PDA

View Full Version : North County HBers. DP5 tonight!

Sportin' Wood
05-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Anyone from North county San Diego wanna go see a Movie?:D
Saturday May 5th
Valley Drive-In
3480 Mission Ave.
Oceanside, CA 92054
All ages event. $5 admission, $25 admission/DVD combo. Tickets can be pre-ordered at www.dezertpeople.com up to 10am the day of the event and tickets will be sold at the gate.
The gates will open at 4:30pm so you can arrive early and get a good spot. The McMillin's will be there with race vehicles, and allot of other race vehicles and prerunners will be there to check out. Lorenz Industries is putting on their wrench and dyno day at our event. You can run your prerunner on their dyno for $20.
Once it's dark (approx 8pm) we will start with Andy McMillin's The Chronicles of Bebo. DP Cinco will play immediately after. Parking in front of the movie screen is limited to just over 300 vehicles. If you are late and there are no spaces available you are welcome to bring chairs but the audio will only be transmitted to car stereos. Please car pool because the lot will fill up quick. A BBQ restaurant will be there selling food and we will have be selling sodas and water at the DP booth. No Alcohol will be sold at the event and no alcohol should be brought in. If there are minors in your vehicle there is a good chance you will be searched for alcohol by security. You can bring in your own food, water & soft drinks (please no glass containers and no charcoal BBQ's). No ins and outs once you drive inside. Please help us make this a successful event so we can do this again in the future.
Directions - Take 5 north or south to 76 east in Oceanside. Go left at Foussat Rd. You can see the drive-in from there. Or if you are on Mission Ave. You can also turn on Foussat Rd. or Ocean Point.
__________________________________________________ _________
I'm taking my 10 year old down around 4:30 he has been talking about seeing this movie for weeks. Desert People 5 is a desert racing movie if you did not get that from the above information. The DP series is the best coverage you can get of Baja racing. Its not like D2G with a lot of interviews its just bad a$$ cars and drivers fully getting it!

Baja Big Dog
05-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Man that sound cool!!! Have some fun for the rest of us!!!:D

nodigg
05-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Sounds like a great event Jeff. Think I'll check with my son....

westair
05-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Sounds like a good time! Thought that place had long been closed
except swap meets. Might have to ck it out, used to go there
about 20 yrs ago.

DMOORE
05-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Damn, I wish I didn't have to work tonight.
Darrell.