PDA

View Full Version : New Sea Wall<> No Problemo!!!!!!!!!

Not So Fast
05-05-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong so I was :( Took the Rhino down today and from acroos the bay it looked like some big boats were tied up just fine :confused: The new spacing looked like it worked darn good also!! NSF

2forcefull
05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong so I was :( Took the Rhino down today and from acroos the bay it looked like some big boats were tied up just fine :confused: The new spacing looked like it worked darn good also!! NSF
So get in your little rhino, grab your little camera,
and take a little picture,
forgot, LOL

2forcefull
05-05-2007, 03:18 PM
I mean, you know, it'd be cool to see how that turned out

Not So Fast
05-05-2007, 03:27 PM
So get in your little rhino, grab your little camera,
and take a little picture,
forgot, LOL
You know what Forceful, you can kiss my, naw just kidding ;), you are right because then I could have taken pictures of the USCG doing a staged rescue this morning at Windsor, the Tri state safety meet there, and all the pretty Eliminators launching for the regatta, plus the channel in all its glory!!! Seawall and all!!! Not to self "always bring camera" I'll do better next time I promise!! :D NSF

Todd969
05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Here's a couple from lastnite.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_2413.jpg?t=1178407756
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_2412.jpg?t=1178407777

2forcefull
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I think it looks cool, no need for chairs
and the drunks won't come down and foc with ya cause they won't
be able to get back up the wall;)

Not So Fast
05-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Were you down close and personal Todd? It looks really close! I knew one of the shutter bugs would come thru :D NSF

Todd969
05-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Were you down close and personal Todd? It looks really close! I knew one of the shutter bugs would come thru :D NSF
I went down for the fence removal yesterday. I think it came out great.

Havasu1986
05-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I went down for the fence removal yesterday. I think it came out great.
From your pics..I would have to agree.:)

Baja Big Dog
05-05-2007, 05:55 PM
As opposed to driving your car? You forgot to tell us what color your Rhino is!!!:D

Havasu1986
05-05-2007, 06:35 PM
As opposed to driving your car? You forgot to tell us what color your Rhino is!!!:D
I hear its silver:)

shueman
05-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Very nice....need to continue... :cool:

Not So Fast
05-06-2007, 06:02 AM
I hear its silver:)
Oh you guys crack me up, gotta love ***boat Forums!!!!!!! :D NSF

ClownRoyal
05-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Here's a couple from lastnite.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_2413.jpg?t=1178407756
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r103/todd969/101_2412.jpg?t=1178407777
They raised the lake and right now the water is up to the wall. No sand in front.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-07-2007, 01:04 PM
They raised the lake and right now the water is up to the wall. No sand in front.
:jawdrop: is that why they are making everyone have to tie up. :jawdrop: :D

ClownRoyal
05-07-2007, 01:10 PM
:jawdrop: is that why they are making everyone have to tie up. :jawdrop: :D
Right now it is unmoorable in my opinion. Yesterday you needed a rope so you wouldn't float out. There was not enough frontage for larger boats. Today there is no frontage. Now yes that will all change when the lake goes down - after Summer :mad:

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Right now it is unmoorable in my opinion. Yesterday you needed a rope so you wouldn't float out. There was not enough frontage for larger boats. Today there is no frontage. Now yes that will all change when the lake goes down - after Summer :mad:
:jawdrop: well that's not good at all.. :mad:

Focker
05-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey NSF drove by your house on saturday.
whats with the Raider Nation flag, I thought you were a Charger fan?

sleekcraft80
05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
If they take away the places to park in the channel, then, they will be taking money out of the pockets of the businesses in that area. I would think that the local businesses would raise hell about this. Steve Beheny former owner of Stevos got tired of all the BS last August and sold the shop to the Resort and moved to Durango Colorado. He is open there and his shop is doing really well and there is no BS. The name of his shop there is "Stevos On Main"

BajaMike
05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
Tie up the front to the wall, throw an anchor out the back to keep your boat off the wall.......:idea:

Not So Fast
05-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey NSF drove by your house on saturday.
whats with the Raider Nation flag, I thought you were a Charger fan?
You sonofabi--h :D :D :D You should have stopped as I was hibernating from the wind, oh wait we did go down and check out the channel in the "SILVER Rhino" ;)
As for the wall as reported by others today the water was lapping at it. We moored by the restrooms and I had about 1' to the wall and kept drifting.
How do people get up on that thing unless you bring a step ladder? No handicapped or just old people access that I see, pretty restrictive. Later, NSF

RaceFace
05-07-2007, 07:18 PM
If you really want to sit in the channel, why not just drive your car down there and park in the parking lot and hoof it to the sand?
I have always been a believer that "boating" means to drive a boat....not sit in the channel.

