking price was 800K. It was freshly remodeled with new carpet, tile & granite, very nice. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it was a middle unit, sharing a common wall on both sides. Also only had a very small single wide garage around 28' deep. The amenities that go along with it are very nice, 2 pools, gym, 3 tennis courts and raquetball court.
There is one waterfront unit available on the corner which makes it very desireable. It's not on the MLS and the owner is very firm on the 1.5 mill. asking price.
The Isles is the only development with a private beach.

riverracerx
05-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Scott, so on the green ones there is a dock at the bottom. I thought that dock was private for their owners? Yes/no?
1.5 for a waterfront condo is STEEP! But to have a place to park your boat overnight and not WAIT in line to launch is clutch!
Any ideas wht will be going in the space between Kingsview and the English Village? I know the city owns the beach front though so like the Kingsview you probably can't park on the beach overnight?

Stoneman
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
We were in one about a month ago. Very nice house. It was a water front unit and I think the size was about 2900 sq.
The upstairs master bedroom was very large and the kitchen was good sized and very nicely layed out.
The dock is private after 10:00 pm until morning not sure what time. The public can use it during the day, and the owners are required to keep the dock in good shape.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Scott, so on the green ones there is a dock at the bottom. I thought that dock was private for their owners? Yes/no?
I think the dock might be open to the public during the day but private after like 10 PM or something like that. There is a sign right on the dock explaining what the deal is...

Havasu_Dreamin
05-03-2007, 01:10 PM
The dock is private after 10:00 pm until morning not sure what time. The public can use it during the day, and the owners are required to keep the dock in good shape.
There you go...
Interesting side note. If my memory is correct the Kingsview condos were something like $175-$200k when they were originally sold. From what I understand they are now going for $750k+...Be interesting how the values will be impacted, if at all, when the second bridge is constructed as it is supposed to be on the West side of the Kingsview condos...

bohica
05-03-2007, 01:27 PM
There was a condo in the Isles that I looked at a while back that was on the far western side. From talks with some people, the state wants to build the bridge as close to that western side as possible. It would be nice if they built the bridge closer to the end of the channel where it's narrower, but it doesn't look like that will happen. There's a big area of land on the Island that the state owns, If they were to put the bridge torwards the end of the channel, the road would split up that parcel of land, something the state doesn't want to do.

riverracerx
05-03-2007, 01:29 PM
They will have to change the name to Six Lane Bridge View Condos!
But yes, a great investment if you got one for 200K.
Too bad they didn't key out the airport land on the island and make those homes dockfront. That would have been killer!

riverracerx
05-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Also, the little beach in front of them is not private as I always thought it was
So if that little nice piece of sand is NOT private I am going to start using it for my kids to play on.

nodigg
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
I looked at the green condo next to Shugrues last year and I think it was a bit over a mil. Nice roomy place with some greenery on the side of the condo. The problemo is the itty bitty garages (have to store the boat elsewhere) and the Kokomo noise right across the water. Can't imagine dealing with the thump every night all summer long.......

ClownRoyal
05-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I looked at the green condo next to Shugrues last year and I think it was a bit over a mil. Nice roomy place with some greenery on the side of the condo. The problemo is the itty bitty garages (have to store the boat elsewhere) and the Kokomo noise right across the water. Can't imagine dealing with the thump every night all summer long.......
Yes...the Fri and Sat thump of Kokomos is definately a consideration. Know a couple who have a condo below the Agave and they just make it a routine not to get any sleep before 3am. Once they here 'LAST CALL FOR ALCHOHOL' then they hit the rack.

Havasu1986
05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Isn't last call at 1 am in Az,:confused:

nodigg
05-05-2007, 08:46 AM
Isn't last call at 1 am in Az,:confused:
Switched to 2am a couple? of years ago, that's when the condo's became less attractive too.:D