ClownRoyal
05-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Tie up the front to the wall, throw an anchor out the back to keep your boat off the wall.......:idea:
That is nice and convenient. Especially on a busy weekend.

ClownRoyal
05-07-2007, 07:30 PM
How do people get up on that thing unless you bring a step ladder? No handicapped or just old people access that I see, pretty restrictive. Later, NSF
Feel sorry for the people who are not capable of climbing a 4' concrete wall. Even if you can moore your boat you will have a hard time climbing 'THE WALL' to get to the bathrooms or to the MINI MART.
OK City Guy...what have 'WE' done wrong this time?

Focker
05-08-2007, 05:59 AM
You sonofabi--h :D :D :D You should have stopped as I was hibernating from the wind, oh wait we did go down and check out the channel in the "SILVER Rhino" ;)
As for the wall as reported by others today the water was lapping at it. We moored by the restrooms and I had about 1' to the wall and kept drifting.
was down there on saturday until about 12:30
didnt see ya maybe next time

2forcefull
05-08-2007, 06:20 AM
If you really want to sit in the channel, why not just drive your car down there and park in the parking lot and hoof it to the sand?
I have always been a believer that "boating" means to drive a boat....not sit in the channel.
I think the gas pumps have changed the beliefs of many, next you are going to see boat pool lanes, people with more than 10 people on there boat won't have to wait to lanch, at havasu I seen boats that you could'nt tell what color the interior was from the people

Not So Fast
05-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Feel sorry for the people who are not capable of climbing a 4' concrete wall. Even if you can moore your boat you will have a hard time climbing 'THE WALL' to get to the bathrooms or to the MINI MART.
Yep, we agree, no thought what so ever :( NSF

20" gun's
05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Not done, Not done right. I would have never guessed. A construction company without a laser level or transit level that is some funny stuff. I cant believe they would not check ground level and wall level (grade) with the other side of the water. Oh wait i can because if i remember right i said they SUCK. :mad: :mad: :mad:

RaceFace
05-08-2007, 08:05 AM
I think the gas pumps have changed the beliefs of many, next you are going to see boat pool lanes, people with more than 10 people on there boat won't have to wait to lanch, at havasu I seen boats that you could'nt tell what color the interior was from the people
Yeah, I didn't even think of the gas angle. Looks like I may be spending alot more time in the channel myself too! :mad:
Or try to stretch the gas out over 2 trips instead of one. This is gonna suck!!
Freegin oil companies!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

shippingguy
05-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Bobby:
Great meeting you guys yeseterday and thanks for helping me pull up to the new wall. I think it is actually really nice. I cannot believe that I know your sons from so long ago. Small world. Great hanging with all of you.
Mike

Not So Fast
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Bobby:
Great meeting you guys yeseterday and thanks for helping me pull up to the new wall. I think it is actually really nice. I cannot believe that I know your sons from so long ago. Small world. Great hanging with all of you.
Mike
PM sent, it is a small ass world huh/ Wait til you get a load of Ryan when he's here, hes pretty damn funny, gets drunk and goes to sleep as usual!! Bobby

shippingguy
05-08-2007, 04:21 PM
PM sent, it is a small ass world huh/ Wait til you get a load of Ryan when he's here, hes pretty damn funny, gets drunk and goes to sleep as usual!! Bobby
Yeah small world for sure. Ryan is definitely a funny guy. We have had some great times in the past. We will definitley all have to hang out out there again soon. Got your PM, thanks.
Mike

Lavey5150
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Too much gas money..........apparently.......

VEGASBABY
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Now with the new sea wall if you dont have an open bow boat you can walk right on to the walking path from the front of your boat if you get close enough to the wall. Sweet!

ClownRoyal
05-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Now with the new sea wall if you dont have an open bow boat you can walk right on to the walking path from the front of your boat if you get close enough to the wall. Sweet!
No Problemo!!!!!!!!!

H20Advantage
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Actually a lawsuit could be in the making with the ADA act and no handicap access for someone who is handicapped and required to climb a 4' wall when they get off a boat to use the facilities.
Who needs some extra money???:idea:

GHT
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
As I've said before.... I don't think it is all that bad of an idea. It will be better for watching kids because the spacing between the boats is nice. Also, I've noticed it will be easier to walk from the wall to the bow of my boat AND it gives everyone a place to sit.
I do think they did it poorly by their Construction practices and the time of year they decided to construct it. NOW THAT WAS PISS POOR...

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-08-2007, 06:58 PM
As I've said before.... I don't think it is all that bad of an idea. It will be better for watching kids because the spacing between the boats is nice. Also, I've noticed it will be easier to walk from the wall to the bow of my boat AND it gives everyone a place to sit.
I do think they did it poorly by their Construction practices and the time of year they decided to construct it. NOW THAT WAS PISS POOR...
What about the little kids that want to play on the beach by the water. There isn't anywhere for them to do that is there? :jawdrop: :D

GHT
05-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Actually a lawsuit could be in the making with the ADA act and no handicap access for someone who is handicapped and required to climb a 4' wall when they get off a boat to use the facilities.
Who needs some extra money???:idea:
I don't think that will apply here.. ADA states they have to have access to facilities on public right of ways. I hardly think the beach is an offical public access.... That is why they can access bathrooms and stores from the pathway. Even though I don't think any of those are ADA compliant. 2% cross slopes / 5.33% straight slopes and anything greater gets handrail / 8.33% with landings after 12ft of travel (i think 12'), etc, etc...

ClownRoyal
05-08-2007, 07:18 PM
It is actually nice and is an IMPROVEMENT to what was there before. But two issues:
1. When the lake is at Summer level (May - Sept) there is not enough frontage to moore your boat.
2. The wall is 4' high. Old people, handicapped people, children will have a hard time getting up to the sidewalk.
In talking to an owner of a boat company that produces boats here in Havasu - we both agree this wall was put up not for the so called erosion issue but was done to reduce the amount of mooring spots. Then to build the wall without thinking of the mooring issues only raises more suspicions.

H20Advantage
05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't think that will apply here.. ADA states they have to have access to facilities on public right of ways. I hardly think the beach is an offical public access.... That is why they can access bathrooms and stores from the pathway. Even though I don't think any of those are ADA compliant. 2% cross slopes / 5.33% straight slopes and anything greater gets handrail / 8.33% with landings after 12ft of travel (i think 12'), etc, etc...
I'm not an expert on any of this but if the chanel in under control of the city and it is made available to the general public I would think some rules would apply toward handicap accessibility. Fortunately nobody in my family is effected by this but there are those that could be.
I know in my area there are people that go around and look for these frivulous type lawsuits. I would rather see my tax dollars go toward building access for than into someones pocket.:eek:

Focker
05-08-2007, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=Not So Fast;2542753]I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong so I was the Broncos are awesome and just kick ass
why thank u Bobby

Not So Fast
05-09-2007, 07:37 AM
[QUOTE=Not So Fast;2542753]I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong so I was the Broncos are awesome and just kick ass
why thank u Bobby
Hey, where the FOCK did you find that, I never said it, honest your Honor. Damn there goes my Front Row seats for the Chargers games :D :D Very funny Focker, very funny !!!!NSF

Focker
05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
[QUOTE=Focker;2548939]
Hey, where the FOCK did you find that, I never said it, honest your Honor. Damn there goes my Front Row seats for the Chargers games :D :D Very funny Focker, very funny !!!!NSF
WAS WAITING TO SEE IF YA CAUGHT THAT :)

20" gun's
05-09-2007, 09:01 AM
They suck, They suck, They suck. You could have got a dry wall, tile, pool, plumber or even a farmer to do
it, and it probably would have been done right. I told ya. You get what you pay for.